Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy League With Reds Players
So I'm in a fantasy football league with Reds players, staff members, people involved, media guys, etc., and there's three leagues of ten.

Brayan Pena had on a Patriots hat and Tom Brady jersey so I asked him to please not deflate the tires on my wheelchair.

Anyways, it's a lot of money to get in ($1,000, I think, with the winnings much larger), and I didn't have to pay because my brother's partner bought me in (I couldn't spend that kind of money for that).

I was picking 10th and starting positions are QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX, K, D/ST.

Tell me what you think of my team:

1) Jeremy Hill- needs to cut down on the fumbles, but I still think he could put up top 5 RB numbers, especially if Dalton gets into a rhythm and throws to AJ on the outside and Eifert up the seams.

2) Antonio Brown- I got him at 11?! I hate the Steelers, but he's an amazing talent and will put up huge numbers. As much as I hate to say it, I think the Steelers have a damn good offense. Plus, leave all emotion out of fantasy football if you want a chance at a title.

3) Travis Kelce- I would have loved to have gotten him later, but I think his preseason has him rising up boards and I think he'll score a lot of TDs and he can stretch the field.

4) Emmmanuel Sanders- Peyton Manning may not be the Peyton Manning of old, but he's still Peyton Manning, and, with Julius Thomas gone, Sanders will get a lot more red zone targets and more targets in general.

5) Keenan Allen- apparently looking damn good in camp and has good chemistry with Rivers, so this might be a good pick.

6) Mark Ingram- not great but running backs were flying off the board, so I needed to grab one. He could at least have a solid year.

7) Eli Manning- Beckham Jr. is an animal, and Cruz back should be dangerous, which I think Eli has a good year.

8) Davante Adams- with Jordy Nelson out the entire year, I'm shocked that I got him this late and I think he's a huge sleeper.

9) Nelson Agholor- Eagles are a disaster but I think he could have a solid year.

10) Tre Mason- Great early year pick with Gurley being out. Should be ok all year long.

11) Markus Wheaton- I think he'll have a big year, also, and, like I said, leave emotion out of it.

12) Seahawks D/ST- doesn't get much better

13) Antonio Gates- only fell this far because he'll be out the first four, so it's great value.

14) Bridgewater- I didn't realize that there was only 14 rounds and I would have taken Gostowski, but kickers aren't real people anyways and I can just get one off the waiver wire.

Thoughts? How'd I do?!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So I'm in a fantasy football league with Reds players, staff members, people involved, media guys, etc., and there's three leagues of ten.

Brayan Pena had on a Patriots hat and Tom Brady jersey so I asked him to please not deflate the tires on my wheelchair.

Anyways, it's a lot of money to get in ($1,000, I think, with the winnings much larger), and I didn't have to pay because my brother's partner bought me in (I couldn't spend that kind of money for that).

I was picking 10th and starting positions are QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX, K, D/ST.

Tell me what you think of my team:

1)  Jeremy Hill- needs to cut down on the fumbles, but I still think he could put up top 5 RB numbers, especially if Dalton gets into a rhythm and throws to AJ on the outside and Eifert up the seams.

2)  Antonio Brown- I got him at 11?!  I hate the Steelers, but he's an amazing talent and will put up huge numbers.  As much as I hate to say it, I think the Steelers have a damn good offense.  Plus, leave all emotion out of fantasy football if you want a chance at a title.

3)  Travis Kelce- I would have loved to have gotten him later, but I think his preseason has him rising up boards and I think he'll score a lot of TDs and he can stretch the field.

4)  Emmmanuel Sanders- Peyton Manning may not be the Peyton Manning of old, but he's still Peyton Manning, and, with Julius Thomas gone, Sanders will get a lot more red zone targets and more targets in general.

5)  Keenan Allen- apparently looking damn good in camp and has good chemistry with Rivers, so this might be a good pick.

6)  Mark Ingram- not great but running backs were flying off the board, so I needed to grab one.  He could at least have a solid year.

7)  Eli Manning- Beckham Jr. is an animal, and Cruz back should be dangerous, which I think Eli has a good year.

8)  Davante Adams- with Jordy Nelson out the entire year, I'm shocked that I got him this late and I think he's a huge sleeper.

9)  Nelson Agholor- Eagles are a disaster but I think he could have a solid year.

10)  Tre Mason- Great early year pick with Gurley being out.  Should be ok all year long.

11)  Markus Wheaton- I think he'll have a big year, also, and, like I said, leave emotion out of it.

12)  Seahawks D/ST- doesn't get much better

13)  Antonio Gates- only fell this far because he'll be out the first four, so it's great value.

14)  Bridgewater- I didn't realize that there was only 14 rounds and I would have taken Gostowski, but kickers aren't real people anyways and I can just get one off the waiver wire.

Thoughts?  How'd I do?!
ridiculously deep at WR, and thin at RB may want to try to pull a trade for a RB. I'd dangle Sanders out there. Don't think he'll repeat what he did last year
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 02:55 PM)Paul from Dayton Wrote: ridiculously deep at WR, and thin at RB may want to try to pull a trade for a RB. I'd dangle Sanders out there. Don't think he'll repeat what he did last year

Thanks.  I realized that I'm thin at RB and need to make a move, especially with Mason losing a lot of value when Gurley comes back and Ingram maybe losing passing plays to Spiller and other carries to Robinson, but, with Spiller being injured for at least the start of the year, I might be ok.

You're right about Sanders, though, and maybe I can get some value for him before Manning comes out and sucks.

Then again, maybe Manning has a super-human year and I could trade Sanders for a lot of value if I wait.
Reply/Quote
I just saw a draft analyzer in my league, and while it's only a computer/numbers evaluation, it still might give some hints as to how I did:

In the starters column, I'm third of ten, and that's without a kicker, so that could move me into second or first.

Bench, I'm eight of ten, and I'm sixth in overall.

If that holds true, I'm liking it because a kicker could improve my rankings, as could picking up a guy or two that has a surprise year.

I still have two spare spots for a kicker and whoever else when FAs become available.

Have some work to do, but I'm thinking that I could make a roll at the title.

The only player in my league (there's three or four[?]) is Skip Schumaker.
Reply/Quote