Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy etiquette
Guy i work with invited me to his Fantasy football team so I told him I’d play.

Proceed to draft well IMO and play hard and get into the playoffs. Play the guy I work with in the first round and knock him out.

3 days ago he drops Antonio Brown and AJ Brown and blocks me in the league when I call him out for dropping 2 big players after he’s knocked out while his wife (1st seed picks one up) and the number 2 seed picks up the other. (There’s no waiver wire in this league btw).

When I call him out he gives me shit for picking up Dalvin Cook a few weeks ago when one of our other playoff teams dropped him in the middle
Of being injured after he sat in FA for 2 days because no one complained then.

Just wanted to vent since no one I know plays or gives a crap about fantasy football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oddly enough Antonio Brown walked off and was subsequently kicked off the Bucs team today. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut and avoided what is sure to be drama down the road.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:02 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Guy i work with invited me to his Fantasy football team so I told him I’d play.

Proceed to draft well IMO and play hard and get into the playoffs. Play the guy I work with in the first round and knock him out.

3 days ago he drops Antonio Brown and AJ Brown and blocks me in the league when I call him out for dropping 2 big players after he’s knocked out while his wife (1st seed picks one up) and the number 2 seed picks up the other. (There’s no waiver wire in this league btw).

When I call him out he gives me shit for picking up Dalvin Cook a few weeks ago when one of our other playoff teams dropped him in the middle
Of being injured after he sat in FA for 2 days because no one complained then.

Just wanted to vent since no one I know plays or gives a crap about fantasy football
So much to address here...
No waiver wire protocol (even just 24 hours) is ridiculous ... just rife for shenanigans (I love that word)
Nobody should be giving you shit for picking up Dalvin Cook - who the hell drops him in the first place? I've been sitting on Mattison all year long just because he's a shadow of Cook (won me two games because he's an auto-3 down backup)
Spouses in the same league? only time I've ever seen that fly well is one league where the only thing worse than the guy winning was his wife winning (she's got one championship to his goose-egg).
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:42 AM)felis tigris Wrote: So much to address here...
No waiver wire protocol (even just 24 hours) is ridiculous ... just rife for shenanigans (I love that word)
Nobody should be giving you shit for picking up Dalvin Cook - who the hell drops him in the first place? I've been sitting on Mattison all year long just because he's a shadow of Cook (won me two games because he's an auto-3 down backup)
Spouses in the same league? only time I've ever seen that fly well is one league where the only thing worse than the guy winning was his wife winning (she's got one championship to his goose-egg).

I actually picked up Mattson when cook had gotten hurt then dropped him when Cook came back early. Also I beat this guy out of the playoffs last week and he picked up Mattson as soon as cook got covid so I didn't even get to use him anyways that week. For some reason he thinks a playoff competing team dropping an injured player is the same as dropping half your team after the playoffs.

All that said I think I beat my opponent anyways unless Chubb scores more than 38 points
Reply/Quote