Dennis Pitta or Dwayne Allen at TE?

Rest of the team is...

Phillip Rivers
AJ Green
Allen Robinson
Deangelo Williams
Matt Forte
Amari Cooper
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:42 AM)jason Wrote: Dennis Pitta or Dwayne Allen at TE?

Rest of the team is...

Phillip Rivers
AJ Green
Allen Robinson
Deangelo Williams
Matt Forte
Amari Cooper

Id go Allen based on the matchup, but it's a tough one. Pitta is getting plenty of looks thus far
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 06:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Id go Allen based on the matchup, but it's a tough one. Pitta is getting plenty of looks thus far
That's OK kinda how I see it too. I just picked Pitta up. I think I'll watch him another week or so first.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm doing horrible this year at 0-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:42 AM)jason Wrote: Dennis Pitta or Dwayne Allen at TE?

Rest of the team is...

Phillip Rivers
AJ Green
Allen Robinson
Deangelo Williams
Matt Forte
Amari Cooper

I'd go pitta, colts have been completely underwhelming thus far and pitta just got double digit looks.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 11:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'd go pitta, colts have been completely underwhelming thus far and pitta just got double digit looks.
Yeah. I'm going Pitta. I think I'm swapping out Amari for Jarvis Landry this week too.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 12:49 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. I'm going Pitta. I think I'm swapping out Amari for Jarvis Landry this week too.

Tough call if non ppr, if ppr Landry all the way.  Even non ppr against brownies he is a good play
Reply/Quote
Mariota or Bortles.... I'm thinking mariota playing the raiders who have surrendered most fantasy points to QB so far

McCoy, Melvin, Blount... Sitting hill and Forsett. Until hill does anything productive I can't play him. And even so Blount and Gordon are playing lights out.

Julio and....... Watkins, Baldwin, Crabtree, dorsett (picked up after dropping Moncreif). I'm leaning Baldwin but if Watkins plays I can't hardly sit him even with the foot. The safe play is Crabtree, but maybe dorsett? 2 pt bonus for 20-39 yd td and 5 pt bonus for 40+

TE, gronk martellus ertz. Sounds like a mess but if gronk plays he is in my lineup, even though martellus might be the safer play . Picked up ertz off waivers last week after someone dropped (prematurely) him to hopefully unload gronk at a later date. Or ertz for a lesser talent
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 01:02 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Mariota or Bortles.... I'm thinking mariota playing the raiders who have surrendered most fantasy points to QB so far

McCoy, Melvin, Blount... Sitting hill and Forsett. Until hill does anything productive I can't play him. And even so Blount and Gordon are playing lights out.

Julio and....... Watkins, Baldwin, Crabtree, dorsett (picked up after dropping Moncreif). I'm leaning Baldwin but if Watkins plays I can't hardly sit him even with the foot. The safe play is Crabtree, but maybe dorsett? 2 pt bonus for 20-39 yd td and 5 pt bonus for 40+

TE, gronk martellus ertz. Sounds like a mess but if gronk plays he is in my lineup, even though martellus might be the safer play . Picked up ertz off waivers last week after someone dropped (prematurely) him to hopefully unload gronk at a later date. Or ertz for a lesser talent
I'd go Mariotta. I don't know what's wrong with Jax offense so far. Allen Robinson is driving me nuts... Maybe this is the week though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 12:57 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tough call if non ppr, if ppr Landry all the way.  Even non ppr against brownies he is a good play
It PPR ... One point per. I haven't used Landry yet, but he seems to get targets. Cooper is definitely more explosive though. He's my usual flex.

I'm playing a sorry team so I figured I ay around a little this week.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So much for my Bengals players....How can I start Hill and Bernard when combined they don't have 100 yards rushing for the season. So I'm forced to start Fozzy Whittaker and Jalen Richard who each have over 100 yards rushing a piece. Denver D is benching Hill and Bernard and Dalton who I'm starting Russel Wilson over in spite of him limping. ....and I had to drop Bengals D because I needed TE and WR and RB help. Having the Seattle D, having Bengals D in reserve was a luxury I could not afford...I picked up TE's Pitta and Tamme and WR Enunwa along with RB Whittaker......I want Bengals to win Sunday, but I bailed on them putting up good Fantasy Numbers against Super Bowl Champs.

Well so much for that....Now Panthers coach not starting Whittaker even though he is healthy and just off a good week last week.....and I'm starting to see the problem with Fantasy Football......Whittaker healthy but the coach won't start him.....Hill and Bernard healthy but the OC won't give them the ball.....These coaches are a pain in the rear end to keep up with. .....So I guess I'm forced to go with Hill and Bernard Combo in hopes that combined they get some points. ...The coaches are killing me, just killing me........So I will start Hill and Bernard and why not Dalton, he is off to a better start than Wilson. Wilson out there limping around. Dalton was in running for MVP AWARD before he got injured....So fine, I'll just start a Bengals backfield, the coaching moves and injuries leave me no choice. Maybe this works out for the best anyway, who knows.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Would you do this: I'd be giving up: Maclin, Jeremy Hill, and Zeke Elliot. I'd get AJ Green, Spencer Ware, Jamaal Charles.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 06:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Would you do this: I'd be giving up: Maclin, Jeremy Hill, and Zeke Elliot. I'd get AJ Green, Spencer Ware, Jamaal Charles.

If you've got another good RB still then yeah I'd probably do it. If you're weak at the position Id consider keeping what I've got. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 07:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If you've got another good RB still then yeah I'd probably do it. If you're weak at the position Id consider keeping what I've got. 

I don't. My rbs would be ware, Charles, Ryan Mathews (ugh) and James white (ugh).

But my wrs would be OBJ, AJ, Amari Cooper, and Marvin Jones. That's pretty nasty.

And I'd be able to start all of those wrs. Only need to start 2 rbs
Reply/Quote
I had a chance to take AJ Green and instead took Brandon Marshall.....I regret that....

I'm 0-2 so far....My first pick Russell Wilson limping around....I'm playing Andy Dalton......I do not mind Hill and Bernard because together they put up points....Seattle D is OK....I'm not getting what I want out of my WRs or TE yet....Wish I had taken AJ Green over Marshall ...I should not have passed up my Bengals best player.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:04 PM)kevin Wrote: I had a chance to take AJ Green and instead took Brandon Marshall.....I regret that....

I'm 0-2 so far....My first pick Russell Wilson limping around....I'm playing Andy Dalton......I do not mind Hill and Bernard because together they put up points....Seattle D is OK....I'm not getting what I want out of my WRs or TE yet....Wish I had taken AJ Green over Marshall ...I should not have passed up my Bengals best player.
You've got too many guys from one team starting. If you wanna win you can't play favorites. All it takes is for the Bengals offense to have a bad game, and you basically have no chance to win.. I have both Dalton and Green, and started both weeks 1-2. I won because AJ killed it week one, and I had Deangelo Williams, and Matt Forte. Yeah it's tough to watch games and be ok with opposing players doing well against the Bengals... But they're gonna do what they do regardless... Week 3, I benched Dalton for Phillip Rivers because I hated Andy's matchup. Rivers wasn't much better, but it worked ok. You gotta do stuff like that and leave your heart out of it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 07:53 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I don't. My rbs would be ware, Charles, Ryan Mathews (ugh) and James white (ugh).

But my wrs would be OBJ, AJ, Amari Cooper, and Marvin Jones. That's pretty nasty.

And I'd be able to start all of those wrs. Only need to start 2 rbs
Don't do it man. You're pretty set at WR for the moment. Roll with what you got for a little longer. I have AJ Green, and he's had 2 ho hum games. He does that in fantasy a lot. He's a top 5 guy in real life, he's the top of the line of the 2nd tier of receivers in fantasy.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:37 PM)jason Wrote: You've got too many guys from one team starting. If you wanna win you can't play favorites. All it takes is for the Bengals offense to have a bad game, and you basically have no chance to win.. I have both Dalton and Green, and started both weeks 1-2. I won because AJ killed it week one, and I had Deangelo Williams, and Matt Forte. Yeah it's tough to watch games and be ok with opposing players doing  well against the Bengals... But they're gonna do what they do regardless... Week 3, I benched Dalton for Phillip Rivers because I hated Andy's matchup. Rivers wasn't much better, but it worked ok. You gotta do stuff like that and leave your heart out of it.

Being my first time at this, I thought the draft was strange.  It would give a list of names and with each pick add a new name to the list. Often none of the names were who I wanted. If there was a different draft screen to go to, I do not know. Once it started it went fast and I was on this screen of what they considered top players, like a Mel Kiper board thing....Often I did not get to pick  from my top players lists .....My first pick was Russell Wilson and my second pick could have been AJ Green but I took Brandon Marshall because he did have a great stat year last year. So far both have been banged up and somewhat injured.   Of the picks options I took Larry Fitzgerald third and it gave defense in teams to my surprise and threw Seattle out there first.  Had Denver been on the board I would have probably grabbed them. .....Around here the only good RBs on the board were Hill and Bernard.  I didn't really want the Bengals RBs, but everybody was picking RBs as I was trying to get a top QB and top WRs.    I was never happy with the TE's on this Mel Kiper like draft board.  I thought Tucker was a good kicker to get. .................Dalton was suppose to be my back-up QB.  Wilson is so banged up though.........I've tried to upgrade at RB but it's hard because teams are hoarding all the RBs. ..........I did upgrade at TE adding Baltimore and Atlanta TE. .....I do not mind Hill and Bernard because one of them can have a big day, but which one.  I think over the season they will both put up points.

So I really didn't set out to have a team of Bengals.  Dalton was suppose to be a back-up.  He is out playing Wilson so far because Wilson so injured.  Injuries to my top non Bengals picks are killing me.  Wilson and Marshall all messed up.  I'm going to hit the free agents again early Wednesday when that opens.  I'm going to try to adjust each week from that Mel Kiper draft list thing I was forced to draft from.  I will have to build the team I really want in free agency. I picked up 2 RBs gaining yards last week, but one got injured in practice and another got benched even though he was playing great. Injuries and keeping up with these coaches also. These coaches bench good players on a bet or a hunch. At least Hill and Bernard are going to get carries or catches over the season......Of my 3 Baseball teams, all 3 were near play-offs, One is playing this week against a team to win for the whole season. I built those teams up in free agency. I guess I'll have to work the free agency and waiver wire hard in this also. I really wouldn't mind Lavell or Boyd if one really steps up. Bengals ARE going to have to find a guy to make catches besides Green. Boyd could be a sleeper as a free agent if he comes on. If a team drops a good player in free agency, that's when I will really swoop in like in baseball.

I have to get a win this week, I don't want to start 0-3.....my league started a week late even though we drafted before start of season, no wait, it was after that opening Thursday game on Friday, that's what happened. My first time at this and the draft list was kind of strange, not showing all the players. I am going to bounce back and get my share of wins. I see the people that drafted Gronk at TE are watching him injured.. Keeping up with injuries and these coaches is next to impossible.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Do you start Gronk this week?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 09:50 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Do you start Gronk this week?
I'd say yes.

Who else you got?

If Kyle Rudolph or Pitta are available they have good matchups.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote