Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Randy
Ever experienced deja vu? Not the Gentleman’s Club. The feeling of really having a strong feeling that you’ve seen or experienced that before. Just watched the end of Jets vs Titans game. Fat Randy lined up for the tie from 49 yards. ?? No Good. ?? Hooked left. We’ve seen that movie before. To the big guys credit, he made 3 earlier when the game didn’t hang in the balance.

I don’t want to pile on the guy but I’m very very thankful that we actually have a kicker now!!! Who Dey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
So....

You made a thread to shit on a kicker who went 3/4 today in order to pump up a guy who went 1/2?

Interesting choice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Titans would have lost in regulation had Randy not gone 3/3 with 46 yard long before overtime. You all need to get over the Randy thing. He isn't a Bengal anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So....

You made a thread to shit on a kicker who went 3/4 today in order to pump up a guy who went 1/2?

Interesting choice.

Nah. He was just pointing out how Bullock, more often than not, folds under game winning/late tying kicks.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 09:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. He was just pointing out how Bullock, more often than not, folds under game winning/late tying kicks.

Because points scored in the first 3 quarters don't count, and only points scored in the 4th quarter count towards Ws and Ls. Of course. That's why 3-4 is worse than 1-2 and needed a whole thread to "not want to pile on the guy".

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 09:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because points scored in the first 3 quarters don't count, and only points scored in the 4th quarter count towards Ws and Ls. Of course. That's why 3-4 is worse than 1-2 and needed a whole thread to "not want to pile on the guy".

They all count. He wouldn't have had the opportunity, again, to choke if he had missed earlier. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 10:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They all count. He wouldn't have had the opportunity, again, to choke if he had missed earlier. 

And McPherson wouldn't have had the opportunity to kick a game winning FG if he hadn't choked with a miss earlier. It's a dumb thread with no point. Kickers miss kicks, kickers make kicks. People just like to bring up the ones they miss when they don't like the kicker to justify their random hatred of a player.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And McPherson wouldn't have had the opportunity to kick a game winning FG if he hadn't choked with a miss earlier. It's a dumb thread with no point. Kickers miss kicks, kickers make kicks. People just like to bring up the ones they miss when they don't like the kicker to justify their random hatred of a player.

Or they just state facts about how one kicker has a propensity to miss game changing late kicks. 

They're both true.

P.S. Why do you love Randy Bullock so much?

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Or they just state facts about how one kicker has a propensity to miss game changing late kicks. 

They're both true.

P.S. Why do you love Randy Bullock so much?

Do I love him, or do I just dislike how a kicker who did a good job for a couple years with the Bengals got unfairly constantly shit on while he was here and even now after he's gone? (Hint: It's the latter.)

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Do I love him, or do I just dislike how a kicker who did a good job for a couple years with the Bengals got unfairly constantly shit on while he was here and even now after he's gone? (Hint: It's the latter.)

I do agree that he did a good job while he was here. With the exception of at least one kick that would have won a game and one that would have sent it into overtime. It just feels like he missed enough "important" kicks to warrant some shit. But i also think there are at least a few people that do it without any real anger or malice. I know i'm one. 

Maybe i'm just jaded and spoiled by Jim Breech going 9/9 on lead changing kicks in end of game/overtime circumstances. Randall isn't the only kicker that's been blasted on for missing some kicks for the Bengals over the years. 

Reply/Quote
I was watching the game, and as soon as he lined up for it I knew it was going to be wide left.. Soon Fat Randy. The most un-clutch kicker ever ..
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 10:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They all count. He wouldn't have had the opportunity, again, to choke if he had missed earlier. 

There's a reason the term "clutch" exists.  Kicks in the first 3 quarters... when the entire game isn't on the line, aren't really "chokeable" moments.
Face it... when given the opportunity to choke, Randy usually does.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:53 PM)Tony Wrote: I was watching the game, and as soon as he lined up for it I knew it was going to be wide left.. Soon Fat Randy. The most un-clutch kicker ever ..

I was watching also.  As soon as he missed it I knew there would be threads here about it.  One took a matter of minutes to appear (if that), one posted in Jungle Noise that was moved here (this thread) and even a comment about it in a Jungle Noise thread that had nothing at all to do with kicking, field goals, or anything related to NFL kickers. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 06:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was watching also.  As soon as he missed it I knew there would be threads here about it.  One took a matter of minutes to appear (if that), one posted in Jungle Noise that was moved here (this thread) and even a comment about it in a Jungle Noise thread that had nothing at all to do with kicking, field goals, or anything related to NFL kickers. 

Ya, it's expected I guess.. That whole Charger debacle will all we ever remember of fat Randy.. It really does make me glad we have an amazing rookie kicker. I haven't ever been this happy with a Bengal kicker.. I don't get nervous when he lines up for a game winner like, Shank Grahm, Fat Randy, Etc...
Reply/Quote