Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favored for the 1st time since 1989
(11-14-2022, 12:02 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I feel like someone in the organization reads this forum. It takes a few weeks but how long did we say our line isn't made for wide zone blocking, we need the same strategy that has worked with our other non-athletic linemen in past years (we ain't the 2018-19 Rams Taylor). And last week happened. Or the deep pass isn't working, lets try focusing on the middle, or play action... Well if we just started talking about chipping Watt or Highsmith it may take another few weeks to be planned  Ninja Sorry, couldn't help myself. Plan to negate a team's strength, and make their weakest link beat you

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 10:57 PM)pally Wrote:

How pathetic is that all? The Steelers have had some sucky seasons over the past 51 years...
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 10:59 AM)motoarch Wrote: Not sure what kind of message is sent in whooping a terrible team.  

The Bengals are a net 43 over in points (4th best in the NFL) while the Steelers sit at -67(dead last in the NFL).  

The fact that the Bengals lost to them is pathetic.

The Steelers can't run the ball on offense and Pickett throws a bunch of 0 to 5 yard passes.

You know the worst Bengals offensive games, where we just run for 1 yard. Run again for 1 yard. Then throw a -3 yard screen and try to get a 1st down? THAT'S the Steelers normal offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers can't run the ball on offense and Pickett throws a bunch of 0 to 5 yard passes.

You know the worst Bengals offensive games, where we just run for 1 yard. Run again for 1 yard. Then throw a -3 yard screen and try to get a 1st down? THAT'S the Steelers normal offense.

Hey Pistons what’s up buddy? I see you guys dominating as the Steelers have a terrible offense but a tough defense. You guys should force Kenny Pickett into some turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:56 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Pistons what’s up buddy? I see you guys dominating as the Steelers have a terrible offense but a tough defense. You guys should force Kenny Pickett into some turnovers.

I sure hope so. 90% of the people I work with are Steelers fans.

Losing to them twice this year would suck.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers can't run the ball on offense and Pickett throws a bunch of 0 to 5 yard passes.

Sounds like a chance at a shutout for our guys, that would make my month a good one.

Then go on a run.

(11-15-2022, 11:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I sure hope so. 90% of the people I work with are Steelers fans.

Losing to them twice this year would suck.

No doubt, they are everywhere. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They may not, but some of the beat writers do (or at least did).
Jim O. was an occasional poster here back when he was a beat writer for Bengals.

He did a nice job of coming on and attempting to answer our questions, kind of above and beyond compared to some others in the sports media.  I liked him as the Bengals writer, hated to see him go.  However, from his perspective it must have been a lot more prestigious to be covering the Green Bay Packers than what the Bengals were descending into at that time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 02:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He did a nice job of coming on and attempting to answer our questions, kind of above and beyond compared to some others in the sports media.  I liked him as the Bengals writer, hated to see him go.  However, from his perspective it must have been a lot more prestigious to be covering the Green Bay Packers than what the Bengals were descending into at that time.

Kinda flipped on him though now.
Reply/Quote
This is great!

Reply/Quote
Watch Pickett throw 2 TD's against our Defense in 1 game lol
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 03:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is great!

Not good company to be with.
Clausen ended up starting just 14 games in his career, going 1-13.
Leaf just a bit better with 21 starts, going 4-17.
Neither lasted more than a few years in the league.

Pickett currently sits at just 2 TDs but already 8 INTs (!!)
That's 2 more than Burrow, and with 138 less attempts.

Pickett may turn the corner eventually and become at least a decent NFL starter, but he's not trending that way so far.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like a chance at a shutout for our guys, that would make my month a good one.

Then go on a run.

No doubt, they are everywhere. Mellow

I take a certain amount of pleasure in watching Steelers games and rooting for Pickett to play bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 04:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not good company to be with.

Pickett may turn the corner eventually and become at least a decent NFL starter, but he's not trending that way so far.

I don't know. He throws a wobbly ball. I just don't see it.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 04:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not good company to be with.

Let's add more perspective:
Clausen ON THE SEASON threw 9 INTs. He played in 13 games and started 10. Threw 299 passes
Leaf threw 15 INTs by season's end. He played in 10 games, started 9. Threw 245 passes
Pickett currently played in 6 games, started 5. Has currently thrown 195 passes

Here are their INT% numbers:
Clausen 3%
Pickett 4.1%
Leaf 6.1%

My guess is if Pickett doesn't ... ummm ... pick up his play by the end of the season, when the Steelers and Tomlin part ways in the offseason (just my prediction, btw), new coach is going to get a new QB. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Oh Steelers fans...

Reply/Quote
Wow, just wow. stealer fans....Say What
Reply/Quote
Fillipponi is on the radio here. He's WAY over the top on Pickett. Like Pickett will play bad in a game and he'll talk about how great he's going to be.

Pickett and Pickens is the new Montana to Rice, etc.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Kenny Pickett
130 comp 195 att 66.7% comp % 1161 yds 2 TDs 8 INTs 68.3 QB rating

Joe Burrow after 6 games
160 comp 246 att 65.0% comp% 1620 yds 6 TDs 4 INTs 85.1 QB rating

Oh, yeah, it's like looking in a mirror. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I only picked us to win in fantasy pick-em because we should, not because I think we will. Been a fan for too long to ever pencil in a victory for this team.

Reply/Quote