Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Actor/Actress?
(07-12-2015, 12:13 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: NICHOLAS CAGE!!!

NIcolas Cage actually stars in three of my all-time favorite movies.

Wild at Heart
Moonstruck (if you are ever forced to watch a romantic comedy with a girl pick this one.)
Raising Arizone

He was also very good in "Adaptation" which is another really good movie.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 01:29 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Portman is great and has chosen some interesting roles but to say that she was good in the SW prequels is seriously debatable. A role that many may not appreciate but I thought she was excellent in was her small role in Cold Mtn.

Good movie (Cold Mountain), but I don't fault anyone for not being able to act in the prequels. Hell, even Samuel Jackson was flat. The guy who played the Emporer was about the only one who did a decent job. The first movies weren't really known for their stellar acting, but I think the prequels fell flat because of too much CGI. When the bulk of your movie isn't there, it's hard for actors to react to much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NIcolas Cage actually stars in three of my all-time favorite movies.

Wild at Heart
Moonstruck (if you are ever forced to watch a romantic comedy with a girl pick this one.)
Raising Arizone

He was also very good in "Adaptation" which is another really good movie.

When Cage isn't trying to be an action guy, he does alright. Love Raising Arizona. He's good in Kick Ass. Gone in 60 Seconds. 8mm. Trapped in Paradise. It's just films like Con Air and Ghost Rider where he's really off from the character.
Reply/Quote
Actress Sigorney Weaver Been i a lot of the movies i like

Actor. Hard to really pick just one. But here im just gonna base it off of movies that are still being made and set to come out in the near future. Michael Fastbender

If i was going for movies already made sometimes its hard to separate the movie from the acting but Bruce Willis i think is very good. many more that could make a list though. bill Paxton? yes

Best Supporting Actor. Micheal Bein

2 of those metioned here will be in Alien 5
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In my opinion he is one of the most underrated actors out there.  He was kind of cursed with the Titanic reputation of just a pretty young heartthrob, but has done a lot of really good stuff.  (Shutter Island, Inception, Blood Diamond).  I have never seen The Aviator, J. Edgar, or The Departed, but he got good reviews in those also.

But I still give DeNiro a slight edge over DiCaprio.  He has had more great parts than I can list here, but my favorite is probably Max cady in Cape Fear.  And he can play comedy as good as serious roles.

If you dig gangster movies you should watch the departed. Jack is excellent in it as well
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 04:01 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: If you dig gangster movies you should watch the departed. Jack is excellent in it as well

while not nearly as good as the departed i enjoyed that western flick he did.

The quick and the dead
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 04:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: while not nearly as good as the departed i enjoyed that western flick he did.

The quick and the dead

i have not seen that.  i'll add it to the list.

the Jason Bourne dude and Marky Mark were also good in the deparate, Martin Sheen as well  the movie is a must see!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 04:50 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: i have not seen that.  i'll add it to the list.

the Jason Bourne dude and Marky Mark were also good in the deparate, Martin Sheen as well  the movie is a must see!

No i agree the Departed was a great film. Im in the boat of didnt like Decapio at first but hes done some quality films
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 04:01 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: If you dig gangster movies you should watch the departed.  Jack is excellent in it as well

Yeah for me that's his best movie. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Don Cheadle.   I liked Phillip Seymour Hoffman too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 11:34 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Pretty Simple.  Who's your favorite, and your answer must be limited to ONE!

Mine is Clint Eastwood.

Rep!!!!! Probably best actor ever  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 04:01 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: If you dig gangster movies you should watch the departed.  Jack is excellent in it as well

I second this. Possibly one of best Dicaprio ,movies I've ever seen. Well worth the watch. Rock On

Matter of fact I may dig it out now and watch it. Excellent movie.

Reply/Quote
A guy I also like, who I never would have guessed I would, is Justin Timberlake. He's good. He also seems like a funny guy who doesn't take himself too seriously.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Actor: (tie) Harrison Ford / Tom Hanks
Actress: Charlize Theron
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  I have never seen The Aviator, J. Edgar, or The Departed, but he got good reviews in those also.

I highly recommend all three. Especially "The Departed". ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I highly recommend all three. Especially "The Departed". ThumbsUp

I second that bad as movie 

Reply/Quote
Clint Eastwood generally plays the same guy in every movie he is in. Same with John Wayne. I appreciate that people like that character. That's why they played them over and over. Heck, I like the character. But how good is an actor who doesn't play more than one character type? Answer: You probably never get to find out how good they really are.

Still, I suppose you should get some credit if you do only one thing, but do it really, really good.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 01:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A guy I also like, who I never would have guessed I would, is Justin Timberlake.  He's good.  He also seems like a funny guy who doesn't take himself too seriously.

He's a decent actor. I never listened to his music.

(07-14-2015, 02:06 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Actor: (tie) Harrison Ford / Tom Hanks
Actress: Charlize Theron

Charlize is an excellent actress. She can really range and make you believe.

I like Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks. Tom Hanks really showed his range in "Philadelphia". I'd like to see what either could do as a lead villain. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 01:23 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I second this. Possibly one of best Dicaprio ,movies I've ever seen. Well worth the watch.  Rock On

Matter of fact I may dig it out now and watch it. Excellent movie.

(07-14-2015, 03:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I highly recommend all three. Especially "The Departed". ThumbsUp

Yes. The Departed is a must see.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:10 PM)Bengalzona Wrote:  Tom Hanks really showed his range in "Philadelphia". I'd like to see what either could do as a lead villain. Ninja

He was a "bad guy" in Road to Perdition but he was still the main protagonist instead of the villain.
Reply/Quote