Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Bengals team
I believe this is my all time favorite Bengal team since 1968. While I was a huge fan of the Anderson/Esiason Super Bowl teams, when you look at the entire roster, this current incarnation top to bottom is my favorite. Tiger
Reply/Quote
I am starting to think the gm's picking 1 through 4 need to be fired. I haven't seen what Chase is doing since Rice.
Reply/Quote
While i enjoyed '81, i'd say my favorite team to this point was '88 because i was older and had been a fan for a while by that time. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The 05 team was the reason I started following the Bengals closely. So I guess I’d say them. That offense with Palmer, Chad, and TJ was just so much fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 03:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: While i enjoyed '81, i'd say my favorite team to this point was '88 because i was older and had been a fan for a while by that time. 

Yep, that '88 team is still my favorite. They were so fun to watch, especially after Ickey took off. 
Reply/Quote
It's a toss up to me. I like the '88 team a lot, but the '81 team won the freezer bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 03:40 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's a toss up to me.  I like the '88 team a lot, but the '81 team won the freezer bowl.

That is, unfortunately, one thing i remember very vividly about that season. Dad and i went outside to get in the car and anything wet--like nostrils--froze instantly. It also took us about 30-45 minutes to get the car started to get where we were going to watch the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Growing up in the 90’s, the 2005 team was (and likely may well be) the most exciting year I’ve had as a Bengals fan
Reply/Quote
Fan from '68 as well. Enjoyed attending the "Freezer Bowl" but the '88 team had more "personality." Also, attending the Super Bowl in Miami was much more fun than Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 03:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, that '88 team is still my favorite. They were so fun to watch, especially after Ickey took off. 

Same, but this one could rival that one. We will see, I just love this Defense. But I also loved that one with Krumrie and Fulcher
and company. I love a good Defense which is why I don't mention the 2005 team. Our 2015 team was good in all 3 phases.

I hope our Return situation gets better, this might be my only complaint with this team this year. That and starting faster on 
Offense and scoring points early.
Reply/Quote
The one from Cincinnati.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I don't know about favorite but this current team may be the most balanced and selfless Bengals team that I've seen.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 03:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That is, unfortunately, one thing i remember very vividly about that season. Dad and i went outside to get in the car and anything wet--like nostrils--froze instantly. It also took us about 30-45 minutes to get the car started to get where we were going to watch the game. 

I usually spent Sunday's at my Dad's.  He was not a football fan but would tolerate it when I came over.  We lived in a small town so he lived close by, so I brushed aside my Mom's concerns and decided to walk to his apartment.  It wasn't a long walk, especially in nice weather, but I had just thrown on a jacket and a toque. I was still cold the next day at school.  

I have to say the '81 team is my favorite.  I had been a fan for a few years when a SB run came out of the blue.  

I understand people liking this team, and I do as well.  But, no way I'm declaring it my all time favorite of 40+ editions of this team when we're a scant seven games into a season.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I wasn't really following football until 1993, and as much as I liked Blake to Pickens, I'm going to say the 2003 team. Yes, we only went 8-8, but we all knew something good was brewing.

We beat the 9-0 Chiefs to take a share of 1st place 10 games into the season, which was special at the time. We also beat the Ravens that year, and I want to say the Steelers as well.

Plus I just loved Jon Kitna. Loved his attitude. Loved his cross hats. Loved that we had a blue chip QB in waiting. Loved the duo of Chad and Pdub (who was emerging prior to the injury). Rotating Rudi and CD. So yeah, 2003...but this current team has a chance to be it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 02:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I believe this is my all time favorite Bengal team since 1968. While I was a huge fan of the Anderson/Esiason Super Bowl teams, when you look at the entire roster, this current incarnation top to bottom is my favorite.  Tiger

Loved the '05 team, but this team is BY FAR my favorite because we have more weapons, we're more balanced, better D (IMCO), and we're more selfless and every player is about the team.

'05 seemed like a bunch of selfish individuals who were all about the flash, which I also think played out in all the legal problems we had.

This am seems a lot more selfless and just all about winning and doing their part to win.

The confident swagger we have is amazing because we let our play speak for us and then we're just like "yeah, we know we're bad-asses!"

I also like our defense a lot more this year because they're all doing their jobs, playing as a unit, and doing their part to win us games.

GIVE ME THIS YEAR'S SQUAD!
Reply/Quote
I was born in 1980 and the '88 Super Bowl team was when I really started paying attention to football, but I was too young to process, appreciate, or remember most of that.

2005 was probably the most magical for me. Their trajectory was almost like this team's. It was such an exciting and explosive group that could score anytime, anywhere, seemingly on both sides of the ball.

This current team has me thinking about them in similar ways. I'm very excited about what we have and watching football is fun this year! If we win these next two and them come out swinging out of the bye, I'll be beyond hyped. I really do think this group has the talent and the personality to do some damage in the playoffs. This could end up as my favorite ever if they can continue to exceed expectations!
Reply/Quote
'81 probably just because they were the first.

It was crazy having the whole world talk about the Bengals playing in the Super Bowl.

And the Freezer Bowl has become and NFL legend. I will never forget watching it.
Reply/Quote
'88 team started my fandom.
Reply/Quote
I loved the 05 team. Young Chad was just the best thing to happen to this team's PR in ages. He made things exciting and fun, and they had an offensive group with zero real weaknesses. Carson Palmer takes a lot of shit, but he was looking like a guy that would be right there with Manning and Brady before the injury and the decline of that elite o-line group.

The 09 team was a special one, too. The last minute victories vs the Steelers and Ravens were two great moments in this team's modern history. "Touchdown Andre Caldwell!" is probably my favorite call I've ever heard on the radio in any game.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 03:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: While i enjoyed '81, i'd say my favorite team to this point was '88 because i was older and had been a fan for a while by that time. 

Yup 88 still favorite but 05 gets honorable mention for finally bringing life back to Bengals after years of pain and suffering.
Reply/Quote