Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Favorite Bengals victories
What were your favorite wins and worst losses in all the years you guys have been fans?
Reply/Quote
Best- The Freezer Bowl, not because it was a great game, but the conditions make it memorable and what was a stake.

Worst- Every single loss to the freakin steelers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Was the freezer bowl in the early 80s?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 07:45 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Was the freezer bowl in the early 80s?

1981 before most were born on here, my senior year in HS. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The year with Rudi Johnson, TJ Houz, Ocho cinco, Chris Henry and Braham at center with Carson Palmer in his youth and splendor throwing perfect bombs. It was the year the Squeelers took out his knee. It was magical and exciting after coming out of the hole from the 90s. Our coaches and Defense was our achilles but really exciting season it was....
Reply/Quote
Even as a Packer fan I was so pulling for you guys in 2005 and always do when your not playing us. I was so devasted when Palmer got hurt in that wildcard game in 2005. You guys might have won it all that year if that didn't happen. I was almost as mad as I would be when Rodgers went down.
Reply/Quote
Beating the Steelers at PBS in 2009.

Still don’t know how Leonard picked up that 1st down on the final drive.

Also loved the Thursday night beat down of the Oilers in 97. Corey Dillon’s coming out party.
Reply/Quote
Best win: Bengals 61 Oilers 7

Coach Sam Wyche said: "We don't like this team. We don't like their people. When you get a chance to do it (run up the score), you do it. I wish today this was a five-quarter game. Our only real regret there is that Lee Johnson missed that extra point "(after a fourth-quarter touchdown)

Sam Wyche is my hero

Worst loss: 2016 playoff loss to the Steelers. Hurts just thinking about it.
Reply/Quote
favorites  AFC championship 1988 vs bills,  beating Steelers in Pittsburgh 2005 38-31, clinching AFC north 2005 on my birthday vs lions, beating Dallas in 1985 50- 22
Worst losses 2006 Tampa bay on phantom roughing the passer, blowing 28-7 lead to chargers, missed extra point I Denver on Christmas eve graham missing 37 yard field goal the following week that would of put us in playoffs
Reply/Quote
Bengals-Steelers 2012
Incredibly tight game. Tied 10-10. Very rough game. The Steelers get the ball where you think they will drive down the field and beat us. Instead Reggie Nelson gets a pic, on the next play Andy connects with AJ on a fantastic pass, and then Josh Brown hits a FG to win the game. I have dubbed that game "The Trifecta." All 3 phases of the game do something excellent to beat them in a dope ass game. It was awesome
Reply/Quote
The 1988 AFC Championship game win over the Bills. Marv Levy bitched to the NFL about the no huddle offense the Bengals were running and the NFL turned around and told the Bengals 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME that they can't run it.

Bengals still went out and kicked their asses. Screw you Levy!!

The Super Bowl XVI and XXIII losses were tough. Had a chance to win both of them and came away empty.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 07:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Best- The Freezer Bowl, not because it was a great game, but the conditions make it memorable and what was a stake.

Worst- Every single loss to the freakin steelers

Yep, I was just a kid at the time (11, almost 12), but I thought that was the beginning of something special.

(11-28-2017, 09:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The 1988 AFC Championship game win over the Bills. Marv Levy bitched to the NFL about the no huddle offense the Bengals were running and the NFL turned around and told the Bengals 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME that they can't run it.

The Super Bowl XVI and XXIII losses were tough. Had a chance to win both of them and came away empty.

I almost forgot about that part.  I'm glad those douchers lost 4 Superbowls..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Best:

1) The Freezer Bowl
2) '88 AFC Championship

Here's where I ran into trouble. To be honest, there haven't been many times walking out of PBS when I felt elated over a win ( didn't witness the '09 Steeler victory).

The Worst (much easier):

1) SB XXIII
2) SB XVI
3) Steelers Playoff game Jan '16
4) Steelers Playoff game Jan '06
5) Five way tie between all of the other playoff shit shows of the Marvin era
* Honorable mention: The "Brandon Stokely game" of '09
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 09:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The 1988 AFC Championship game win over the Bills. Marv Levy bitched to the NFL about the no huddle offense the Bengals were running and the NFL turned around and told the Bengals 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME that they can't run it.

Seriously? Wow that's not right. Happy you destroyed them.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:21 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Seriously? Wow that's not right. Happy you destroyed them.

The irony being that the Bills, after this game, became big fans of the no huddle and ran it a lot themselves.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The irony being that the Bills, after this game, became big fans of the no huddle and ran it a lot themselves.

Its funny Liama I had a map of the fanbases around the country and the Bills just had a tiny spot in Western New York but that was it. The rest of the state was all Jets and Giants. Ive even heard a Bills fan saying were not nearly as bad as the Bengals. I told him you guys haven't done anything since Jim Kelly was your QB. The Bengals had some great years in 2005, 2013 and 2015. Buffalo hasn't even made the playoffs since 1999. For him to knock the Bengals just irritated me.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The Best:

1) The Freezer Bowl
2) '88 AFC Championship

Here's where I ran into trouble. To be honest, there haven't been many times walking out of PBS when I felt elated over a win ( didn't witness the '09 Steeler victory).

The Worst (much easier):

1) SB XXIII
2) SB XVI
3) Steelers Playoff game Jan '16
4) Steelers Playoff game Jan '06
5) Five way tie between all of the other playoff shit shows of the Marvin era
* Honorable mention: The "Brandon Stokely game" of '09

STOKLEY, DOWN THE SIDELINE! CAN THEY CATCH HIM?! STOKLEY! WOWWWWW!
Reply/Quote
Best: 88 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Living in Rochester,NY during my senior year of high school, I had witnessed a dramatic increase in Bills fans (they were terrible in the mid 80's), and that all were talking trash about the game. Watching Munoz own Bruce Smith and knowing how quiet school would be the next day was priceless!

Worst: 2016 playoff loss to Steelers
Losing to the Steelers is bad enough on it's own, but the meltdown after having tasted victory and the ugly scene when Big Ben was carted off made this one embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The irony being that the Bills, after this game, became big fans of the no huddle and ran it a lot themselves.

Rode it to 4 Super Bowl appearances... In the meantime, Mike Brown happened to Cincinnati... But hell, the Bengals are nippin' at their heels at the moment.

Favorite win would be the 88 AFC championship game. Only because I remember it better than the freezer bowl. I was in first grade when the freezer bowl took place... I did watch it with my pops though.

The 2015 playoff game is still the most Bengals loss in recorded history. The game was the entirety of Bengals history condensed into 3 hours and change... There are so many "worst losses" to choose from though. I'm still going to say that the second Super Bowl loss to SF still trumps all other losses.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 07:55 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Even as a Packer fan I was so pulling for you guys in 2005 and always do when your not playing us. I was so devasted when Palmer got hurt in that wildcard game in 2005. You guys might have won it all that year if that didn't happen. I was almost as mad as I would be when Rodgers went down.

I remember after Palmer got hurt that year I went to a Packers message board and made 1000 threads. 
Reply/Quote