Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Favorite Bengals victories
(11-28-2017, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I remember after Palmer got hurt that year I went to a Packers message board and made 1000 threads. 

Ok ill calm down on the threads. Sorry about that.
Reply/Quote
I've been a fan since 1994, so I'll only use that time frame.

Favorite win? Beating the 9-0 Chiefs back in 2003. It got the Bengals to 5-5 and a share of the AFCN lead, which was unheard of after 10 games back then. The atmosphere was electric. It's really when Chad became my favorite player.

Worst loss? The 2015 playoff loss to the Steelers. I've never seen a playoff win...so for them to seal a victory, only to hand it back in the most Bungle way possible - to the hated Steelers - was cruel.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 09:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The 1988 AFC Championship game win over the Bills. Marv Levy bitched to the NFL about the no huddle offense the Bengals were running and the NFL turned around and told the Bengals 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME that they can't run it.

Bengals still went out and kicked their asses. Screw you Levy!!

The Super Bowl XVI and XXIII losses were tough. Had a chance to win both of them and came away empty.

Yeah, and the bills  ran the same offense for the next few years like they invented it too. Marv Levy was a ----sucker!
Reply/Quote
One loss I remember hating was that 2009 regular season ending loss to the Jets where we got shut down 30-0. We had already clinched at that point but you just knew no team that looked that pathetic was going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

That 2009 team was, IMO, the most balanced (and my favorite) Bengal team other than the 2015 one. We had finally had all the pieces, offense and defense. We could run pretty well, and although the passing wasn't as prolific as 2005-2007, we could still score well enough in crunch time if needed, as we demonstrated a few times that season. Then, with Henry getting injured and then killed everything went south. He was to our offense then what Dunlap is to our defense now in that he didn't contribute every play, but there was more than a few games where his big play making ability single handedly won the game or kept us in it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As a relatively young fan, one of my favorite games in recent memory was the victory over Denver in 2014 to clinch a playoff spot. I distinctly remember Hill breaking off a 80+ yard run. Maybe the fact it was Christmas time helped, but watching that game was just so enjoyable.

On a side note, I chose to travel to watch the Bengals play the Browns on TNF that year rather than go to the DEN game because I wanted to watch a supposed guaranteed win. Unfortunately, I witnessed the worst performance of any QB in many years. Oh well!
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:09 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Ok ill calm down on the threads. Sorry about that.

Hey I don't run the place so it's no skin off my arse. I'm just having my fun, I guess. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 08:47 PM)Streak 161 Wrote: Best win: Bengals 61 Oilers 7

Coach Sam Wyche said: "We don't like this team. We don't like their people. When you get a chance to do it (run up the score), you do it. I wish today this was a five-quarter game. Our only real regret there is that Lee Johnson missed that extra point "(after a fourth-quarter touchdown)

Sam Wyche is my hero

Worst loss: 2016 playoff loss to the Steelers. Hurts just thinking about it.

Me too.....LOVED that game, and hated the other one.....obviously, I like Sam a lot. Wink

(11-28-2017, 09:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The 1988 AFC Championship game win over the Bills. Marv Levy bitched to the NFL about the no huddle offense the Bengals were running and the NFL turned around and told the Bengals 2 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME that they can't run it.

Bengals still went out and kicked their asses. Screw you Levy!!

The Super Bowl XVI and XXIII losses were tough. Had a chance to win both of them and came away empty.

These are up there for me as well.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote