Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite OL prospects
(11-19-2017, 12:34 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I do too.
It's nice Connor Williams is back. Interested to see how he plays the rest of the year. Gives the OT class another hope at panning out. None of these are top 10 picks right now. Connor's first few games were so bad. People blew up on McGlinchey for a few bad plays, Williams had like 3 games of mostly that stuff. 

Wynn is gonna make for a very good guard who can play some swing tackle. 

Williams first game back was against WVU...He did l9oki good but that's not saying much since WVUs defensive line is just bad. (Williams went up against Ezekiel Rose.) Not only is the line bad but unlike last year they rarely blitz.

About McGlinchey even though that Miami game was bad it's not like ND was in great position being way behind ...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some under the radar later on O-Line prospects to consider:

Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
Braden Smith, G, Auburn
Scott Quessenberry, OG/C, UCLA
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
Casey Tucker, OT, Stanford
Reply/Quote
Will Hernandez, G, UTEP.
McGlinchey is a maybe, if you believe he can learn better pass pro.
Price, center, 3rd.
I think there may be some solid right tackles in this draft. Blind side? A lot of fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 10:02 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP.
Price, center, 3rd.
I think there may be some solid right tackles in this draft. Blind side? A lot of fingers crossed.

Jones has all the talent to be a great blindside protector, possibly even elite, but needs to get his inconsistency on technique issues down.
Reply/Quote
Right now:
Maea Teuhema

Former LSU starter that made interior holes for Fournette. Transferred to a smaller school for "academic stuff".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Right now:
Maea Teuhema

Former LSU starter that made interior holes for Fournette. Transferred to a smaller school for "academic stuff".

I like him too. They played him at Tackle some at LSU where he isn't a fit, but I think he can be a stud guard. The LSU coaches still speak well of him.
Reply/Quote
Orlando Brown Jr. "Oklahoma" 6'8" 345lbs

Dad had 12 year NFL career in division for Browns and Ravens.

Dad was nicknamed Zeus

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Orlando Brown Jr. "Oklahoma" 6'8" 345lbs

Dad had 12 year NFL career in division for Browns and Ravens.

Dad was nicknamed Zeus

Was that the guy that got hit in the eye by the flag?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was that the guy that got hit in the eye by the flag?

Yep
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Connor Williams officially declared. Skipping the bowl game.
Odd choice given how much time he missed and how bad his first games of the year were.
But dude gonna get taken high and make a lot of money.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 05:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Connor Williams officially declared. Skipping the bowl game.
Odd choice given how much time he missed and how bad his first games of the year were.
But dude gonna get taken high and make a lot of money.

Is he the first off the board in your opinion? Not saying he should be or should not be. From what I here is he is the most talented while the dude from Notredame is most NFL ready just curious to see what NFL teams prefer talent or readymade players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 06:16 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Is he the first off the board in your opinion? Not saying he should be or should not be. From what I here is he is the most talented while the dude from Notredame is most NFL ready just curious to see what NFL teams prefer talent or readymade players.

It comes down to how both test. 
Medicals will be huge for Connor. 
Both need to prove that they can handle speed on the edge. 
McGlinchey gets shallow in his sets and then opens his shoulders to chase. That's technique. 
Williams has heavy feet. That's just how he is. 

I think he (Williams) compares to Brandon Scherff outta Iowa few years back. He's at guard now, I think he could have hung at RT but he's a very good RG. 
If Williams doesn't look better vs speed, he'll be moving inside too. 
Reply/Quote
Williams more and more likely that he's gonna go around mid 20s
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 10:02 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP.
Price, center, 3rd.

I can't see how he'd be any worse than Ogbuehi in pass pro and would be a huge upgrade in the run game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I can see Price climbing into the 20s and Bozeman going early day two.

I wouldn't complain if they traded back and took Price considering the only center Cincy will have under contract in 2018 is TJ Johnson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 09:55 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Nelson- OG ND

Brown- OT OU

James Daniels- C Iowa.  (Only a Junior and not sure if he’s coming out)

Price- C tOSU. I’ll defer to my bucknut friends here and rely on their expertise watching him this year.  But C should definitely be on our wishlist this year.

Not a Buckeye fan, but I've watched a couple of their games (all my inlaws are in Ohio), and I like the guy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 05:40 PM)Synric Wrote: I can see Price climbing into the 20s and Bozeman going early day two.

I wouldn't complain if they traded back and took Price considering the only center Cincy will have under contract in 2018 is TJ Johnson.

Bozeman reminds me a bit of Konz from Wisconsin a few years ago
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 08:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Isaiah Wynn UGA

I've seen alot of places list him as a center too. 

But how do you think he'd look there? I can see maybe RT but mostly like LG.

I'm mostly think big at Center because the Bengals play in thr AFC North where every team but the Bengals has huge 3-4 Nose Tackles...

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: I've seen alot of places list him as a center too. 

But how do you think he'd look there? I can see maybe RT but mostly like LG.

I'm mostly think big at Center because the Bengals play in thr AFC North where every team but the Bengals has huge 3-4 Nose Tackles...

I haven't seen enough to outright say he'd be good or bad there. But he plays with such a secure set of fundamentals I don't see why he couldn't, in theory, be looked at for all spots to varying degrees. 

He's a strong nasty blocker. That plays. Look at Richie Incognito.

I'm not too worried about it being a "big" center. Give me a guy who can win with leverage and angles. 
Pittsburgh has a massive NT on roster but the starter and key player is Hargrave who is right around 300lbs. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 03:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I haven't seen enough to outright say he'd be good or bad there. But he plays with such a secure set of fundamentals I don't see why he couldn't, in theory, be looked at for all spots to varying degrees. 

He's a strong nasty blocker. That plays. Look at Richie Incognito.

I'm not too worried about it being a "big" center. Give me a guy who can win with leverage and angles. 
Pittsburgh has a massive NT on roster but the starter and key player is Hargrave who is right around 300lbs. 

Cincy likes their Georgia players. I wouldn't be surprised if Wynn is the second round pick at Center.

Reply/Quote