Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Place You Have Ever Traveled To
I love to travel. Both domestically and internationally. I have been to 47 states and all 7 continents. So what was your favorite place you have ever traveled to and why? It can be a one time visit, somewhere you go all the time, somewhere in the US, or somewhere international. But where did you go, what did you do there, and why was it so memorable that it became your favorite?
Reply/Quote
Mongolia.

First of all the women are beautiful and the men are scarce.

You can live like a King on about $20 a day

It has the history of Genghis (they call him Chinghis) Khan and the Mongolian empire

The rugged beauty of the Gobi desert

The travel options such as being a spur on the Trans-Siberian Railway

The Capitol is fairly Westernized.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yosemite National Park

Runner up is a tossup between the Oregon Coast and Arches National Park.
Reply/Quote
I thoroughly enjoyed Japan.

Amazon Rainforest as well.
Reply/Quote
Renting a cabin in the Smokey Mountains near Gatlinburg. We went there for our honeymoon so maybe that’s why its such a fond memory. For our 5th Anniversary we are going back next year.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 12:19 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Renting a cabin in the Smokey Mountains near Gatlinburg.  We went there for our honeymoon so maybe that’s why its such a fond memory.  For our 5th Anniversary we are going back next year.

Gatlinburg cabins are great, but the more the merrier. You get about 16 folks (8 couples, ect..) all chipping in and you can get a mansion at a great location for the cheap.

Who's with me? But be warned....we like to Sling

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 11:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed Japan.

Amazon Rainforest as well.

The public restrooms at McDonalds in Japan are better than I'll ever have in my house:

Big flush

Little Flush

Heated Seats

Water cleanse

Air Dry

The hand driers actually dry your hands

Reply/Quote
I am currently talking to you from Japan because I’m here for work. I have been to Japan Germany Korea France And the Netherlands. And of course most of the United States. I’ve still managed to avoid California. However my favorite place in the entire world is in Bryson city North Carolina which is deep in the Appalachians. And specifically there is a place called Deep Creek, which is part of Smoky Mountain National Park. That is my happy place. Deep Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Saint Lucia, cool volcanic style island that has various terrains that have a Hawaii like feel for a fraction of the cost.
Reply/Quote
I haven't traveled a ton, especially internationally. I haven't taken a vacation in my adult life; just haven't been able to afford it. When I was in Scouts, though, I visited several states and went to Canada a couple of times. There is a camp I went to, Haliburton Scout Reserve, that is probably one of my favorite places. The camp was on a lake and you had to canoe everywhere. You dug your own latrines, you had your own swimming hole for the campsite. Some campsites were on islands in the middle of the lake. It was a week in the woods where we had some programs, but mostly it was just being teenagers in the woods. The Scouters let us do our thing while they drank beer and smoked Cubans. This was against all sorts of policies, but our leaders saw this as a vacation for them. They made sure we weren't screwing up too much, but other than that they just let us do our thing.

Those were two of my favorite weeks. I also got to visit Toronto where a whole troop of Scouts, in uniform, visited Hooters. I got to see Niagra Falls, as well, but truthfully it wasn't all that much to me.

[Image: Uwg6agQ.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I would have to say, Thailand. I had thought when I retired I would live there, but I met my wife, that ended that thought.
I loved Phuket and Pattaya Beach. Just pull up 2 palm trees and grab your hammock on a white sandy beach....
Reply/Quote
Outer Banks North Carolina. It's always so relaxing and there are several restaurants that I love. And swimming in the ocean and parasailing.
Reply/Quote
Concord, MA.

Granted, The Old North Bridge is a replica, but the site is the same.

Breathtaking, not for beauty but for significance.

Standing on it gave me a feeling I can't describe, a feeling never felt in any other moment.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Sorrento, Italia, in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gatlinburg cabins are great, but the more the merrier. You get about 16 folks (8 couples, ect..) all chipping in and you can get a mansion at a great location for the cheap.

Who's with me? But be warned....we like to Sling

We’ve been trying to get a bunch of folks to go down but it’s pretty hard to get everyone to agree on a week we all have free. Damn kids and being responsible parents I guess. Kids, ruining lives since they were born.

But I’d join ya guys, bfine. I loved it that much down there.

Theres a great place for wings just off the main drag in Pigeon Forge. Can’t remember the name of it though.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I been in a lot of interesting places. And I cant really pick a favorite based upon experiences because each place is unique, as well as each experience. But the place I find y piece is Colorado. Something about the mountains in summer time draws me and gives me a deep feeling of relaxation and peace.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 04:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: I been in a lot of interesting places. And I cant really pick a favorite based upon experiences because each place is unique, as well as each experience. But the place I find y piece is Colorado. Something about the mountains in summer time draws me and gives me a deep feeling of relaxation and peace.
You should try Kalispell, Montana. My favorite place domestically. Truly the most beautiful place in the USA.
Reply/Quote
I have three here in the United States....

The Monongahela National Forest in WVA....pretty untamed in black bear territory, great silence, and good trout fishing.

Hilton Head, SC for the beach trips....laid back and close to Savannah....for the history buff in me.

Darlington, SC for the inner gearhead.  I go to the Southern 500 every year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Traveled quite a bit with 6 years in the Navy. One place was head and shoulders above the rest, Bali. Clean, white sand, topless beaches as far as you can see, stayed in a 5 star hotel for $33 a night with a door that opened right on to the beach.
Reply/Quote
Put me down for Gatlinburg. We honeymooned down there, and loved it so much we actually lived there for a couple of years. In Sevierville.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote