Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Favorite Play of the Year?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: FIHjrocXEAE5NuA.jpg]

Yep

It looked like he was in 4th gear and the entire defense was in 2nd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pratt's INT against Vegas. First playoff win in 31 years.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 12:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pratt's INT against Vegas. First playoff win in 31 years.

I was trying to decide on a favorite defensive play from the season, and with the significance of what that one meant - it’s tough to beat.

Another big one: Wilson stopping Sunshine on the goal line in the Jags TNF game. Who knows how our season ends up going if we dropped that game. And we probably would have had we gone down by 21.

Reply/Quote
I liked the Bates - Bell pick in OT against the Chiefs...
Reply/Quote
The long reception against double coverage by Tee Higgins in the second Baltimore game. There were so many to choose from, but that was grown man football.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My favorite play of the year took place in Paul Brown Stadium against the Steelers. As a bonus, I got to see it in person. Eli Apple picked off Ben Roethlisberger and nearly ran the ball back for a touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 09:10 AM)pally Wrote: The very first long throw to Chase right before the half in the Minnesota game.  That pass showed us the future.  It showcased what this season could become.  It gave us hope.  You could hear the city of Cincinnati release the breath they had been holding since Ja’Marr had been drafted.

Yes, I think that shut up all the doubters early and we all knew this would be a dangerous Offense if Chase could catch the ball.

Then, the Slant against the Ravens where Chase spun off 2 defenders for like a 70 yard TD run. The Chiefs catch where everyone
was around Chase and wasn't touched was the best play of the year in my opinion as Nicomo noted but that first TD catch for Chase
was what we needed to get the season started.

Also have to say, I loved the Tee Higgins catch with 2 Ravens draped on him while he went up high and pin pointed that ball deep.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 12:31 PM)pally Wrote:

I watched this, then watched the top 10 plays of the 2020, and seeing the difference is amazing. I’m not sure how many of 2020 would even make it on 2021’s highlights.
Reply/Quote
Trying to give the ball to Perine from the shotgun on 3rd and 1 on our opening drive and then punt from the 49 on our opening drive of the Super Bowl that didn't happen or the QB sneak that didn't happen.

Mixon also should have taken the carry from behind the QB, not Perine, but it was a stupid call from the shotgun regardless.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 06:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Trying to give the ball to Perine from the shotgun on 3rd and 1 on our opening drive and then punt from the 49 on our opening drive of the Super Bowl that didn't happen or the QB sneak that didn't happen.

Mixon also should have taken the carry from behind the QB, not Perine, but it was a stupid call from the shotgun regardless.

You realize this is a favorite plays thread, right?

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You realize this is a favorite plays thread, right?

Yep I meant it as my favorite plays were plays that didn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 12:31 PM)pally Wrote:

Clay Johnston is going to be a hell of an answer to some trivia question in the future.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 06:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep I meant it as my favorite plays were plays that didn't happen.
Well that's not the subject of this thread..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Offensively, Chase's spin cycle move against Baltimore.

Defensively, the audacity of Khalid Kareem TAKING the ball from Drew Lock.

Special Teams, McPhereson nailing it in the ACCG.
Reply/Quote
Without looking at others my first has to be Pratt int. The weight of the world (football wise) gone in an instant. The Jeremy Hill fumble no longer mattered. I was in the opposite end zone so I didn’t know what happened at first. All I knew was that one way or the other, the Raiders didn’t get in, and it had finally ended.

Chase’s long TDs against the Ravens and Chiefs were great.

Even’s walk off 52 yarder against the Titans and the AFC winning kick against the Chiefs were awesome. There wasn’t one part of me that thought he would miss either. And when it leaves his foot and you know right away it’s good. Wow.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The first TD to Jamar Chase that was special... the crowd was electric
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:15 AM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: It sucks we lost but there were alot of great plays made throughout the regular season and playoffs. I'm curious to know what's your favorite Play of the season?

Personally mine was the Catch Tee Higgins over two defenders against Baltimore closely followed but Jamarrs' block on the Mixon TD run in Detroit.

Favorite:  Mike Hilton "Pig 6", when he intercepted the pig for six points, at home, to make it 40-3.  The announcers were fumbling for excuses for the steelers.  At that time, I was just a young sith lord, consumed by hate (for the steelers) before a young jedi named Burrow showed me the light.  

Most important:  Hubbard's sack (near game-ending fumble) of Mahommes on 3rd and goal.

Most Fun:  Chase blowing up a safety for Mixon, as he actually rolled and bounced back up and got plastered again (Chase be like:  I said SIT DOWN, *****!)  

Most Surprising:  Mixon TD pass in Super Bowl.  There was a HUGE prop bet I almost took on that very thing, and thought....Nahhhhh.

Most Satisfying:  Select ANY play from the 40 burger that Burrow leveled on Martindouche that ultimately ended his career in Baltiwhore.  

Most Annoying:  Any of about 50 runs in to a pile on 2nd and 10.  

Most Unbelievable:  Burrow hitting Chase for 24 yards up the sideline on an all-out blitz on 3rd and 23.  

Most Depressing:  Seeing that Chase broke free from the grabby Ramsey on that fourth down play to end the game and was wide open for a game winning TD.  I know we are all pissed, but I think the core of this team won't forget how they lost this year, and they will be back NEXT YEAR and will win MULTIPLE Super Bowls.  I am 100% confident.  

Most Stupid:  Personal Foul on Mike Hilton when it was the Jet that led with the crown of the helmet.  Assbags.  

Most Humorous:  Has the be the one Nicomo has as a screen shot.  Chase in a sea of Chiefs...VROOOOOMMMMMM!!!

Most Awesome Announcer Call:  I love me some Dan and Lap, but when Kevin Harlan said about Chase in the first Raven game:  "He put him in a spin cycle and HE'S OFF!".  I laughed and yelled and kept rewinding it and replaying it.

This season was so full of amazing memories.  Sure, it is a huge bummer that they didn't finish it by winning it all, but the Bengals are no longer league punching bags.  LOTS of narratives are gone for a long time.  They will be Super Bowl contenders nearly every year over the next decade.  This is just the beginning.  
Reply/Quote
The interception by Mike Hilton on Ben Roethlisberger right before the half. That look on Roethlisberger's face. I know it didn't mean much in the way of winning. But damn, it sure felt good, like were were putting it to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw64L5XtvtY
Reply/Quote