Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite QB other then Burrow?
For me, Geno Smith really impressed me last season. As for retired QBs, Peyton Manning.
[Image: VYOA6ZFCJ5HNFA3XPZIIQKMJZE.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Manning is great on and off the field. I posted in the quarterbacks show thread. I am now a fan of Mariota and Cousins- see the show and understand more why I say that.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Active QB, it's Trevor Lawrence or Matthew Stafford.

I know Stafford may not be a favorite around here after beating the Bengals but the guy suffered for ever in Detroit on some terrible teams and finally got a chance to show how good he was in LA.

Lawrence is a guy I've liked since college and I really think he has a chance to help another bad franchise in Jax.

Also, really pulling for Ridder down in Atlanta to have a good season. Be nice to see the UC kid do well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 01:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Active QB, it's Trevor Lawrence or Matthew Stafford.

I know Stafford may not be a favorite around here after beating the Bengals but the guy suffered for ever in Detroit on some terrible teams and finally got a chance to show how good he was in LA.

Lawrence is a guy I've liked since college and I really think he has a chance to help another bad franchise in Jax.

Also, really pulling for Ridder down in Atlanta to have a good season. Be nice to see the UC kid do well.
I can't hate Stafford even after he beat us.
[Image: VYOA6ZFCJ5HNFA3XPZIIQKMJZE.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 01:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Active QB, it's Trevor Lawrence or Matthew Stafford.

What Murdock here said. Really like Lawrence after finally showing up last year for the Jags. Stafford had that big arm and was on a 
terrible franchise with terrible coaches for years, he irked me a bit after barely beating us in the Super Bowl but I think any QB would.

Really liked Ridder on the Bearcats and hope he is the next young QB to really play well for the Falcons. I still really like Josh Allen and
always will pretty sure, he is a great runner and has about the biggest arm in football. I like Herbert as well, but he needs to start winning
in the big games.

But Burrow is my favorite QB since Peyton and Joe Burrow is already my favorite QB of all time. Cannot believe he is on my team.

Love the way Burrow throws the ball, such a flawless release. Peyton was fun on and off the field and is a comedian though, love the guy.
Reply/Quote
I really like Jalen Hurts story.
Still wish good things for Andy Dalton. I cannot hate the guy.
Geno Smith suffered through a lot being on the NY Jets and I think his career will not be anywhere close to what it could have been if he was elsewhere.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Mohamed Sanu
Reply/Quote
It was Russell Wilson for a long time but now it’s Mahommes. Dude just plays the right way.

If it had to be a non burrow non Mahommes player it’s probably Lamar or Fields or Stroud. I really felt that Georgie game turned CJ Stroud into a NFL QB. He was insane that game and i think he has the ability make that game his new normal with good coaching
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Of course, I'll root for Dalton anytime he's not playing us. I also really like Josh Allen.
Reply/Quote
I always liked Boomer Esiason when he played. Met him at a bar one time and he bought me a beer. In my book, no other QB has done that. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course, I'll root for Dalton anytime he's not playing us. I also really like Josh Allen.

I feel bad for disliking Andy after 10 years but i just believe with any other QB we’d have a playoff win.

I know in his best year he was one of the QBs you never wanted to blitz he just didn’t make plays
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Dalton a class act, i was able to meet him a few times out of football and was at the helm of 5 straight playoffs

Herbert- liked him in college and not surprised at level of play he has given Chargers since drafted

Geno Smith- going on 10 years in the league and is real underdog fighter at QB
Reply/Quote
I liked Drew Brees, guy could just play football!
Always liked Stafford, guy never got a break in Detroit.
Reply/Quote
As much as he's disliked now, Aaron Rodgers. He's the best pure passer I've seen. The rival Mahomes is very fun to watch, Ryan Fitzpatrick was always fun to watch with his dgaf I'll throw it deep attitude.
Reply/Quote
Decades ago my younger fandom stuff would rattle off names like Elway, Cunningham, Moon, or Marino that eventually transitioned to liking a P. Manning or Brees type QB but today I so desperately want the Bengals and Burrow to win the Super Bowl I officially have no other fav QBs. I want them to all suffer defeat at the hands of Burrow.

I guess I have to go with Browning and Siemian since they are on the Bengals roster. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course, I'll root for Dalton anytime he's not playing us. I also really like Josh Allen.

Yeah, of course I will always root for Dalton, love the guy. He did his best for us and is a great man on and off the field.

Also always liked Drew Brees as others have said who was also Burrow's favorite QB.
Reply/Quote
Dalton and Geno are two of my current guys. I definitely like Geno a lot more after his recent success. Was not expecting that out of him after all this time, but it’s a great story. I also had no idea how smart he was until he started getting real attention and national interviews lately. His success and continued improvement year over year is in large part due to his mental makeup. Maybe if I had seen more interviews of his earlier in his career it wouldn’t be such a shocker. For recently retired guys, Brees and P Manning. 90% of the game is half mental, and these guys get it. Probably why I like them, and Burrow too.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know about favorite, but my least favorite:

Kyler Murray, deer in the headlights. Reminds me of a more athletic prime time Andy dalton. Paid as a top end QB, always has a deer in the headlight look and doesn’t put in the work. He should be light years ahead of this conversation, yet his lack of grit and desire to be great will likely lead to a much shorter (no pun intended on his height) NFL career.

I used to like Alex smith and also pull for Jared Goff. They remind me of a slightly better Andy dalton, who I obviously rooted for. Although it’s been done before, it’s hard to win a championship without an elite nfl qb.

I also like watching Rodgers and mahomes (not when playing bengals). Rodgers was the first, in my opinion, to do the off balance and unscripted stuff with high degree of accuracy. Then mahomes came along. It breaks football fundamentals, and gets most QBs in a lot of trouble.
Reply/Quote
I was also a bit of a Brees and P. Manning fan. Like 6 or 7 years ago I was a Rodgers fan as well, not anymore.

Now I can't help but to root for J. Fields to do well, not sure that's gonna happen? And I hope to see R. Wilson get it back together, always liked him.
Reply/Quote
Trevor Lawrence. I legit think that kid has the potential to end up better than everyone.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote