Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Super Bowl Memory
Even if your team never won the big game I'm sure you have a good memory about SOMETHING from game.

Too many to pick from for me...I'll be honest that at 46 I know I watched all of the Steelers games but the first one I have a clear memory of is Super XIV over the Rams and thinking at half time that they even thought the Steelers were behind they couldn't lose because they never lose Super Bowls!  Cool

But the tops for me was not a play but after the Seahawks game I called my dad and we talked about how THIS win was for kids my age...it wasn't "one for the thumb" it was something new.  

Play wise it would be Harrison's pick 6 against the Cardinals.  I jumped off of the bar stool at my brother in law's house and was cheering when my wife's sister, in her joy of the play, decided it would be a good idea to jump on my back without me knowing!  Luckily I caught myself before I went face-first into the carpet!  Then came the long wait to see if the play would stand after review.....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I liked Bam Morris getting stopped on 4th and short back in 95.

I've never had much to root for in Super Bowls, obviously.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 12:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: I jumped off of the bar stool at my brother in law's house and was cheering when my wife's sister, in her joy of the play, decided it would be a good idea to jump on my back without me knowing!  Luckily I caught myself before I went face-first into the carpet!

Face-first into your wife's sister's carpet? Now, that would be a good SB memory ThumbsUp

Never was a Giants' fan, but the ex and I were at a '91 SB party thrown by a coworker. As the game progressed a lot of side-bets were being made. Five bucks here, ten bucks there. When Norwood went wide-right on that kick, the place went crazy. Largest SB party I've ever been to and a lot of fun considering it was two teams I could take or leave.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 01:08 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I liked Bam Morris getting stopped on 4th and short back in 95.

I've never had much to root for in Super Bowls, obviously.

There had to be something that you cheered for or a good memory even if the Bengals lost.

When the Steelers lost to the Cowboys in 95 I still got a certain thrill out of Rod Woodson coming back to play and showing Irving his knee was fine and he was ready to go.

[Image: yroov.gif]

Sadly Irving was probably too high to notice or understand.   Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 01:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Face-first into your wife's sister's carpet?  Now, that would be a good SB  memory ThumbsUp

Never was a Giants' fan, but the ex and I were at a '91 SB party thrown by a coworker.  As the game progressed a lot of side-bets were being made.  Five bucks here, ten bucks there.  When Norwood went wide-right on that kick, the place went crazy.   Largest SB party I've ever been to and a lot of fun considering it was two teams I could take or leave.

We were seniors in college and my roommate, who knew almost nothing about the NFL and really didn't care decided he had to root for the Giants because I wanted to see Jim Kelly win a Super Bowl.

Never lived that one down!  

He's a jerk.

Smirk
Reply/Quote
Those few moments after Stanford Jennings' kickoff return when I briefly thought we had a chance to win one of those things.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: There had to be something that you cheered for or a good memory even if the Bengals lost.

When the Steelers lost to the Cowboys in 95 I still got a certain thrill out of Rod Woodson coming back to play and showing Irving his knee was fine and he was ready to go.

[Image: yroov.gif]

Sadly Irving was probably too high to notice or understand.   Sad

Was that the year Woodson got injured in (I think) week one when Barry Sanders did Barry Sanders things?

I was 5 in '88 and my Dad was at the Super Bowl in Miami and we were all down there. I guess for me it has to be a 5 year old me thinking the all white uniformed Bengals running out of a giant inflatable Bengals helmet for introductions was really cool. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 02:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Was that the year Woodson got injured in (I think) week one when Barry Sanders did Barry Sanders things?

I was 5 in '88 and my Dad was at the Super Bowl in Miami and we were all down there. I guess for me it has to be a 5 year old me thinking the all white uniformed Bengals running out of a giant inflatable Bengals helmet for introductions was really cool. 

He got hurt early in the season but I don't remember what happened.  I'll have to look it up.

If this is the play then you are correct:

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 02:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: He got hurt early in the season but I don't remember what happened.  I'll have to look it up.

If this is the play then you are correct:

That is the play I was thinking of. 
Reply/Quote
The only Super Bowl Sunday where I was actually pleased with the result, as opposed to being furious or indifferent, was in 95 when the Steelers lost. That's it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Awesome low-key troll thread!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The only Super Bowl Sunday where I was actually pleased with the result, as opposed to being furious or indifferent, was in 95 when the Steelers lost. That's it.

So, when the 18-0 Pats and their obnoxoius fans were convinced they had a 19-0 season wrapped up and the SB was just a formality to their coronation, you took no joy whatsoever from watching Eli and the Giants smack them down? C'mon, man, I aint buying that. Who, outside of Pats fans, didn't enjoy watching that?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Awesome low-key troll thread!

Nah...if I wanted to troll it up this would be in smack talk and I would have talked about favorite moments from a win.

I'm just making conversation on a Super Bowl Sunday when neither of our teams are in the big game.

(02-07-2016, 04:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, when the 18-0 Pats and their obnoxoius fans were convinced they had a 19-0 season wrapped up and the SB was just a formality to their coronation, you took no joy whatsoever from watching Eli and the Giants smack them down?  C'mon, man, I aint buying that.  Who, outside of Pats fans, didn't enjoy watching that?

Oh yeah!

There was a nice run there for me personally for a while:

Steelers win.
Colts win and Manning gets his first and shakes his "playoff loser" title.
Pats lose.
Steelers win.
Saints win...always my second favorite team.

Those were fun games to watch.
Reply/Quote
I was at Super Bowl XLI in Miami. The Colts beat the Bears in a torrential downpour. We were soaked, but saw Peyton win his first Super Bowl. Now, I want him to win the second tonight.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: Those few moments after Stanford Jennings' kickoff return when I briefly thought we had a chance to win one of those things.

x2
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: Those few moments after Stanford Jennings' kickoff return when I briefly thought we had a chance to win one of those things.

I can still remember that call from dick enberg.  

Stanford Jennings, Stanford Jennings is going all the way unless Sydney can. Catch him..... He can't .... Touchdown Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
That time the Denver D kicked Cam Newton's ass ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The consumed drink and food !

But when Tennessee fell just one yard short of overtime against the Rams was a great game.

Did not really dislike either team and just enjoyed it with Dad at the West Carrolton VFW post.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Although they didn't win, but watching my bengals participate in 2
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The consumed drink and food !

But when Tennessee fell just one yard short of overtime against the Rams was a great game.

Did not really dislike either team and just enjoyed it with Dad at the West Carrolton VFW post.

I thoroughly enjoyed that too as I am NO fan of Jeff fisher and never have been.
Reply/Quote