Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite horror movies
(08-29-2020, 11:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Thing (my personal favorite)

Alien

Evil Dead Remake - I thought they did a surprisingly good job with this movie. I am a fan of the originals and expected a similar product with the remake but it is a straight up horror movie.

Us

It - Remake

Hereditary

I seem to be in the minority when it comes to the It remake. I thought part one was decent, especially the acting by the kids, but I didn’t care for part 2 one bit.

Tbf though part 2 was much weaker in the original TV movie as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 02:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seem to be in the minority when it comes to the It remake. I thought part one was decent, especially the acting by the kids, but I didn’t care for part 2 one bit.

Tbf though part 2 was much weaker in the original TV movie as well.

Part two was interesting but just so, so long. It had good moments and some comedic relief that I enjoyed (when they open the door and the little dog is there). I enjoyed part one more than two, certainly.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 11:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Thing (my personal favorite)

Alien

Evil Dead Remake - I thought they did a surprisingly good job with this movie. I am a fan of the originals and expected a similar product with the remake but it is a straight up horror movie.

Us

It - Remake

Hereditary

If I voted for the scariest book I ever read It would be the winner. I read It while I was deployed for Desert Storm. I was in the compound walking one night and heard a noise outside the wire. I got scared and ran into the nearest tent because I thought it was that damn clown. Didn't even occur to me that it could be enemy movement
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It took me multiple attempts to get through The Omen, as it scared the bejesus out of me...
Reply/Quote
Two more that were creeping me out are

Paranormal Activity- I still can’t watch that one alone at night.

Blair Witch
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I don't know if it would scare me as bad today, but "The Hills Have Eyes" gave me nightmares for a week when I was a teenager.

I think they re-made it a few years ago, but I am talking about the original form the '70's.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So we’ve done comedies and westerns, but with Fall right around the corner it seems we should have a horror thread as well. So what are everyone’s favorites?

Some of mine...

The Shining
The Thing
Night of The Living Dead
Rosemary’s Baby
Suspiria
American Psycho

A few good “recent” ones...

Hereditary
The Witch
It Follows

The Netflix series The Haunting of Hill House was very good as far as series goes.

The Lost Boys with Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patrick, Jami Gertz, and the Corey's sure is a great one IMO.

Also really like the new IT and the first Conjuring...
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Lost Boys with Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patrick, Jami Gertz, and the Corey's sure is a great one IMO.

Also really like the new IT and the first Conjuring...

We can no longer be friends
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We can no longer be friends

What is the second one terrible or something? Haven't seen that one yet.

Just scrolled up and saw what you said, that must of been the old version, that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

Hated clowns ever since lol
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 08:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is the second one terrible or something? Haven't seen that one yet.

Just scrolled up and saw what you said, that must of been the old version, that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

Hated clowns ever since lol

It's not a horrible movie. I thought it was a little long. And the movie really relies on just rehashing a jump scare over and over. 
Reply/Quote
Debbie does Dallas.

Edit: Oh? I thought you said ***** movies. Nevermind.

Reply/Quote
Draft Day. It means the Browns finally got good.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Debbie does Dallas.

Edit: Oh? I thought you said ***** movies. Nevermind.

(09-14-2020, 10:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Draft Day.  It means the Browns finally got good.

Hilarious

This is why you guys are two of my fave posters lol  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 04:45 PM)Benton Wrote: It's not a horrible movie. I thought it was a little long. And the movie really relies on just rehashing a jump scare over and over. 

Ahhhhh, thanks Benton. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote