Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite movies/series/shows that takes you back in time
Whats your favorite movies, shows, or series that takes you back to your childhood, teens, 20s, etc.? Can be a movie from back then, or a movie made later showing that era.

A series for me would be Stranger Things. Outside of the main story, the setting it takes place in takes me back to my childhood days in the 80s. The clothes, furniture, cars, walkie talkies, etc.  Riding around the neighborhood on bikes, and parents didnt care like they do today. Oh I miss that time.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Walker texas ranger takes me back to the 90s.
Reply/Quote
Ironically, Seinfeld and Friends.

And, otherwise, Star Wars and Planet of the Apes.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Vision Quest.

It takes place about the same time I was in HS and I was a wrestler who always had to cut weight.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like a lot of the older series. Been watching some of the Columbo ones lately.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 04:05 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I like a lot of the older series.  Been watching some of the Columbo ones lately.

Oh, the NBC Mystery Movie was  highlight of the week in the bfine household. Columbo and McCloud where enjoyed; however, we were saddened when the movie was McMillen and Wife. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Recorded the Original Star Trek on BBC a couple months ago. Hadn't seen many of them in years. Takes me right back to the good ole days.
Reply/Quote
The Sandlot
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Childhood - Jurassic Park movies

Teen Thru now - ALIENS
Reply/Quote
Back to the Future. Really takes me back in time. Sometimes forward.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Happy Days takes me back. Also Coach. And yes I know they aren't movies.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Not that I've seen a lot of it recently... but In Living Color, and old 90s SNL does it for me.

Seeing all of those young comedians just getting their start really takes me back.

Any John Hughes movie as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Never Ending Story and The Goonies always take me back to childhood.
Reply/Quote
Bogdonavich's The Last Picture Show.

Reminds of childhood in the 50s and visiting Texas every summer.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 04:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Happy Days takes me back.  Also Coach.  And yes I know they aren't movies.

M-O-O-N that spells Dauber
Reply/Quote