Chase Brown
Andrei Iosivas
Brad Robbins
DJ Ivey
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite pick?
Probably one of their girlfriends if I had to guess.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 01:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I like Iosivas. He has the most upside I think
Of any draft pick. He really put together
On a big time frame. He can come in and not feel
Pressured right away be a instant contributor
In the WR room.
Outside of Tee the Bengals don't have that big
Framed WR that can simply run past the CB.
Heck they don't have that in the TE room.
He has alot you can't simply coach up.
Would not be surprised if he was showcased in
The red zone this year

You can tell that the coaching staff is really excited about this guy.He scored really high on the skills testing,and has incredible potential.He didn’t play in an NFL type offense.I think he came from an Ivy League school.He has everything you want to see in a WR,but he has a lot to learn in transitioning to the NFL.

Jones,on the other hand is NFL ready.Although I believe Iosivas will pick it up pretty fast.He’s smart.

With this draft board we have in front of us,it’s going to make training camp super exciting.
Reply/Quote
I'll say Chase Brown as well. I believe this young man is hungry.

#2 Iosivas
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 04:43 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: You can tell that the coaching staff is really excited about this guy.He scored really high on the skills testing,and has incredible potential.He didn’t play in an NFL type offense.I think he came from an Ivy League school.He has everything you want to see in a WR,but he has a lot to learn in transitioning to the NFL.

Jones,on the other hand is NFL ready.Although I believe Iosivas will pick it up pretty fast.He’s smart.

With this draft board we have in front of us,it’s going to make training camp super exciting.

Yes, Princeton is Ivy League.

I'm more excited about him as a late round draft pick than I have been for guys picked in rounds 6 or 7 in recent years.
Reply/Quote
I have co-favorites -- even though I like them all,, Chuck Sizzle and Jordan Battle.

Jones will add an element of speed, quickness and versatility that Irwin lacked. Instead of just a guy at WR4, he gives them a playmaker,, and Battle in the exact kind of player you'd expect Lou to whip up in a lab, except for maybe a little more speed.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 09:15 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: So who was your favorite pick?  Not necessarily the best pick, your favorite.

I'm gonna go with Jordan Battle.  The player I hated to lose the most was Vonn Bell.  One of the coaches commented that Battle may be our new Vonn.  I'll take that.

My runner-up is Chase Brown.  Everything we need at the position.  You need to watch the video of him receiving the call from Zac if you haven't seen it.

Tough call between Murphy, Turner, Battle and Chase Brown, but I have to go with Chase Brown. I think he fits so well in this Offense
and will really thrive here as long as the blocking keeps improving. He is a good blocker himself and is good at catching the ball out of 
the backfield and has good quicks and speed. He also has great balance and vision, something Mixon is severely lacking in.

We will see out of Murphy and Brown who gets the most snaps this year, both should make a positive impact as rookies.
Reply/Quote
Myles Murphy will most likely have the biggest and most immediate impact, and therefore, he’s my favorite. There were some underestimated picks in the mid rounds though. I like what I’ve seen from both receivers and the RB, and hopefully they can have a good impact as rookies.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 01:42 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Come on Cards, Denny Crum was never this indecisive.  Make a choice.

Alright then, going with the guy who will have QB's clamoring that what can go wrong, will go wrong. 

Murphy's Law !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I went with Myles. Even though I would have been happy taking Turner in the first round. And Brown was one of the RBs I liked late. We didn't panic, took what fell, and ended up with a guy who has a top 10 type DE profile at the end of the first round. Not something you get a chance to add very often. So I'm glad we took advantage.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 06:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Alright then, going with the guy who will have QB's clamoring that what can go wrong, will go wrong. 

Murphy's Law !

That's more like it!
Reply/Quote
a better punt and we may have been in the SB, lol
Reply/Quote
I went with Iosivas as he reminds me of Marvin Jones.

I like his potential in this offense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Turner with Iosivas being an extremely close second.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
For me, it's Robbins. If he can turn our punting situation around like Mac turned the kicking situation around, teams will find themselves starting drives inside their own 10 more often.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 09:15 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: So who was your favorite pick?  Not necessarily the best pick, your favorite.

I'm gonna go with Jordan Battle.  The player I hated to lose the most was Vonn Bell.  One of the coaches commented that Battle may be our new Vonn.  I'll take that.

My runner-up is Chase Brown.  Everything we need at the position.  You need to watch the video of him receiving the call from Zac if you haven't seen it.

Murphy, a pick of great need and the guy is 6'5" with 4.5 speed on the 40.  That's what elite edge rushers have and can't be coached.  He could cover TE's and RB's in space as well with that speed.  Remember Carlos Dunlop intercepting Burrow last January?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:54 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Turner with Iosivas being an extremely close second.

I as torn between those two as well, but went with Iosivas, then Turner.
Reply/Quote
Punter. He'll be a difference maker.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I went with Charlie Jones, aka Chuck Sizzle.

When I look back at what prevented the Bengals from winning in KC, and ultimately, The Super Bowl, I narrowed it down to three things:

1.) Pass rush. It was almost nonexistent with Hendrickson battling injuries and BJ Hill worn down from a lack of rotation throughout the season. Ossai was the team's best pass rusher by a large margin that game. They need another Ossai. A better Ossai. Enter Myles Murphy. Rotation at the DE position should be in store for both Hubbard and Hendrickson. I can also see scenarios where they have Hendrickson, Ossai, Murphy, and Hubbard all on the field as a NASCAR package. That is why Murphy would be my #2 favorite.

2.) Pass protection. I remember reading that Mahomes had something like 1.6 seconds longer than Burrow to get rid of the ball. Give Burrow that kind of time, and he will pick any team apart. The signing of Orlando Brown is the single greatest move the Bengals have done to improve the team.

3.) Chase and Higgins are doubled: No Answer. Boyd was off to a great start, but got injured. Jones can not only uncover quickly, but he has the versatility to allow Chase to rotate to the slot for a free release and Jones can still be a vertical threat. He is smart, reliable, and tough as nails. He may be WR#4, but he will have a much bigger impact on this offense, and potentially special teams, than most imagine. It may seem odd when we have Higgins and Chase to pick a WR as the favorite pick, but without a stellar TE or RB out of the backfield (maybe Brown can be that guy?), WR#4 and quality depth in the WR room is critical.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 04:22 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Chase Brown.This guy is special,and they landed him with a fifth round pick.When this Offense gets the ground game going,they are hard to stop.

Yep. Guy can be a multi year starter. I've been watching him run thru people, by people and around people for two years. Tremendous vision and patience and then explodes. Workaholic as well.
Reply/Quote
Favorite? Jones. Iosivas 2nd.

Our WE depth was poor. Irwin is OK, but isn't a threat. Taylor & Morgan are good special teams players & Morgan a good blocked. But they give you next to nada in the passing game. We suffered a ton when Boyd went down.

Jones is an immediate upgrade on Taylor. Led nation in receptions with 110 and had the lowest drop percentage of any drafted wideout (I believe). He is a polished route runner/zone buster who had big games vs Porter & Turner in the Big Ten. 12 for 153 & 1 TD vs PSU & 11 for 162 vs Michigan. Not as great vs Witherspoon & Illinois (4 for 66 and 1 TD). He also was a valuable kick return guy (more at Iowa) and Kiper rated the #2 return guy in the draft. He has 2 career return TDs (one punt, one KO). He posted a RAS score of 8.54 with great speed & agility scores and good explosion. The main knock being his size (hence a slot guy).

He should help year 1, though as a backup. He walks into WR4. He played outside & in the slot. Our 4 wide sets just got scarier, especially vs zone. He coukd struggle sime vs elite size/press coverage, but he won't see that much because he is WR4 and Chase is here.

Iosivas is more of a project, but has ELITE athleticism on day 1. 9.96 RAS with elite speed & explosion & great size & agility. Also a track guy. Heptathlete. 4th in USA in heptathlon and ran the fast 60 meters in heptathlon history. Has room to grow in football as time was split with track, not a football lifer. Team captain at Princeton. Hard worker, gotta be smart at Princeton.

There is some development that needs to happen, for sure. Not as physical or as good a blocker as Morgan. And Irwin is probably a more polished route runner. But I just think Iosivas is a shoe-in to make the team. He is the best deep speed/athlete in the WR room save for Chase. Smart. Hard working. Princeton IQ. No way I risk cutting him and exposing him to a waiver claim to keep Irwin or Morgan, both UDFA's. Irwin did not make the initial 53 last year or the year before & no one picked him up. Morgan did not in 2020.

Best pick? Turner or Murphy.
Reply/Quote