Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite radio station in Cincinnati?
When I was down there I really tuned into that 100.7 the project and that 90s old school 100.3. Also the rock channel on 96.5 is a good station as well. How bout you guys?
Reply/Quote
I listen to 98.5 up here in Cleveland usually.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'll listen to 700 WLW when sports talk or a game is on.  It actually comes in clearly until you get outside of Indy going North-West, so I listen to it regularly.  My favorite Cincy radio station is gone, though: 97X, WOXY. Probably the best radio station of all time.  It (and its messageboard, R.I.P.) were one of the biggest influence on my life.
Reply/Quote
I used to have Sirius radio, but they raised the price so I canceled.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 05:28 AM)magikod Wrote: I listen to 98.5 up here in Cleveland usually.

That's what I dial in when I go up to see the in-laws.

92.5 here in Cincy for music.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
105.9 is about the best of them, and at times, I can't stand it... What is it? Two corporations that own every mainstream radio station in the country? They are all the same formula.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
WLW 700 talk and sports

1530 and 1360 sports

For music... 96.5, 102.7, and 104.7 (out of Dayton)
Reply/Quote
WKRP?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:34 PM)Interceptor Wrote: WKRP?

Yes!
Reply/Quote
Back when I was running things in Cincy; WEBN was the one. You were nobody unless you had a WEBN T-Shirt.

They used to also do a little piece called the Springer Memorandum.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Since I got Sirus back in '09, I can't listen to music on terrestrial radio. Every time I tried I'd jump into a string of commercials. No thanks. I listen to WLW for the Bengals shows (when they're not interrupted for the Reds' annual late-season death-throes) and for Sunday sports talk in-season. Like hearing Ken Broo every Sunday.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Back when I was running things in Cincy; WEBN was the one. You were nobody unless you had a WEBN T-Shirt.

They used to also do a little piece called the Springer Memorandum.

Yep, modern radio pretty much sucks, by and large. Once upon a time, I was a Mass Comm major, primarily due to my love of radio in my youth. I did graduate with that B.S. in Mass Comm, and I did work in radio for a short period of time. But, I have to tell everyone, the corporate powers that be, that own the vast majority of stations in America, have literally sucked all the fun out of what should have been a fun and rewarding job..

Unless you are a popular personality, in a metro market, the only money in radio is in Sales or Station Management, and even then you're only a bland, corporate schlep.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
96.5 'new rock' .... 'not your father's RnR station' ( a jab @ 102.7, I've deduced ), has become an exact clone of that station ( 102.7 ). So much so that it will soon be deleted from my presets, just like 102.7 has been for years now. I just can't find a better option to fill its spot. 104.7 outta Dayton is no better and has been banished just the same, except for 'Breakfast with The Beatles' on Sunday morning. The best local station is definitely 105.9 but it's hit or miss. For these reasons and commercial overkill, I've subscribed to Sirius. I will not go back. Soon, I hope to install a receiver that has Pandora. Then all bets are off and free radio will never be heard from my speakers again. Never.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Kid Rock will be opening for The Stones in Columbus. That's all one needs to know about pop music.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
My top stations used to be:

96.5 for rock
98.5 and 94.1 for mix
700 wlw and 1530 homer (both AM) for sports

I really miss back when 97.3 was a good alt rock station. Channel Z.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 07:12 AM)Donnyho Wrote: I'll listen to 700 WLW when sports talk or a game is on.  It actually comes in clearly until you get outside of Indy going North-West, so I listen to it regularly.  My favorite Cincy radio station is gone, though: 97X, WOXY. Probably the best radio station of all time.  It (and its messageboard, R.I.P.) were one of the biggest influence on my life.

With a decent receiver I can usually tune in to 700 WLW way up here in the middle of Michigan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There is only one radio station and we call it WLW. You can maybe even find it where you live because the signal is massively strong. I've listened to Reds games pretty far away before. Just tune your dial to AM700 and enjoy.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Been listening to 1530 pretty much all day long for a couple years now.

Recently went back to listening to FM for a bit here and there and found out that 96.5 and webn both suck balls now. What the hell is a kid chris and how does he have a radio show??

Anyway...for music, i listen to spotify or pandora.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote