Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite time of year and least favorite
I love the time of year from May through end of October. November through February is my least favorite but also dislike March a lot too as winter just doesn't want to end here. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. How bout you guys?
Reply/Quote
I hate, and I mean despise summer. I love fall and winter.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 10:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I hate, and I mean despise summer.  I love fall and winter.

I wish we had 5 or 6 months of summer. Instead we only get 3 to 3 and a half months of it.
Reply/Quote
I'm with you packer. I'm good from the first buds until the last leaves fall. I hate the short days, and feel oddly depressed after the summer solstice because I know days are shortening. But I get a little excited after the winter solstice because I know they are lengthening.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Its funny, I use to HATE winter and fall but as I get older I seem to like it more and more. The summer heat has really been bothering me and I just feel like I have no time for myself. In winter I feel like I have more free time, have more of a schedule, and have grown to love the holidays.

Both seasons have their plus and minuses.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I dislike Jan, Feb and March here....its nasty cold on some days. I could definitely do without it.
Reply/Quote
I love fall.  Late September through November.  Cooler air, longer nights.

I dislike July/August.  Too humid.

Lately, as I get older and my kids start driving, I really dislike winter.  Just the snow.  Cold doesn't bother me at all but I worry more about driving in the snow more than I ever did before.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
For me my favorite time of year is a tie between autumn and spring. That first week when it starts to get warm with flowers blooming and the green coming back, with low humidity and cool nights is hard to beat. Its like life is back again in the world after a typical dreary winter. But at the same time I love the fall when leaves are changing, cooler nights again, less humidity, sports are in full swing between football and football (soccer), and Halloween.

January thru March/April is my least favorite time of year due to dreary brown southern Ohio weather. Only thing that brightens it up is a rare heavy snowfall with a fire going in the fireplace.

Favorite holiday is Christmas Eve & Day. Memorial Day weekend might be my second favorite because it unofficially kicks off summertime.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Summer / Winter.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 10:26 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I love the time of year from May through end of October. November through February is my least favorite but also dislike March a lot too as winter just doesn't want to end here. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. How bout you guys?

How can any time of year with no football be your favorite lol...

I like the Fall its the best time of year.
Football
Cooler temps but still nice enough to go outside.
Video game releases.
South park..

lol..

I like winter and summer.  But both have days where you just cant enjoy the outdoors.
Reply/Quote
My favorite is definitely fall.  mid September thru the first of Nov. Cooler temps, beautiful colors, football, harvest, Halloween....how does not get any better?  
Followed by spring, the end of march to the middle of may.  coming out of winter, warming temps, planting season, flowers in bloom, NFL draft, etc.   
then give me the dawg days of summer, too effing hot, no football, boring! 
 followed lastly by the brutal cold days of winter. blah.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Fall and Winter. I want to go somewhere where the record high temps are below 100 (maybe even 95 or 90).
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 04:20 PM)treee Wrote: Fall and Winter. I want to go somewhere where the record high temps are below 100 (maybe even 95 or 90).

I hear ya'!  If it's over 60, it's hot for me.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2017, 10:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I hate, and I mean despise summer.  I love fall and winter.

This, a thousand times, this.  Summer sucks.  Wish we could just skip May through September and get to the good stuff: football hockey, fires in the fireplace, snow.  Well, we used to have snow.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 04:20 PM)treee Wrote: Fall and Winter. I want to go somewhere where the record high temps are below 100 (maybe even 95 or 90).

Come to Wisconsin lol. 
Reply/Quote
I've learned to like them all. Fall is the best for me due to football and Halloween season plus mild weather, but I'm ready for the transitions when they come along. The only one I get anxious to get past is the holiday part of winter. It's stressful as hell and there's just an excessive amount of traveling for me.
Reply/Quote
The best time of the year is September through early December.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Pretty much with Packerbacker on this one, I look hard in the Spring for warm weather to start, and find it depressing when it's gone. ( I can't begin to imagine being in Wisconsin ) I love the long days of Summer, and hate it when they're gone. If it wasn't for football, I'd hate the late Fall and Winter even worse! I think the absolute worst is the time between the Super Bowl and March Madness, there is Nascar as well, but for me the Kentucky Derby signals the real start of the seasons I looked forward to all the long Winter, and though I'm older; the heat does not bother me. The cold, however; does, and it seems to get a little worse every year.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 04:48 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Pretty much with Packerbacker on this one, I look hard in the Spring for warm weather to start, and find it depressing when it's gone. ( I can't begin to imagine being in Wisconsin ) I love the long days of Summer, and hate it when they're gone. If it wasn't for football, I'd hate the late Fall and Winter even worse! I think the absolute worst is the time between the Super Bowl and March Madness, there is Nascar  as well, but for me the Kentucky Derby signals the real start of the seasons I looked forward to all the long Winter, and though I'm older; the heat does not bother me. The cold, however; does, and it seems to get a little worse every year.

I agree after the Super bowl to well into April I go into a depression lol. Where do you live Rob?
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 04:51 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I agree after the Super bowl to well into April I go into a depression lol. Where do you live Rob?

I'm from Northern KY, but live in Western New York now, though the climate differences aren't as different as one might think. We get snow here, to be sure; but it's not preceded by sleet like it usually was along the Ohio River. The little kid in me still gets a little excited about the very first sign of snow, and of course Christmas, but it goes downhill quickly after that.
Reply/Quote