Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Favre: 'Joe Burrow in a different class'
“A guy like Joe Burrow is certainly in a different class. He’s basically picking up where he left off his last year at LSU. And so is (Ja’Marr) Chase,” Brett Favre said.

“That being said, very impressive against an extremely good football team in Kansas City. They needed to beat Kansas City. And Kansas City jumps out and looks great. I’m thinking this is over before it even started. But Joe – he got on a hot streak, and the rest is history.”

“That’s why [the Bengals] drafted Joe – because of what he did at LSU,” the Hall of Fame quarterback continued. “They expected the same thing. … The front office will say, ‘We expected this right away.’ But I think the fact that it’s happened as quickly as it has – and really the collapse of the rest of the division – has got to be somewhat of a surprise to even the AFC North faithful. I didn’t see it coming."

“But I saw success coming for Joe. I felt like he and Chase would have a good rapport in the pro game much as they did in the college game.”

Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing. Do you have a link to where you read that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:13 PM)wcu Wrote: Thanks for sharing.  Do you have a link to where you read that?

Sorry, forgot the video. It's in the OP now. Joe
Reply/Quote
Ecstatic having Burrow lead the Bengals.

Joe being an Ohio guy is just an added bonus.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Cowherd just opened his show with a pretty damn compelling argument that Burrow is the MVP this year. I'm biased, but I agree.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My 2 favorite non-Bengals to watch in my lifetime: Barry Sanders and Brett Favre.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My 2 favorite non-Bengals to watch in my lifetime: Barry Sanders and Brett Favre.

Oooh, we were close to being the same. The proper choice is Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders.
Reply/Quote
So looking forward to where this team can go, this season and beyond.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So looking forward to where this team can go, this season and beyond.

Totally, especially with Burrow leading the charge as the QB. In his presser this week he spoke about how he's more vocal in practice compared to last year. I enjoyed hearing him talking about it.
Reply/Quote
Imagine if we fix the offensive line and give him time to sit back and deliver the ball to three different good receivers, plus CJ, and plus Mixon keeping defenses honest and being a safety valve!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4715txuw98vonb80oh2p...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:15 PM)jason Wrote: Cowherd just opened his show with a pretty damn compelling argument that Burrow is the MVP this year. I'm biased, but I agree.

What did it boil down to?

I've argued that Burrow has 633 more yards (10 more INTs) on the same amount of attempts. So statistically it's a wash.

Burrow plays in the tougher division and conference. We have a more impressive list of wins, sweeping the Ravens and Steelers, beating the Broncos and Raiders on the road, and of course beating the Chiefs.

The Packers lost to the Chiefs (only scoring 7 points). Their only impressive wins were over the Cardinals, 49ers and sweeping our division.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I always liked Farve :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Oooh, we were close to being the same. The proper choice is Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders.

Tbh, I don't remember Bo very well. I didn't start closely following the NFL until 1993. I remember him more for Tecmo Bowl and commercials. LOL

We'll never see another like Barry. That dude could move like no other human I've seen.

Favre's joy and love for the game was infectious. He had one of the best arms I've seen, and that game he played after his dad died was one of the best games I've watched.
Reply/Quote
Burrow's finish to the regular season:

4 games
134.9 passer rating
75.9 completion %
11 Td's - 0 Int's
369 yards per game
10.5 yards per attempt

That's after injuring the pinky. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Burrow's finish to the regular season:

4 games
134.9 passer rating
75.9 completion %
11 Td's - 0 Int's
369 yards per game
10.5 yards per attempt

That's after injuring the pinky. Mellow

This number impresses me since he was mixing in deep balls.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What did it boil down to?

I've argued that Burrow has 633 more yards (10 more INTs) on the same amount of attempts. So statistically it's a wash.

Burrow plays in the tougher division and conference. We have a more impressive list of wins, sweeping the Ravens and Steelers, beating the Broncos and Raiders on the road, and of course beating the Chiefs.

The Packers lost to the Chiefs (only scoring 7 points). Their only impressive wins were over the Cardinals, 49ers and sweeping our division.

Burrow has less help, traditionally bad organization, we're not sure if Zac can coach, more long completions (by a lot), just torched the hottest defense in the league, actually showed up for the game against the Chiefs... The tougher division argument.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My 2 favorite non-Bengals to watch in my lifetime: Barry Sanders and Brett Favre.

Those two guys, a young Randy Moss, and I loved Marcus Allen as a kid.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 02:15 PM)jason Wrote: Cowherd just opened his show with a pretty damn compelling argument that Burrow is the MVP this year. I'm biased, but I agree.

I’ve said it before, but my biggest reason to want Joe as MVP is it would be hilarious that he’s not in the Pro Bowl.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 06:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’ve said it before, but my biggest reason to want Joe as MVP is it would be hilarious that he’s not in the Pro Bowl.

It would be delightful if he won league MVP and Super Bowl MVP for the winning team in a season where he lost both the MVP & Come Back Player of the Year Award to guys like Rodgers and Dak.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My 2 favorite non-Bengals to watch in my lifetime: Barry Sanders and Brett Favre.

OJS in his pre-murdering days , was special. I can remember as a 9-10 yo kid watching "The Juice" accelerate past defenders. Once he got past a defender, there was no catching him. Dude was as evasive as that white Bronco.
Reply/Quote