Feb 2 Mock
1. Anton Harrison T Okla.
2. Eli Ricks CB Bama
3. Mazi Smith DT Mich
4. Luke Schoonmaker TE Mich
5. Jordan Haselwood WR Ark
6. Laiatu Latu DE UCLA
7. Michael Jefferson WR Louisiana

The first 4 picks speak for themselves. If we landed that haul, we'd all be drunk on enthusiasm. I waited until later to address WR, as we are pretty much guaranteed to have Chase and Higgins on the field together next season, and having 6'6" Schoonmaker out there should add a new dimension to the offense. So, Haselwood and Jefferson are both big bodied receivers with a reputation of making the contested catches. Added Latu in the 6th, because why not? Always worth taking a flyer on a potential pass rusher. Latu is an impressive physical specimen who might have a shot at pushing for a roster spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 04:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 1.  Anton Harrison T  Okla.
2.  Eli Ricks CB  Bama
3.  Mazi Smith DT  Mich
4.  Luke Schoonmaker TE  Mich
5.  Jordan Haselwood WR  Ark
6.  Laiatu Latu DE  UCLA
7.  Michael Jefferson WR Louisiana

The first 4 picks speak for themselves.  If we landed that haul, we'd all be drunk on enthusiasm.  I waited until later to address WR, as we are pretty much guaranteed to have Chase and Higgins on the field together next season, and having 6'6" Schoonmaker out there should add a new dimension to the offense.  So, Haselwood and Jefferson are both big bodied receivers with a reputation of making the contested catches.  Added Latu in the 6th, because why not?  Always worth taking a flyer on a potential pass rusher.  Latu is an impressive physical specimen who might have a shot at pushing for a roster spot.

That's an impressive haul.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 01:27 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's an impressive haul.

Thanks, I had considered double dipping on OL, but my instincts tell me that the team will likely send Collins down the road and pick up another capable veteran to secure the position.  For late round picks, those two receivers could turn one eventual reliable starter.  Big bodied, tough players who make the contested catches.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm a little wary of Anton Harrison. Wide Hands Light Base reminds me of all those plays with Cedric Ogbuehi hugging pass rushers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 02:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a little wary of Anton Harrison. Wide Hands Light Base reminds me of all those plays with Cedric Ogbuehi hugging pass rushers.

I'm always hesitant with guys who are uber smooth and can move but struggle with any kind of power.
Ogbuehi and Adeniji give me PTSD.

Just gimme someone who has proven tape, demonstrates they're not a liability in pass protection, and can move someone off the ball.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote