Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feb Mock
1) Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville
https://youtu.be/9SW-quGxRaM
A very disruptive presence in the middle who could fit wellas a three down player in the middle. We'll have a fall guy and Brandon Thompson
would be my candidate.

2) Adam Kelly C Alabama

If he's available at this point I think it's a no brainer.We need to build the weak link or at least make it a camp battle. So let's pull the trigger on a guy who could develop into something special.

3) Jeremy Cash S Duke
https://youtu.be/XJDff4RlWng
If you haven't had the opportunity to watch this kid play then you've been under a rock. Just a former transfer that has made the most of his abilities and balled out. I envision Reggie leaving us so let's get younger.

4) Leonte Carroo WR Rutgers
https://youtu.be/kY2FFaZJba0
A solid receiver with big-time potential in our offense.He reminds me of Bolden with his gritty toughness and potential.

5) Yannick Ngakoue Edge Maryland
https://youtu.be/NIbE2jCi684
I believe our core is reasonable enough to keep intact.
So wts we get a gem late to rush the passer and suprise .

6) Kaivarae Russell CB Notre Dame
https://youtu.be/B0l3JGQvxLc
A fallen soldier who could find a place on this team after the vets depart.
I thought he was a productive player before the trouble academically so we get a steal.

7) Micheal Thomas WR Southern Mississippi
https://youtu.be/L5hq-x4_5UA
This my not be the one that you envisioned but boy is he more talented!

Reply/Quote
*Ryan* Kelly

Had to do it, went to my high school
Reply/Quote
Don't like this much.

Just my opinion Tongue
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
No offense, but not only would this draft piss me off... but I would have to buy a new TV after watching it. Because the one I currently own would have a remote smashed into the screen.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's not bad to me.

Rankins is moving up. He was dominant in the Senior Bowl drills.

Needs are about right...I'd choose a lb in the 2nd and a center in the 5th. Just swap those two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cash is garbage IMO.
But Rankins and Kelly would be instant upgrades.

It would be hard to see the team investing a 3rd pick in the first 2 rounds on the OL in two years.
Reply/Quote
Not much I dislike about it. The DT and Safety are not personal favorites, but so what
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love the first 2 picks, after that, eh.

But i would be happy simply cause of the first 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 11:47 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: No offense, but not only would this draft piss me off... but I would have to buy a new TV after watching it. Because the one I currently own would have a remote smashed into the screen.

Why would it piss you off .
Reply/Quote
Emeritus Wrote:Why would it piss you off .

1) Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville

Great player, worthy of a 1st round pick, just don't think he is the right fit for us.  We need more of a run stuffing DT to replace Peko.  Rankins is decent against the run, but not what we need.

2) Adam Kelly C Alabama
I am the rare person that hates Kelly as a prospect.  I do not think he is the type of player that can anchor an Oline in the NFL.  Does not play with the mean streak needed in the AFC North.  I know a lot of experts have Kelly in the 2nd or 3rd, but I think he is a reach.  You could get a guy like Boehm or Friend later in the draft and get similar if not better results.  I would likely go WR in 2.

3) Jeremy Cash S Duke
Cash does not have the coverage skills needed to excel in the NFL. He is a great blitzer and plays the run very well, but I have not seen him play enough deep zone to feel comfortable taking him.  if he is the pick in the third I wouldn't hate it necessarily... but I think there is more value at other positions.

4) Leonte Carroo WR Rutgers
I don't care for Carroo either... if you are going to wait this late for a WR you may has well wait a little longer and get a guy like Mike Thomas or Cayleb Jones

5) Yannick Ngakoue Edge Maryland
I love taking a pass rusher here, and this isn't a terrible picl... but Ngakoue seems one dimensional to me.  his pass rushing arsenal is underdeveloped and he doesn't show the upside I like to see in a rusher.  Then again, I also liked the prospect of Margus Hunt... so we all swing and miss from time to time.

6) Kaivarae Russell CB Notre Dame
Love this pick, no complaints here...

7) Micheal Thomas WR Southern Mississippi
Same here...

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
How is Rankins not what we need?
That makes no sense. He could play any spot on the DL.
The focus should be getting good players, not limiting ourselves to any one type.
Reply/Quote
RoyleRedlegs Wrote:How is Rankins not what we need?
That makes no sense. He could play any spot on the DL.
The focus should be getting good players, not limiting ourselves to any one type.

Because we NEED a guy that can anchor the Dline and stuff the run. Despite what the stats show, our run defense was very mediocre last season... The only reason the numbers don't show that is because a lot of teams were throwing the ball around because we were winning by large margins.  Rankins is a great talent, but a guy like Clark or Billings would fit both the BPA mold and also a huge team need.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 01:20 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Because we NEED a guy that can anchor the Dline and stuff the run. Despite what the stats show, our run defense was very mediocre last season... The only reason the numbers don't show that is because a lot of teams were throwing the ball around because we were winning by large margins.  Rankins is a great talent, but a guy like Clark or Billings would fit both the BPA mold and also a huge team need.

Rankins is very good against the run. I have no idea where you got the idea he wasn't. Just because he isn't one dimensional and is a very good athlete doesn't mean he isn't a great run defender too.
Reply/Quote
RoyleRedlegs Wrote:Rankins is very good against the run. I have no idea where you got the idea he wasn't. Just because he isn't one dimensional and is a very good athlete doesn't mean he isn't a great run defender too.

Watch film.... he struggles against bigger interior blockers (almost gets controlled at times).  The only time he excels in run defense is when he beats the Oline off of the snap..

his lack of stout size limits his ability to absorb blocks and fill gaps.

this is only one play, but you see it frequently in film.

Rankins vs. A&M

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 01:33 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Watch film.... he struggles against bigger interior blockers (almost gets controlled at times).  The only time he excels in run defense is when he beats the Oline off of the snap..

his lack of stout size limits his ability to absorb blocks and fill gaps.

this is only one play, but you see it frequently in film.

Rankins vs. A&M

Disagree completely.

With everything you just said
Reply/Quote
RoyleRedlegs Wrote:Disagree completely.

With everything you just said

That's fair, you are entitled to your opinion. If we want a guy like Rankins, one can be had in FA for the right price.  Fairley is available... he is the same player... and that's not a bad thing.  I like Rankins, I just feel like that mold of player can be had in later rounds (Chris Jones) or in FA with Fairley.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 01:41 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: That's fair, you are entitled to your opinion. If we want a guy like Rankins, one can be had in FA for the right price.  Fairley is available... he is the same player... and that's not a bad thing.  I like Rankins, I just feel like that mold of player can be had in later rounds (Chris Jones) or in FA with Fairley.

I think you have things backwards.

Pass rushers are going up.

If you want a pure run stopping DT who will play at most, 50% of the snaps, you take them later in the draft. 

Fairley is not the same player as Rankins. Rankins is a better athlete and has more range. 
Reply/Quote
RoyleRedlegs Wrote:I think you have things backwards.

Pass rushers are going up.

If you want a pure run stopping DT who will play at most, 50% of the snaps, you take them later in the draft. 

Fairley is not the same player as Rankins. Rankins is a better athlete and has more range. 

Pass Rushers are going up, I don't disagree with you, but I don't think that pass rusher is a viable need for this team.  At least not in the first.  that is all I am saying.  Give me a guy like Clark that has a stronger game against the run (with some pass rush ability) over a guy like Rankins any day (for this team).  Our roster is calling for run stopper, Rankins doesn't give us that. with that said, if we go with another position in the first, and Rankins is there in the second I would jump all over him.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
I'll put it this way, how has our pass rush been so easily nullified in the post-season?
Teams force us into base then pass on us. They want us to keep Peko in and MJ at DE. They want to almost completely take away half our DL for pass rush.
The pass rush is completely dependent on Geno and Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 02:33 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Pass Rushers are going up, I don't disagree with you, but I don't think that pass rusher is a viable need for this team.  At least not in the first.  that is all I am saying.  Give me a guy like Clark that has a stronger game against the run (with some pass rush ability) over a guy like Rankins any day (for this team).  Our roster is calling for run stopper, Rankins doesn't give us that.  with that said, if we go with another position in the first, and Rankins is there in the second I would jump all over him.

How is it not?
The entire pass rush is two guys. That is unsustainable.

And my closing arguments:

Quote:COMPARES TO: Domata Peko, DT, Cincinnati Bengals - Similar to Peko, Clark is a power-packed run defender who should be a quality nose tackle for a long time, initially as a two-down defender with potential to be more.
Reply/Quote