Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feb Mock
(02-16-2016, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: History has not shown that at all.

Yes it has. Look at Wade Phillips last 3 coaching jobs. 

He has always valued smaller athletic defensive lines in those jobs. He understands how the game has changed. 

He basically ran the same defense his time in Houston as he did in Denver. 
And it was a damn good defense. NT plays 50% or fewer of the snaps. Focus is on the athletic rushers. 
Look at his drafts in Houston.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 05:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes it has. Look at Wade Phillips last 3 coaching jobs. 

He has always valued smaller athletic defensive lines in those jobs. He understands how the game has changed. 

He basically ran the same defense his time in Houston as he did in Denver. 
And it was a damn good defense. NT plays 50% or fewer of the snaps. Focus is on the athletic rushers. 
Look at his drafts in Houston.

Look at how many Super Bowls he won with Houston.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 05:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: At minimum. Yes. 
Best guess for me is, 10% is roughly 106 snaps based on our defense last year.
Reggie Nelson played 1056 snaps at 97%.

10% of that would be 105.6

This includes playoffs, so 1056/17 gives you roughly 62 snaps a game. 

That over one and a half games worth of snaps difference fred.

So you tell me, is that a big enough difference over the course of a season or not

I don't see a huge difference in 6 or 7 snaps a game.  I'd use a first round pick on either if it meant getting an elite player.  Every player counts.  Don't know how you can act like a guy that plays half the snaps doesn't matter.

And if you don't have a NT to help stop the run your pass defense suffers also.  It is much easier to defend a 3rd-and-7 than a third-and-3.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Look at how many Super Bowls he won with Houston.

He was the defensive coordinator. He couldn't control that the FO wanted to win with Matt Schaub.

Nice attempt at deflection.

He gave Houston a top 5 and top 10 defense, championship caliber. 

2013 was a giant clusterfuck in Houston.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see a huge difference in 6 or 7 snaps a game.  I'd use a first round pick on either if it meant getting an elite player.  Every player counts.  Don't know how you can act like a guy that plays half the snaps doesn't matter.

And if you don't have a NT to help stop the run your pass defense suffers also.  It is much easier to defend a 3rd-and-7 than a third-and-3.

I never said he didn't matter. 
I never said that.

I said it isn't worth a first round pick. 

You're a flaming pile of shit to talk football with fred. 
You conflate and try to do your lawyer bullshit. 

I do my best to not initiate discussions with you. You always come to me. Stop. I'm done. I'm sick of your shit.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 06:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He was the defensive coordinator. He couldn't control that the FO wanted to win with Matt Schaub.

Nice attempt at deflection.

He gave Houston a top 5 and top 10 defense, championship caliber. 

2013 was a giant clusterfuck in Houston.

Broncos don't win a Super Bowl with just a top 5 or top 10 defense.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 02:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Cash is garbage IMO.
But Rankins and Kelly would be instant upgrades.

It would be hard to see the team investing a 3rd pick in the first 2 rounds on the OL in two years.

What makes you say he would be garbage in a sub package roll.
I'd think he would be a good addition in a hybrid type roll. 
Slight chance of a Reggie return hopefully on a two year deal.
Reply/Quote