Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed up with this organization
Seriously I'm fed up with this organization we let our productive free agents go and it looks like we are letting Zeitler leave. We have a cheapskate owner in Mike Clown and a doofus head coach. If Lewis gets an extension it will be a spit in the face to all of the fans. If he does get extended I will probably find another team to support until Brown is no longer the owner.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Marvin sticking around after 2010 was a spit in the face, but we said "thank you, may I have another" and here we are...having another!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if Mike had retired after the 2010 season, Marvin would still have been re-signed and continued to get extensions, IMO. I say that because I firmly believe that Marvin is Katie's guy...not Mike's.

People forget that Mike and Marvin had basically walked away from the table and negotiations had broken down. Katie played a major role in getting that deal done, which led to that painfully awkward presser that looked like both guys were being forced at gunpoint to participate.

Mike has stated a couple of times that Katie and Marvin are basically running the show now. I'm in no way defending Mike, just saying that I don't know that Katie will be vastly different. I certainly hope I'm wrong about that, but like I said, I think she's a big reason why Marvin is still here and probably will be for a few more years.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 02:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin sticking around after 2010 was a spit in the face, but we said "thank you, may I have another" and here we are...having another!

When Marvin re-signed, he said they would "make this a team that not only goes to the playoffs but wins world championships".

Six years have passed and we still haven't won a  single playoff game.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When Marvin re-signed, he said they would "make this a team that not only goes to the playoffs but wins world championships".

Six years have passed and we still haven't won a  single playoff game.   Whatever
Championships require so many things, people, and coincidences to fall into place. This isn't a 'blow-up' team, I think the pieces are there, and these 'said' pieces just need to perform better, (or in most cases) what is expected of them.

Zeitler walking would be a huge mistake for this franchise, that being said, I believe it takes so much longer to develop a front offensive lineman. Taking them in the draft (high) then waiting for them to 'evolve' is something I am sick of doing, exactly for this matter. By the time they turn into a developed member of the team, they walk and we start all over again while others with solid trenches win championships. Yes, they earn (well deserved) money, they protect the franchise QB, which win championships. They develop into blocking routes for our RB to perform on the road to win championships. 

Said it before, and might as well say it again, we need both of our guys back, and add another seasoned vet on the offensive line to help our bench-warming high draft picks develop so we can win championships. Not answering the call for two lost WR(s) hurt this team, and not having Eifert,  hurt because given the chances, no other TE stepped up. We have needs, but this isn't a 'blow-up' team, but it might be if we have another solid down year with nothing else to blame.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:41 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Championships require so many things, people, and coincidences to fall into place. This isn't a 'blow-up' team, I think the pieces are there, and these 'said' pieces just need to perform better, (or in most cases) what is expected of them.

Zeitler walking would be a huge mistake for this franchise, that being said, I believe it takes so much longer to develop a front offensive lineman. Taking them in the draft (high) then waiting for them to 'evolve' is something I am sick of doing, exactly for this matter. By the time they turn into a developed member of the team, they walk and we start all over again while others with solid trenches win championships. Yes, they earn (well deserved) money, they protect the franchise QB, which win championships. They develop into blocking routes for our RB to perform on the road to win championships. 

Said it before, and might as well say it again, we need both of our guys back, and add another seasoned vet on the offensive line to help our bench-warming high draft picks develop so we can win championships. Not answering the call for two lost WR(s) hurt this team, and not having Eifert,  hurt because given the chances, no other TE stepped up. We have needs, but this isn't a 'blow-up' team, but it might be if we have another solid down year with nothing else to blame.

They will have enough money to sign the big 3 - Whit, Dre and Zeitler - if they choose to. Especially if Adam is released, which will add another 6.3m. If I had had to guess, I would say Z would be the one they choose not to bring back. Mike giving top dollar to a G just doesn't seem realistic, though maybe he surprises us. 

If they do let Z walk, maybe they look at a Chance Warmack type. He missed almost the entire year with an injury and he hasn't yet lived up to the hype he had when he was drafted. He would be an option for a much more reasonable price. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 05:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They will have enough money to sign the big 3 - Whit, Dre and Zeitler - if they choose to. Especially if Adam is released, which will add another 6.3m. If I had had to guess, I would say Z would be the one they choose not to bring back. Mike giving top dollar to a G just doesn't seem realistic, though maybe he surprises us. 

If they do let Z walk, maybe they look at a Chance Warmack type. He missed almost the entire year with an injury and he hasn't yet lived up to the hype he had when he was drafted. He would be an option for a much more reasonable price. 

I'm down, unless he's another 'Andre Smith' type and can't stay healthy...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 05:12 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I'm down, unless he's another 'Andre Smith' type and can't stay healthy...

Prior to this season, he had only missed 2 games in 3 years. The issue this year was due to a torn tendon in hand.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 02:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Seriously I'm fed up with this organization we let our productive free agents go and it looks like we are letting Zeitler leave. We have a cheapskate owner in Mike Clown and a doofus head coach. If Lewis gets an extension it will be a spit in the face to all of the fans. If he does get extended I will probably find another team to support until Brown is no longer the owner.

Me too! However, I still look forward to these Bengal's Board conversations. I have a deep sense of hopelessness with the FO and HC decisions year after year. No significant changes means more of the same. Therefore, I am highly skeptical of ML's comment about "big" changes in 2017. That is propaganda to keep us in the lemming line. Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 02:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Seriously I'm fed up with this organization we let our productive free agents go and it looks like we are letting Zeitler leave. We have a cheapskate owner in Mike Clown and a doofus head coach. If Lewis gets an extension it will be a spit in the face to all of the fans. If he does get extended I will probably find another team to support until Brown is no longer the owner.

Ah, Fed Up Town.  Been living there over 20 years.  We thought it would be a brief stay.  We were wrong.  We could leave.  We don't.  Some may call it lunacy.  We call it loyalty.  And the worse it gets, the harder we dig in.  My wife planted a garden.  It takes her mind off striped things.  Me, I drink a lot.  We'll never move.  That's just how it is in Fed Up Town.

Oh, a few have left.  They always came back.  We razzed them a bit and then welcomed them back.  There is no leaving.  If you think this sounds like an episode of Twilight Zone, well, you're right.  When you're on the outside looking in, it appears to be a fine specimen of group insanity.  But you know what?  When you're in it, it just feels normal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 05:29 PM)Derrick Wrote: Me too! However, I still look forward to these Bengal's Board conversations. I have a deep sense of hopelessness with the FO and HC decisions year after year. No significant changes means more of the same. Therefore, I am highly skeptical of ML's comment about "big" changes in 2017. That is propaganda to keep us in the lemming line. Sick

Me 3 ! I'm way, way closer to being done than I've ever been in my 40+ years as a Bengal Fan.

Remember when ML came out with the big announcement about "gonna be movers and shakers in free agency" couple seasons ago ? And they moved and shake'd for like - nobody. 

I'll believe the "big changes" when I see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:41 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Championships require so many things, people, and coincidences to fall into place. This isn't a 'blow-up' team, I think the pieces are there, and these 'said' pieces just need to perform better, (or in most cases) what is expected of them.

I would agree that this team does not need to be "blown up".  Talent on the roster isn't the problem.  I feel the problem has more to do with the coaching side. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What else is new? LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 05:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They will have enough money to sign the big 3 - Whit, Dre and Zeitler - if they choose to. Especially if Adam is released, which will add another 6.3m. If I had had to guess, I would say Z would be the one they choose not to bring back. Mike giving top dollar to a G just doesn't seem realistic, though maybe he surprises us. 

That's EXACTLY the type of guy they signed. Guys that we can sign for low contracts that haven't lived up to potential.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 06:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would agree that this team does not need to be "blown up".  Talent on the roster isn't the problem.  I feel the problem has more to do with the coaching side. 

This. I still believe the talent is there. I just don't see how anyone has faith in Marv (or guys like PA) at this point. I believe a solid draft and FA period could get this group right back to 11-5...and a swift 1st round embarrassment.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 08:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This. I still believe the talent is there. I just don't see how anyone has faith in Marv (or guys like PA) at this point. I believe a solid draft and FA period could get this group right back to 11-5...and a swift 1st round embarrassment.

Right, that philosophy of just trying to play mistake free ball, playing not to lose, bore them into submission, etc.  It just isn't working.  There needs to be a commitment to excellence, established from the front office that resonates throughout the entire organization, all the way down to the lowliest towel boy.  Marvin is not held accountable, coaches under him aren't held accountable, thus players aren't held accountable.  Everyone is allowed to screw up, yet nothing negative ever happens to them as a result.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's so hard to root for a team when the obvious weak link is the Head Coach who for whatever reason has a lifetime contract. But nonetheless I will continue to hope for the best and expect the worst because, ya know, I'm a Cincinnati Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 10:47 PM)JumboTron Wrote: It's so hard to root for a team when the obvious weak link is the Head Coach who for whatever reason has a lifetime contract.  But nonetheless I will continue to hope for the best and expect the worst because, ya know, I'm a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

That's not true Mike Brown is the weak link, but Lewis is a close second.
Reply/Quote
I'm still a Bengals fan even though frustrated with the decisions of the FO. Marvin extended will just frost me.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, that philosophy of just trying to play mistake free ball, playing not to lose, bore them into submission, etc.  It just isn't working.  There needs to be a commitment to excellence, established from the front office that resonates throughout the entire organization, all the way down to the lowliest towel boy.  Marvin is not held accountable, coaches under him aren't held accountable, thus players aren't held accountable.  Everyone is allowed to screw up, yet nothing negative ever happens to them as a result.

Not playing the young guys when a veteran is struggling is Marvin's biggest downfall in my opinion.

Not replacing Bodine when he struggled. Keeping Maualuga out there even though he's slow and not good in pass coverage.

Start playing guys like Vigil as a rookie and letting them develop and then by their 3rd year you'd have a really solid LB.
Reply/Quote