Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed up with this organization
Welcome to the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.  
I have tried. I have lived in other cities with winning franchises and yet can never pull the trigger . I'm at the point in my life where I really don't care if they win it all or not. I would like them to do it, but if they don't I'm not going to worry about it. 
It's entertainment and nothing more. As long as they entertain me I'm fine with it and sometimes it's the comedy of errors that's so entertaining..  It's not AS IF when or if they do win it all some Bengals employee will knock on my door with a big fruit basket and say CONGRATULATIONS your favorite team won!
I won't even get a postcard or even an email telling me they won. And if they lose nobody knocks on my door and leaves a flaming bag of crap for me to stomp out..
The ABSOLUTE WORST thing that happens when they lose is I'm mildly depressed for a day at most.  I might even go so far as to announce I'm done, but you know and I know its just bluster and I'll be back rooting on the team next game.. YEY TEAM..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 05:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: Welcome to the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.  
I have tried. I have lived in other cities with winning franchises and yet can never pull the trigger . I'm at the point in my life where I really don't care if they win it all or not. I would like them to do it, but if they don't I'm not going to worry about it. 
It's entertainment and nothing more. As long as they entertain me I'm fine with it and sometimes it's the comedy of errors that's so entertaining..  It's not AS IF when or if they do win it all some Bengals employee will knock on my door with a big fruit basket and say CONGRATULATIONS your favorite team won!
I won't even get a postcard or even an email telling me they won. And if they lose nobody knocks on my door and leaves a flaming bag of crap for me to stomp out..
The ABSOLUTE WORST thing that happens when they lose is I'm mildly depressed for a day at most.  I might even go so far as to announce I'm done, but you know and I know its just bluster and I'll be back rooting on the team next game.. YEY TEAM..  

Well...  Ringling Brothers are closing down the circus. 

I suppose Mike, Katie, Marvin, and company have anticipated that by perfecting their own clown show.

[Image: th?id=OIP.ep1vJ4p_x8u6mDyfhFYaqQEsDH&pid...=252&h=168] ENJOY !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 05:29 PM)Derrick Wrote: Me too! However, I still look forward to these Bengal's Board conversations. I have a deep sense of hopelessness with the FO and HC decisions year after year. No significant changes means more of the same. Therefore, I am highly skeptical of ML's comment about "big" changes in 2017. That is propaganda to keep us in the lemming line. Sick

"Big Changes" could just mean they are letting the productive players go and getting cheaper ones.  Mike Brown would consider that a "big change."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 10:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: "Big Changes" could just mean they are letting the productive players go and getting cheaper ones.  Mike Brown would consider that a "big change."

I was thinking they may change to bottled water instead of drinking from the communal hose?

[Image: th?id=OIP.Meeb07ddc5083a10e8095a6a82cfcd...=213&h=161]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I am reminded of a line by two immortal bards:

The strong give up and move on, while the weak, the weak give up give up and stay.
- Hall & Oates
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 10:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: "Big Changes" could just mean they are letting the productive players go and getting cheaper ones.  Mike Brown would consider that a "big change."

The "Big Changes" could also be he's gonna add some pom pom's to his sideline routine instead of just clapping and saying let's go ?

[Image: PI4409MORLG.jpg]
Reply/Quote