Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FedEx Player of the week
Congrats to Mix

https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-named-the-fedex-ground-nfl-player-of-the-week-for-week-4
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Deserved it easily. Congrats Mixon, lets continue to do that to the Ravens and that will say something.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Deserved it easily. Congrats Mixon, lets continue to do that to the Ravens and that will say something.

Yep. hopefully that is a huge boost to him going into Baltimore. We had our victory at the right time. Now if we can capitalize on it with a win over the Ravens, we are the real deal. If we don't, but lose by a score, we can say "Expected and proud." A blowout however? Well, It was the Jaguars I pinned my hope of it all coming together around.

Reply/Quote
Heck of a game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The offensive line got a little better at run blocking and it was all Joe Mixon needed. All Joe needs is to break through the defensive line and he’s gone. It’s like watching Jim Brown. Jim was the best open field running back I’ve ever seen; even better than Walter Payton or Barry Sanders. With better blocking Joe Mixon might become that good.
Reply/Quote
Congrats Joe, well done.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 07:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The offensive line got a little better at run blocking and it was all Joe Mixon needed.  All Joe needs is to break through the defensive line and he’s gone.  It’s like watching Jim Brown.  Jim was the best open field running back I’ve ever seen; even better than Walter Payton or Barry Sanders.  With better blocking Joe Mixon might become that good.

Sometimes, i just gotta wonder what goes though your head, my man...

Jim Brown was a big, fast, strong, north/south runner. You're probably mistaking his many broken tackles for "open field" running. 

Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton are the (tied) 3 best open field running backs in NFL history. There's no way to distinguish 1,2,3 among them. They're just that much better than everyone else.

After that, you have guys like Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett, Thurman Thomas, Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson and Marcus Allen (and a couple i'm sure i'm leaving out, but i'm doing this off the top of my head). Jim Brown isn't even on a list of top 10 pure, open field runners. 

Mixon is good and would shine with a decent to consistently good Oline. Dunno that he'll ever be in even the 2nd level of runners though, let alone "that good". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote