Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds to fine schools not complying with Michelles menu
The federal government is taking steps to fine schools not complying with Moochelle Obamas food laws.
This must now make that fat ass really feel special and relevant.

The regulation would punish schools and state departments with fines for “egregious or persistent disregard” for the lunch rules that imposed sodium and calorie limits and banned white grains.

The government now seeks to make fines enforceable by regulation. Section 303 of the law requires that the federal government “establish criteria for the imposition of fines” for all the Department of Agriculture’s child food programs

http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-sc...s-lunch-rules/
(03-31-2016, 10:37 AM)Vlad Wrote: The federal government is taking steps to fine schools not complying with Moochelle Obamas food laws.

The regulation would punish schools and state departments with fines for “egregious or persistent disregard” for the lunch rules that imposed sodium and calorie limits and banned white grains.

The government now seeks to make fines enforceable by regulation. Section 303 of the law requires that the federal government “establish criteria for the imposition of fines” for all the Department of Agriculture’s child food programs

Mellow

Quote:Update Tuesday, March 29 7:23 P.M.: Following publication of this story, a USDA spokesperson told the Washington Free Beacon that the goal of the new proposals are meant to ensure high standards in its Child Nutrition Programs.

“To ensure that entities implementing these critical programs continue to meet high standards of program effectiveness and integrity, USDA is proposing a series of program improvements that address only those programs with systemic and significant program violations, such as theft of funds and financial mismanagement, to safeguard the integrity of Child Nutrition Programs and taxpayer dollars,” the spokesperson said.

On another note even Drumpf supporters sound like 5 year olds with the name calling.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The whole concept (not just her's, but the government trying to force healthy eating in schools in general) is a failure. One small meal lower in sodium, fat and simple carbs 5 days a week (maybe twice a day if breakfast) changes nothing. People will improve themselves and their health when they are educated and capable of making decisions that we lead to meaningful changes. The program probably plays lip service to encouraging education and decision-making, but even if it does it doesn't lead to any results.

Healthy eating if far from bland, terrible and repulsive if you learn what to eat and how to cook. School lunches aren't exactly quality to begin with, and forcing students to eat terrible food because it's healthy gives the wrong impression that appetizing and healthy are incompatible. Imagine if school pizza is the only pizza you knew. If you thought that was the taste and quality of all pizza, you wouldn't claim to love pizza. However, we all know pizza is great, but school lunches just suck. For people who don't know whole grains, giving them dry, stale wheat brain won't make them like it or consider it in the future. Fresh carrots are cool and crunchy, but if I thought all carrots were the slimy mush served in high school, I sure wouldn't be incorporating them into my diet.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(03-31-2016, 10:37 AM)Vlad Wrote:  banned white grains.

Blatant racism ! 
Ninja
(03-31-2016, 10:37 AM)Vlad Wrote: The federal government is taking steps to fine schools not complying with Moochelle Obamas food laws.

There is a simple way that States can alleviate themselves from Federal Programs.  I wonder if you know what that is?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(03-31-2016, 10:51 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The whole concept (not just her's, but the government trying to force healthy eating in schools in general) is a failure. One small meal lower in sodium, fat and simple carbs 5 days a week (maybe twice a day if breakfast) changes nothing. People will improve themselves and their health when they are educated and capable of making decisions that we lead to meaningful changes. The program probably plays lip service to encouraging education and decision-making, but even if it does it doesn't lead to any results.

Healthy eating if far from bland, terrible and repulsive if you learn what to eat and how to cook. School lunches aren't exactly quality to begin with, and forcing students to eat terrible food because it's healthy gives the wrong impression that appetizing and healthy are incompatible. Imagine if school pizza is the only pizza you knew. If you thought that was the taste and quality of all pizza, you wouldn't claim to love pizza. However, we all know pizza is great, but school lunches just suck. For people who don't know whole grains, giving them dry, stale wheat brain won't make them like it or consider it in the future. Fresh carrots are cool and crunchy, but if I thought all carrots were the slimy mush served in high school, I sure wouldn't be incorporating them into my diet.

I agree with that. On the other hand, for a lot of kids, that's the bulk of their meals. What they get at school is it, or the most of it. And for more kids, that is the only healthy thing they're eating (not so much the calories and carbs, but the nutritional value) because they go home and mom or dad just dumps a can of Spaghetti O's in a bowl and goes back to watching TV or playing on their phone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Michelle obviously wants to force healthy eating on us so she can be the only super fat ass left in America.
So let me get this straight.

Feeding kids healthy food is bad just because it was Michelle Obama's idea.

Some of you guys are pathetic.
(03-31-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.

Feeding kids healthy food is bad just because it was Michelle Obama's idea.

Some of you guys are pathetic.

No, it's FORCING healthy awful foods onto kids and you forgot to point out that she is a fastass who almost certainly has a penis.

When I was a kid school lunches considered ketchup to be a vegetable and everyone I know turned out just fine, thanks. Keep your communist food to yourself MITCH-BEAST OBESE-BOMB-A
Seriously the food they served me growing up at school was 100% crap and the older I got the more I was hoping they would have healthier options. The food is slop they try to serve and kids feel like their money is better spent on other food items they have that is off of the main course. Which is unhealthy like giant muffins, chips, power aids and debbie cakes and makes the school more money. Apparently our school had a deal with the Coke Company and were required to sell so many of their products which really limited your options.

Anyone that has had experience with the public school system and understands the value of nutrition is crazy for bashing this effort. It may not be perfect but I wish someone cared about the options I had open to me. I wasn't going to put garbage in my body just because the school provided it and it was cheap. We're talking about a place that is supposed to be educating children to make smarter choices in the future. Everything about public schools should reflect that. It's extremely laughable to be getting out of health class were they preach a healthy lifestyle only to go to lunch an be served mystery meat that looks like it should be served to prison inmates.

Maybe it's time to stop politicizing our kids education because there's no reason to have an attitude towards her efforts everyone should want kids to have healthier options and be encouraged to make those choices in school. Who knows maybe after being in that world for 12 years they might take away something about nutrition which could lead to a better tomorrow.
But.... what if a child only identifies as a milkshakevore ?

But more seriously....
I've always been surprised that there was not a "lunch teacher" or nutritionist speaking with kids about their choices, at lunch.

That's what made me think about the over-sensitivity that may spawn a silly comment, like I started with.
(03-31-2016, 11:28 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: There is a simple way that States can alleviate themselves from Federal Programs.  I wonder if you know what that is?

Become Republican?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-31-2016, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Become Republican?

Nope.  Interesting enough Red States typically make this mistake at a greater level than blue states.

(03-31-2016, 05:07 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Nope.  Interesting enough Red States typically make this mistake at a greater level than blue states.

Stop taking federal tax dollars.
(03-31-2016, 05:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Stop taking federal tax dollars.

DING DING DING.

I always find it humorous that the unwavering Conservative individual with cry and gnash his teeth against federal meddling and fiscal waste but as a group out spend (federal money) the liberal states by quite a margin.  

(04-01-2016, 09:49 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: DING DING DING.

I always find it humorous that the unwavering Conservative individual with cry and gnash his teeth against federal meddling and fiscal waste but as a group out spend (federal money) the liberal states by quite a margin.  

Yep.  Like crying about how stupid their parents are while still living in their basement.
(04-01-2016, 09:49 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: DING DING DING.

Federal disaster money is the worst.

Rick Perry probably holds records for getting disasters declared so he can ask for federal funds, but then ran (briefly) for president on a campaign of anti-government spending (which is also fun considering federal dollars were used in every single one of his budgets).

Then you've got these guys who voted against Hurricane Sandy relief... even though they all asked for their own disaster money.

Quote:1. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH): Requested disaster aid after Hurricane Sandy.

2. John Barrasso (R-WY), Republican Policy Committee Chair: Requested disaster aid after flooding.
3. Roy Blunt (R-MO), Republican Conference Vice Chair: Demanded the Senate be called back from recess to pass disaster aid during a drought and boasts: “When a disaster surpasses the ability of states and communities to rebuild, Senator Blunt believes the federal government should prioritize spending to help the people whose lives and livelihoods are impacted. During his time in the Senate, he has fought tirelessly to ensure that Missouri gets its fair share of those federal resources specifically dedicated to disaster recovery.”
4. John Boozman (R-AR): Requested disaster aid after snow storms in January 2013.
5. Richard Burr (R-NC): Requested disaster aid after severe storms.
6. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA): Requested disaster aid after flooding.
7. Dan Coats (R-IN): Requested disaster aid after tornadoes.
8. Tom Coburn (R-OK): Requested disaster aid after winter storms and for extreme drought.
9. Bob Corker (R-TN): Requested disaster aid after flooding and asked for supplemental emergency flood relief.
10. John Cornyn (R-TX), Republican Minority Whip: Demanded drought relief aid and requested disaster aid for wildfires.
11. Mike Crapo (R-ID): Boasted of obtaining a FEMA fire safety grant and pushed for a bill providing emergency drought relief.
12. Mike Enzi (R-WY): Requested disaster relief after flooding.
13. Lindsey Graham (R-SC): Requested disaster relief after freezing and boasted of obtaining emergency drought relief.
14. Chuck Grassley (R-IA): Requested disaster relief after severe hail storms.
15. Orrin Hatch (R-UT): Requested disaster relief after flooding.
16. James Inhofe (R-OK): Boasted of obtaining disaster relief after severe storms and drought.
17. Johnny Isakson (R-GA): Requested disaster aid after flooding.
18. Mike Johanns (R-NE): Requested disaster relief after flooding and blasted Democrats for “inaction on disaster relief” for drought and wildfires.
19. Ron Johnson (R-WI): Requested disaster relief after a blizzard.
20. Mark Kirk (R-IL): Appealed after FEMA denied assistance following severe storms and tornadoes.
21. Mike Lee (R-UT): After calling federal disaster relief unconstitutional, endorsed relief aid after flooding in Utah.
22. John McCain (R-AZ): Endorsed disaster relief after flooding.
23. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Republican Minority Leader: Requested disaster relief during a drought and after tornadoes.
24. Jerry Moran (R-KS): Requested disaster relief after tornadoes.
25. Rand Paul (R-KY): Requested disaster relief during a drought and after tornadoes.
26. Rob Portman (R-OH): Endorsed disaster relief during a drought and after storms.
27. Pat Roberts (R-KS): Boasted of obtaining disaster relief after drought and wildfires and criticized the Bush administration for inadequate emergency relief after a blizzard.
28. Marco Rubio (R-FL): Requested disaster relief after severe freezing.
29. Jeff Sessions (R-AL): Requested disaster relief after tornadoes and during a drought.
30. John Thune (R-SD), Republican Conference Chair: Requested disaster relief after flooding and snow storms.
31. Pat Toomey (R-PA): Requested disaster relief for Hurricane Sandy before it even hit landfall.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/01/29/1510041/sandy-aid-republican-hypocrites/

Road and ag department dollars are two of the biggest offenders, though. And the biggest way the feds keeps states on a leash. If states want to buck federal unfunded mandates, thy can. But they realize that normally means the loss of money for roads and rural development block grants.
(04-01-2016, 10:50 AM)Benton Wrote: Federal disaster money is the worst.

Rick Perry probably holds records for getting disasters declared so he can ask for federal funds, but then ran (briefly) for president on a campaign of anti-government spending (which is also fun considering federal dollars were used in every single one of his budgets).

Then you've got these guys who voted against Hurricane Sandy relief... even though they all asked for their own disaster money.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/01/29/1510041/sandy-aid-republican-hypocrites/

Road and ag department dollars are two of the biggest offenders, though. And the biggest way the feds keeps states on a leash. If states want to buck federal unfunded mandates, thy can. But they realize that normally means the loss of money for roads and rural development block grants.

Think Progress?

Pffft.

Clearly this is biased.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

What is with your obsession with this woman?  Where does it stem from?
(04-01-2016, 11:33 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What is with your obsession with this woman?  Where does it stem from?

Nothing but troll bait.

Common practice by Lucie/Vlad.

Even I have been critical of some things Obama has done, but attacking the first lady for wanting to give students healthy food is so childish it can't be serious.  Throw in all the inflammatory juvenile insults and it is pretty clear this is just trolling.