Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling a lot better at QB....
One thing I was worried about, was the season going in the crapper should Dalton get injured. But, I have now decided...… we can win with Driskell. He just keeps getting better....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One thing I was worried about, was the season going in the crapper should Dalton get injured. But, I have now decided...… we can win with Driskell. He just keeps getting better....

Yeah, he has went from an athletic passer to a good QB who will only run if needed. Knows how to run an Offense
and he has a nice release. Have liked this guy since i first seen him last year and like you said, he just keeps getting
better. Sad Barkley went down but i think he was going to be on the outside looking in anyways.

Woodside made a few nice throws.
Reply/Quote
Of what we have on the Roster Driskel is the best option... But when the vets become FA here in the next day or so do you think we are looking...

(I have also been impressed with Driskel... but I think the Coaching staff was leaning toward barkley as he started yesterday)
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Of what we have on the Roster Driskel is the best option... But when the vets become FA here in the next day or so do you think we are looking...

(I have also been impressed with Driskel... but I think the Coaching staff was leaning toward barkley as he started yesterday)

I think the only vet they’d replace Driskell with is McCarron.
Reply/Quote
I'm feeling pretty good about our QB situation heading into the season, as well. Andy has looked damn good out there. Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm feeling pretty good about our QB situation heading into the season, as well.  Andy has looked damn good out there.   Smirk

Yep. Besides Dallas (I feel like we all looked like ass there though), I think he's looked RAZOR sharp. I'm excited this year for him. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Seriously, does it really matter who the backup is? If Andy goes down, this team is finished. As of now, they can't even execute a basic run for positive gain versus a starting NFL defense. Hopefully that will change as we get into the season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 05:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seriously, does it really matter who the backup is?  If Andy goes down, this team is finished.  As of now, they can't even execute a basic run for positive gain versus a starting NFL defense.  Hopefully that will change as we get into the season.

It can... I agree if Dalton goes down and out for the season it will be ruff for any backup to finish it out...

but if has to come out for maybe a QTR of a game or so... you want someone that can at least keep the ball moving in the right direction.

Hopefully this is the last we talk about backup QBs this season...  
Reply/Quote
I honestly have no idea what to expect if he ever got the chance to be a starter for a lengthy period of time. I know he was a 5* recruit out of high school, went to Florida where he was up and down, then went to La Tech where he had a nice season in the Conf.USA.

But I have never seen him play with and against starters in the preseason, let alone regular season. And though he has looked good this preseason which is obviously better than not, there are too many variables involved on if that can translate to being good enough to win on Sundays, especially for a QB.

Basically the only way we will know if he is good enough to win is if he plays, as there is little to nothing to go on otherwise imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 05:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seriously, does it really matter who the backup is?  If Andy goes down, this team is finished.  As of now, they can't even execute a basic run for positive gain versus a starting NFL defense.  Hopefully that will change as we get into the season.

I think as well as he plays behind our horrendous 2nd and 3rd string line, with our 1's in there, and with his mobility, arm and decision making, I don't believe the season would be over. Is Andy better, of course.... but ol' Jeff ain't half bad.... and I don't think we being someone in at this point who is not going to know the offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 05:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think as well as he plays behind our horrendous 2nd and 3rd string line, with our 1's in there, and with his mobility, arm and decision making, I don't believe the season would be over. Is Andy better, of course.... but ol' Jeff ain't half bad.... and I don't think we being someone in at this point who is not going to know the offense.

Hmm, "Ol' Jeff ain't half bad"?  Really?  Have you taken the time to watch any preseason games, aside from Bengals games?   For example, I watched nearly all of the Saints/Chargers game last Saturday.  Let me tell you, the Saints are loaded, compared to the Bengals at backup QB, yet they still reached out and traded a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater.

Now that the Saints have 4 QBs, the Bengals might consider reaching out to them, to acquire their previous #2 guy. (forget his name, but he ran the offense well)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I thought Driskel did a great job. He made nice throws, he ran when he needed to, he threw the ball away when he needed to, and he looked very comfortable leading the 2 min offense at the end of the half. I think he will be fine.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 06:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: I thought Driskel did a great job. He made nice throws, he ran when he needed to, he threw the ball away when he needed to, and he looked very comfortable leading the 2 min offense at the end of the half. I think he will be fine.
I agree Driskel looks decent give him time behind Andy and learning from Andy and the new QB coach and I think we are good at 2nd QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm feeling pretty good about our QB situation heading into the season, as well.  Andy has looked damn good out there.   Smirk
The NFL's leading passer in the preseason was Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton with a 130.9 passer rating.

The Bengals also led the AFC in total offense (364.5) and fewest sacks allowed (3).

Just posted on the Bengals web site.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, "Ol' Jeff ain't half bad"?  Really?  Have you taken the time to watch any preseason games, aside from Bengals games?   For example, I watched nearly all of the Saints/Chargers game last Saturday.  Let me tell you, the Saints are loaded, compared to the Bengals at backup QB, yet they still reached out and traded a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater.

Now that the Saints have 4 QBs, the Bengals might consider reaching out to them, to acquire their previous #2 guy. (forget his name, but he ran the offense well)

A few, but none of the Saints games. They traded for Bridgewater on a two year deal to groom him behind Brees because he's about done, so their backups must not be making them very happy.... or very memorable....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 08:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A few, but none of the Saints games. They traded for Bridgewater on a two year deal to groom him behind Brees because he's about done, so their backups must not be making them very happy.... or very memorable....

According to my point of view, either of their backups would have put Driskell or McCarron to shame.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 05:00 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. Besides Dallas (I feel like we all looked like ass there though), I think he's looked RAZOR sharp. I'm excited this year for him. 

Dont you mean...LAZOR sharp?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 04:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he has went from an athletic passer to a good QB who will only run if needed. Knows how to run an Offense
and he has a nice release. Have liked this guy since i first seen him last year and like you said, he just keeps getting
better. Sad Barkley went down but i think he was going to be on the outside looking in anyways.

Woodside made a few nice throws.

I know no one likes Barkley, but he made a PERFECT pass to John Ross which Ross dropped with those stone hands! That pass was better than the one Dalton threw him the week before! I trust Barkley a lot more than Driskell at this point!

Reply/Quote
Never was too concerned because always liked Driskell anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
You never really know.. Perhaps Woodside goes to the PS, Andy and Drisk get injured and WS walks in and becomes league MVP AND  ROTY and win the super bowl.  

Yeah,  that's not gonna happen,  but imagine if it did just for shorts and giggles.. What can I say?  I like a good fantasy as well as the next guy.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote