Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling better about Mark Walton?
I know one spin move does not make a RB great, but I think he looks solid overall. He certainly did not look very good in preseason, but nothing can make a RB look slower than not knowing his assignment or how to read a new blocking scheme. Hopefully the quickness and explosviness will show back up whenj he can stop "thinking" and just run.
Reply/Quote
I was pleasantly surprised, seeing him perform like he's been there before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Agree he looked like he belonged, just a complete 180 degrees from the preseason.
Reply/Quote
He's not a bruiser, more like a Gio type of player. Runs better to the outside than down the middle it appears. Probably more dangerous if he can catch the ball like Gio.
Reply/Quote
Kid is working hard to show he belongs. With his ball security issues, however, it worries me a bit as he is twirling around that one well-placed helmet might lead to a turnover.

So far, so good. I love how hard he is playing.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know one spin move does not make a RB great, but I think he looks solid overall.  He certainly did not look very good in preseason, but nothing can make a RB look slower than not knowing his assignment or how to read a new blocking scheme. Hopefully the quickness and explosviness will show back up whenj he can stop "thinking" and just run.

I think it was his last carry in the preseason.  He gained eight or nine yards and actually looked like he belonged.  That looked like his turning point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yep, he's really coming along nicely. Big time improvement in a short amount of time. Gotta love it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Would love to see him continue to improve. Just another weapon for the offense.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Great to see him play well!
Reply/Quote
He certainly looked much better Sunday than a month ago.

And we needed him in that game as well, which made it even more impressive.

Do not like going into games with only two smaller stature RB's though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: ...it worries me a bit as he is twirling around that one well-placed helmet might lead to a turnover.

One well-placed helmet will cause ANY RB to fumble... spin move, or not.
It happens all the time in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I never had complaints on Walton, nor did I favor Hill over him. The only issue I had with drafting him was not him per say, but not using that pick for a position of need at depth.

The kid can play though. He has very good hands for receiving out of the backfield, and probably will be Gio's replacement after 2019.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 10:55 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Would love to see him continue to improve.  Just another weapon for the offense.

Well, he had a nice play, anyway.  Those 5 rushes for 9 yds. aren't exactly lighting it up.  That 24 yd. catch was nice.  Other than that, he's 6 touches for 13 yds., a whopping 2.1 yds./touch.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, he had a nice play, anyway.  Those 5 rushes for 9 yds. aren't exactly lighting it up.  That 24 yd. catch was nice.  Other than that, he's 6 touches for 13 yds., a whopping 2.1 yds./touch.

Yeah he is definitely not gio or mixon but he is turning out to be a great third stringer. Pleasantly surprised by him. 

His first cary a game ago was pretty nice too. It got called back from a hold i think but he shot right through the gap for what would have been like a 8 or 9 yard run..
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:29 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yeah he is definitely not gio or mixon but he is turning out to be at least a warm body on the field. Pleasantly surprised by him. 

His first cary a game ago was pretty nice too. It got called back from a hold i think but he shot right through the gap for what would have been like a 8 or 9 yard run..

Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, he had a nice play, anyway.  Those 5 rushes for 9 yds. aren't exactly lighting it up.  That 24 yd. catch was nice.  Other than that, he's 6 touches for 13 yds., a whopping 2.1 yds./touch.

I think the bigger point is that he's displayed some of what they saw in him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
i remember a nice catch and run, and Andy missed him on another where he probably would have gotten some nice yards.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yes he also had a solid run in his one touch in Carolina that was mitigated by a penalty.

He has def looked better, maybe he's still recovering from the knee issue in the pre season.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 12:00 PM)Tomkat Wrote: One well-placed helmet will cause ANY RB to fumble... spin move, or not.
It happens all the time in the NFL.

I guess you missed the part where I said he had a propensity to fumbling, as ball security was one reason he fell in the draft.  
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind he’s just one year, this month, from an ankle injury almost as bad as Eiferts.
Reply/Quote