Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feisty Simms?
Did anyone else think Simms was a little feisty about the Bengals?

The part I'm remembering is when Nantz and Simms get into it in the booth about the Bengals being a good team.

Nantz was talking about how great they have been this season, and Simms was the "ya but the playoffs" guy. It was fun watching the two go at it, because it was the epitome of every argument about the Bengals over the last 5 years. They are good but are they good enough.

It seemed to me that Simms had something against Dalton last night. Maybe it is because Boomer is so glum lately and it bothers Simms. Either way, not sure if anyone else noiticed that as well. It wasn't unprofessional or anything, just thought there was some frustration showing between Simms and his opinion of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Simms is just mad his sons couldn't make it as QBs in this league, yet another announcer with an axe to grind.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I dunno, I've always heard Simms be supportive of Dalton. I think Nantz has just heard enough, and wanted to get a point across.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno, I've always heard Simms be supportive of Dalton.  I think Nantz has just heard enough, and wanted to get a point across.

I thought Simms did a good job last night. Best I've heard him in years.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I thought Simms did a good job last night. Best I've heard him in years.

Simms and Nantz are always pretty good, they are one of the few good combos left.
Reply/Quote
It seemed to me that Simms was agreeing with Nance that Dalton took too much criticism.  Phil was just pointing out that some people will keep ripping Dalton until he wins a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno, I've always heard Simms be supportive of Dalton.  I think Nantz has just heard enough, and wanted to get a point across.

Exactly.  He even said "I really like Dalton".  He went on to say that if the team would not have been a wild card those first two years there would not be nearly as much pressure about the playoffs and that the entire world would be in wonder over what he is accomplishing this year.  I did not take it as a negative.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It seemed to me that Simms was agreeing with Nance that Dalton took too much criticism.  Phil was just pointing out that some people will keep ripping Dalton until he wins a playoff game.

Exactly, he stated while he thinks he gets a little to much flak over not winning a playoff game, that is just the world we live in, and people won't let that argument die until he wins one.
Reply/Quote
Simms was pretty good. Besides when he said that even Bengals fans were cheering for Manziel inside that stadium. Which is greatly hope was sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
I see, I see. Not quite how I had remembered it in my drunken stupor. Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I thought Simms did a good job last night. Best I've heard him in years.

(11-06-2015, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It seemed to me that Simms was agreeing with Nance that Dalton took too much criticism.  Phil was just pointing out that some people will keep ripping Dalton until he wins a playoff game.

(11-06-2015, 04:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly.  He even said "I really like Dalton".  He went on to say that if the team would not have been a wild card those first two years there would not be nearly as much pressure about the playoffs and that the entire world would be in wonder over what he is accomplishing this year.  I did not take it as a negative.

(11-06-2015, 04:07 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: Exactly, he stated while he thinks he gets a little to much flak over not winning a playoff game, that is just the world we live in, and people won't let that argument die until he wins one.

Yep, that's how I remember the entire conversation....

(11-06-2015, 04:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I see, I see. Not quite how I had remembered it in my drunken stupor. Cool

Hilarious You sure it wasn't a "green corn" haze?  Or both? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:44 PM)corpjet Wrote: Simms is just mad his sons couldn't make it as QBs in this league, 

Or maybe mad that Pat was inactive?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hilarious You sure it wasn't a "green corn" haze?  Or both? LMAO

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
It was the first time I think I heard anyone from the national media state that despite our 4 playoff losses we were the underdogs in 3 of them. And the story about the Colts loss is finally being blamed on the injuries

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't think Simms was being critical at all. He just said look, you're not gonna win this argument because no matter how much you argue people are still gonna say the same things until they win something of relevance.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:17 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Simms was pretty good. Besides when he said that even Bengals fans were cheering for Manziel inside that stadium. Which is greatly hope was sarcasm.

Was quite a few Browns fans in the stadium. Most of them shut up in the second half though.
Reply/Quote