Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fej
Ok, Ok, He is "My Guy" and I am not ashamed to admit it, but I was pulling up PFF scores from week 1 and here is what I found on Fej:

(Scroll Down)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/clayton-fejedelem/10879

Wonder if Fred would look back to before that draft and give me props for wanting Fej.  When I watched Illinois games (My dad is an Alum), the guy was a tackling machine.  I thought he was a LB.  He has been a gem from Round 7 and I love what he is doing (which is what he always has done) in making the most of an opportunity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, Ok, He is "My Guy" and I am not ashamed to admit it, but I was pulling up PFF scores from week 1 and here is what I found on Fej:

(Scroll Down)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/clayton-fejedelem/10879

Wonder if Fred would look back to before that draft and give me props for wanting Fej.  When I watched Illinois games (My dad is an Alum), the guy was a tackling machine.  I thought he was a LB.  He has been a gem from Round 7 and I love what he is doing (which is what he always has done) in making the most of an opportunity.

He's been my guy too Wink.

The only issue is that he's not our best option in coverage, though he isn't terrible in coverage either.

All throughout the preseason, his tackling was even better than what it was in the past and I feel that if he continues to make splash plays and tackle so fundamentally well, he may get noticed and get some accolades.

Lets hope.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wonder if Fred would look back to before that draft and give me props for wanting Fej.

Fredtoast? Who gives a bleeping bleep what he thinks about anything?

I’ll give you props all day man.

Poor tackling on this team has always been a sore spot for me. As vocal as I been against burfict he’s the only one that seems to know how to wrap someone up. It’s good to have a safety net out there that can help. I’d love to see more of this guy on the field.
Reply/Quote
Fej was definitely a beast on Sunday. I can see why they felt Iloka was expendable. Williams better be looking over his shoulder.
Reply/Quote
I mean, a 92 rating and the #2 safety in the NFL? That's a strong day coming off the bench
Reply/Quote
He had a decent game but his coverage wasn't all that good. In re watching the Ebron TD it appeared to be cover 2 man and instead of taking a deep drop to drive at the ball his drop was too shallow and he got sucked inside leaving Evans out on an island. I am nervous playing him major snaps against a more vertical offense, but as a nickle LB I think he could offer some interesting options.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: He had a decent game but his coverage wasn't all that good. In re watching the Ebron TD it appeared to be cover 2 man and instead of taking a deep drop to drive at the ball his drop was too shallow and he got sucked inside leaving Evans out on an island. I am nervous playing him major snaps against a more vertical offense, but as a nickle LB I think he could offer some interesting options.

Not like Shawn is some great cover Safety.

Never made plays like Fej did on Sunday either, atleast not since the Pig interception.

I believe Fej won himself a starting gig and he is the better option alongside Bates.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not like Shawn is some great cover Safety.

Never made plays like Fej did on Sunday either, atleast not since the Pig interception.

I believe Fej won himself a starting gig and he is the better option alongside Bates.

...no lol. Shawn Williams was actually an above average safety in the league last year but gets far more crap here than by football people.
Reply/Quote
I think he has been playing a lot better, since he cut his hair Racer...... Seriously though, he has always been one of those players that plays hard and not afraid to throw his body around. Kind of sparks a team too
Reply/Quote
I think Fej deserves a shot.

Is Williams gonna avoid suspension before Thurs, Night ?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think Fej deserves a shot.

Is Williams gonna avoid suspension before Thurs, Night ?

I believe since nothing came down yesterday for a Thursday night game he is clear. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...no lol. Shawn Williams was actually an above average safety in the league last year but gets far more crap here than by football people.

Lol no. Williams had a total of one pick , 3 PD and zero sacks last year. I’m pretty sure those arnt above average safety stats. No one here well Maybe Fred who defends every Bengal player ever thinks he’s above average. Start Fej!!! He was all over the place.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe since nothing came down yesterday for a Thursday night game he is clear. 

Correct, Marv said in his presser yesterday, the league had to let him know on Monday with it being a TNF game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:00 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol no.   Williams had a total of one pick , 3 PD and zero sacks last year.  I’m pretty sure those arnt above average safety stats.  No one here well Maybe Fred who defends every Bengal player ever thinks he’s above average.   Start Fej!!!   He was all over the place.

Playing safety is more than passes defended and interceptions. I get that is the high level macro most people look at, but it really isn't the end all. Fej blew one of his only deep responsibilities in coverage on Sunday, the hype here about this guy is out of control. It's the Rudy mentality everyone likes the try hard guy, but to act like he is better because he ran back a fumble he should have gone down with is hilarious. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Playing safety is more than passes defended and interceptions. I get that is the high level macro most people look at, but it really isn't the end all. Fej blew one of his only deep responsibilities in coverage on Sunday, the hype here about this guy is out of control. It's the Rudy mentality everyone likes the try hard guy, but to act like he is better because he ran back a fumble he should have gone down with is hilarious. 

While true, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that the guy could get better with more reps. The effort is clearly there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: While true, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that the guy could get better with more reps. The effort is clearly there.

Sure, but the ultimate try hard guy (Fej) you'd think would shine in practice right? Practice, where the starters are determined right? Yet here we are with Williams the starter and team captain by the way.  I don't know what their plan for him was before the ejection in terms of defensive reps, maybe it'll be more now but I think the team knows what he is.

Honestly he reminds me of Cedric Peerman. People always clamored for the guy who tried hard and was in on some gadget fake punts and coverage. There was a reason he never got a real look as a long term answer at HB.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...no lol. Shawn Williams was actually an above average safety in the league last year but gets far more crap here than by football people.

While i agree Shawn gets more crap than he deserves around here i still think Fej should get a shot to start.

That play won the game, haven't seen Shawn make a play like this since like i said the Pig interception years ago.

Fej should only get better in coverage with more snaps as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: While i agree Shawn gets more crap than he deserves around here i still think Fej should get a shot to start.

That play won the game, haven't seen Shawn make a play like this since like i said the Pig interception years ago.

Fej should only get better in coverage with more snaps as well.

He doesn’t blow the coverage and we don’t need that fumble recovery to win. One play doesn’t supplant a solid starter.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: He doesn’t blow the coverage and we don’t need that fumble recovery to win. One play doesn’t supplant a solid starter.

You're completely guessing that's what happened on that play and Fej was the one in the wrong, which I think is incorrect. If that's your basis for him not doing well in covering you seem to be wrong. There a reason Evan's turned and looked at Dre after the touchdown and not over at Fej. Either way, you have no idea what the actual coverage was or who's responsibility it was to be covering that section so blaming Fej like you are as fact just seems silly. 

Also, how long did William's have to sit behind someone before he became the starter? It's the exact same situation.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 01:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: He doesn’t blow the coverage and we don’t need that fumble recovery to win. One play doesn’t supplant a solid starter.

He was already almost half way to the other side of the field so I seriously doubt it was his responsibility. You might as well just go ahead and blame Williams for the missed coverage since he was on the sidelines in street clothes by then. 
Heck, I want perfect players at every position too, but unfortunately we live in an imperfect world and it's clearly all Marvin's and Austin's faults  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote