Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fej
I believe his full name is Clayton Fejedelem. I scouted him while watching Illinois. Yes, I may be the only person on the planet who watches Illinois football. That is where my Father went to school.

I remember watching a game where Fej literally made something like 7 consecutive tackles, and they were at all different points of the field. I didn't know if he was a LB or a safety at this point. The more I watched him, the more I liked him....very solid tackler, with good instincts.

Yesterday, I saw him make two really nice solo tackles. One was on the RB for a loss, and the other was on SS Sr to prevent a first down. Then, I didn't see him much after that. I know Shaw and Iloka played the majority of the time at the safety spots. It reminded me a bit of DeDe Dorsey, when he blocked a punt, picked up the loose ball and scored, and was promptly benched.

We will have none of that playmaking!!! Learn to play slow and conservative!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 09:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe his full name is Clayton Fejedelem.  I scouted him while watching Illinois.  Yes, I may be the only person on the planet who watches Illinois football.  That is where my Father went to school.

I remember watching a game where Fej literally made something like 7 consecutive tackles, and they were at all different points of the field.  I didn't know if he was a LB or a safety at this point.  The more I watched him, the more I liked him....very solid tackler, with good instincts.

Yesterday, I saw him make two really nice solo tackles.  One was on the RB for a loss, and the other was on SS Sr to prevent a first down.  Then, I didn't see him much after that.  I know Shaw and Iloka played the majority of the time at the safety spots.  It reminded me a bit of DeDe Dorsey, when he blocked a punt, picked up the loose ball and scored, and was promptly benched.  

I'm not getting excited about a safety for making tackles. Show me one covering deep and then I'll be excited.
Reply/Quote
He showed sound technical ability and appeared to be positioned properly in his snaps against Bal.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 10:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not getting excited about a safety for making tackles. Show me one covering deep and then I'll be excited.

Have you watched how the rest of the secondary tackles?  I wouldn't blame you if you turned your head, as it is painful to watch.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have you watched how the rest of the secondary tackles?  I wouldn't blame you if you turned your head, as it is painful to watch.  

I have, but it's a small sample size and I never got to see him in coverage. Safeties that can tackle are a dime a dozen (except maybe here), but you need ones that can cover. He may be a good player, but not going to get excited over a couple tackles in limited time. With that said, with all the injuries we have in our secondary we may get to see a lot more of him.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 10:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have, but it's a small sample size and I never got to see him in coverage. Safeties that can tackle are a dime a dozen (except maybe here), but you need ones that can cover. He may be a good player, but not going to get excited over a couple tackles in limited time. With that said, with all the injuries we have in our secondary we may get to see a lot more of him.

I guess I would take a safety that can tackle over a safety that can't tackle or cover....but I still put a lot of their struggles on their coach and their lack of pressure from the front four.  
Reply/Quote
http://www.scout.com/college/illinois/story/1650582-illini-pro-day-results-fejedelem-shines

Here's a link to his pro day results. I remember people saying Landon Collins was a little stiff and more of an in-the-box safety as well. I'm not putting him in the HOF, but I liked what I saw in very limited action. He's a tough SOB. I also liked the way after he stuffed the RB for a loss, one of the CBs (Dre, I think) came up and butted heads with him, all fired up...something we have seen very little of.
Reply/Quote
One of the problems with Marvin is that he will not play rookies.

No wonder Dennard has not developed- he has not played until;l recently.

Marvin and Mike brown are both in the football world of the 1970s or 1980s.

You do not draft someone in the first and second round for them to sit for two years.

What other team does that?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 09:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe his full name is Clayton Fejedelem.  I scouted him while watching Illinois.  Yes, I may be the only person on the planet who watches Illinois football.  That is where my Father went to school.

I remember watching a game where Fej literally made something like 7 consecutive tackles, and they were at all different points of the field.  I didn't know if he was a LB or a safety at this point.  The more I watched him, the more I liked him....very solid tackler, with good instincts.

Yesterday, I saw him make two really nice solo tackles.  One was on the RB for a loss, and the other was on SS Sr to prevent a first down.  Then, I didn't see him much after that.  I know Shaw and Iloka played the majority of the time at the safety spots.  It reminded me a bit of DeDe Dorsey, when he blocked a punt, picked up the loose ball and scored, and was promptly benched.  

I wanted to see him get some snaps this year just to see if he was capable and even though he didn't play a ton yesterday he was making plays along with Burkhead who deserves more snaps.
Reply/Quote
They brought back Coyle.. That in my mind was a huge mistake. The secondary last year was pretty darn good and only one guy that I'm aware of left, Nelson. Nelson wasn't the secondary coach, but the entire position group fell off as if they all got drunk after losing to Pitt and still have the hangover. in fact the entire team has played like they're still hungover.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what kind of safety he will turn in to, but I was impressed with his tackling. Shit, at this point move him to outside linebacker....
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:31 AM)bengals67 Wrote: One of the problems with Marvin is that he will not play rookies.

These guys disagree

Tyler Boyd
Jeremy Hill
Bodine
Eifert
Bernard
Zeitler
Green
Dalton
Greesham
Dunlap
Shipley
Maualuga
Keith Rivers
Reply/Quote
Saw Fej make two good plays, and then promptly go back onto the bench.
Just like how TJ looked good at C on that TD drive, and then promptly went back on the bench.
Just like Winston looked good on that TD drive, and then promptly went back on the bench until Og F'd up more, and was shoved back in to give up the final sack.

But we've seen this plenty before in the past. Cook over Robinson, Roland over Collins, Livings over Mathis, Geathers over Dunlap, Peko over anyone, Maualuga over Rey, etc.

It's nothing new, and will continue to happen unless the franchise massively changes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote