Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fellow Bengal Fans - Bad News
The future HOF'er QB of the hated Steelers wants to play another 3-5 years. Sorry for the bad news.Please don't kill the messenger!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/01/ben-roethlisberger-if-mason-rudolphs-the-guy-it-wont-be-for-a-while/
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm not proposing any ill will toward anyone. But, as we all know full and well, one good shot to the knee could change his mind in an instant.. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Let him try and play more years and try to show how tough he is because he'll end up playing injured and just hurt the team with his play.

All that while eating up 23 million in salary cap dollars and only making it harder and harder on his body to rape chicks in bars.

Rock on, Ben ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 08:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Let him try and play more years and try to show how tough he is because he'll end up playing injured and just hurt the team with his play.

All that while eating up 23 million in salary cap dollars and only making it harder and harder on his body to rape chicks in bars.

Rock on, Ben  ThumbsUp

Now thats the Brad I've come to know and love. Welcome back. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 08:21 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The future HOF'er QB of the hated Steelers wants to play another 3-5 years. Sorry for the bad news.Please don't kill the messenger!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/01/ben-roethlisberger-if-mason-rudolphs-the-guy-it-wont-be-for-a-while/

Seriously doesn't bother me at all.  He's been on and off about it.  Physically he says he can play 3-5 more but wasn't it just 1-2 years ago that he was seriously considering retiring?  He isn't Brady where he can look at his team no matter the shape and say "We can go to the Super Bowl".  

Back to back sub par years and he'll be gone.  Meanwhile he's getting slower and not quite as tough as he used to be.

So no doesn't bother me at all.  Better the devil you know at this point.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 07:49 AM)Stewy Wrote: Seriously doesn't bother me at all.  He's been on and off about it.  Physically he says he can play 3-5 more but wasn't it just 1-2 years ago that he was seriously considering retiring?  He isn't Brady where he can look at his team no matter the shape and say "We can go to the Super Bowl".  

Back to back sub par years and he'll be gone.  Meanwhile he's getting slower and not quite as tough as he used to be.

Yeah, but even if he's a little less than the Ben he's been, he has a LOT more to work with than he has had for most of his career.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 09:51 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, but even if he's a little less than the Ben he's been, he has a LOT more to work with than he has had for most of his career.

But he accomplished much more before that.  Go figure.  Of course defense helped a lot.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
.....until he gets that first hangnail and hobbles around for the cameras.... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 10:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....until he gets that first hangnail and hobbles around for the cameras.... Mellow

......or stubs his toe......
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Give the Steelers a few bad games on offense and the fans will be chanting for the red-nosed reindeer. It is difficult for players to know when to retire. Ben is no different.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 07:49 AM)Stewy Wrote: Seriously doesn't bother me at all.  He's been on and off about it.  Physically he says he can play 3-5 more but wasn't it just 1-2 years ago that he was seriously considering retiring?  He isn't Brady where he can look at his team no matter the shape and say "We can go to the Super Bowl".  

dude it was this last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 09:51 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, but even if he's a little less than the Ben he's been, he has a LOT more to work with than he has had for most of his career.
I wouldn't say most.  The Steeler defenses of the past are far better than what you have now.  So he has less to carry him.  But yes he has more pieces and tools.  Good line.  Good running game are a QB's best friends.

(05-02-2018, 09:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But he accomplished much more before that.  Go figure.  Of course defense helped a lot.  

He's gotten better with time.  No surprise there.  But the hill has a peak and another side.  When he crosses over it, his retirement is one or two consecutive bad seasons (Team or personal) away, even if he's playing well.  

All teams turn.  The Steeler's can't stay on the up swing forever.  I say enjoy it while it lasts.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude it was this last season.

Yeah I thought it was more recently, but didn't want to assume.  Kinda inconsistent of him.
Reply/Quote
I hope he does stay 5 more years. He lost a step this season. Would be good to give him some payback.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 08:21 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The future HOF'er QB of the hated Steelers wants to play another 3-5 years. Sorry for the bad news.Please don't kill the messenger!

Oh thank goodness. I was wondering what the league was going to do for a drama queen for the next couple of years....
Reply/Quote

Guys get older, skill sets and health degrade, actually not mad at all about this. Lets revisit this in two years when your old bum QB is chucking balls away because he cant outrun defenders and doesn't want to get hit in the knees.

And you wonder why we werent mad when Palmer forced his way out of Cincy.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 10:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: I wouldn't say most.  The Steeler defenses of the past are far better than what you have now.  So he has less to carry him.  But yes he has more pieces and tools.  Good line.  Good running game are a QB's best friends.

He's gotten better with time.  No surprise there.  But the hill has a peak and another side.  When he crosses over it, his retirement is one or two consecutive bad seasons (Team or personal) away, even if he's playing well.  

All teams turn.  The Steeler's can't stay on the up swing forever.  I say enjoy it while it lasts.

This is very true.  But the nice thing about being a Steeler fan is that their down swings are generally not that much worse than your up swings.  In the last 20 years, the ten worst Steeler season records include five winning seasons.  The ten best Bengal records that same time period only include two more.   
Reply/Quote
All you Bengal fans who are closet Big Ben lovers don't have to worry when Ben retires. He is a lock to to be one of the two senators from the state of Ohio. He will work his magic in congress like he did on the field. I'm happy for you all. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 05:35 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: All you Bengal fans who are closet Big Ben lovers don't have to worry when Ben retires. He is a lock to to be one of the two senators from the state of Ohio. He will work his magic in congress like he did on the field. I'm happy for you all.  ThumbsUp

Looking forward to watching Senator Roethlisberger resign due to another sex scandal in Congress.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 03:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: Looking forward to watching Senator Roethlisberger resign due to another sex scandal in Congress.

Hmm, you make a good point. I wonder if that thing he had going on with Stormy Daneils and that David Dennison guy will come back and haunt him.
Reply/Quote