Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feral cat populations
I've begun trapping cats with homemade box traps to catch , spay/neutering and release.. 
[Image: pmF22Wkyj]
TNR is a program most counties now have instead of euthanizing them. Most people don't want to kill feral cats and they do control rodents and other pests. So..to get them under control around here I'm trapping as many as I can and building traps for anyone who wants one so the county will pick them up to spay, neuter, give shots and release them. 
To bad I have a soft spot for them or I'd drown them , I don't want a gazillion more cats running around next year as well.. 4 down already with more to go.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've begun trapping cats with homemade box traps to catch , spay/neutering and release.. 
TNR is a program most counties now have instead of euthanizing them. Most people don't want to kill feral cats and they do control rodents and other pests. So..to get them under control around here I'm trapping as many as I can and building traps for anyone who wants one so the county will pick them up to spay, neuter, give shots and release them. 
To bad I have a soft spot for them or I'd drown them , I don't want a gazillion more cats running around next year as well.. 4 down already with more to go.. 

You’re an interesting person.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've begun trapping cats with homemade box traps to catch , spay/neutering and release.. 

Are you spay/neutering them yourself?  My G'pa used to catch cats on his farm and do the same thing.  He used to stick the heads down one of his boots and take out his sharp knife.  I guess that was just to the male cats....female cats I don't know what he did with.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 01:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: To bad I have a soft spot for them or I'd drown them ... 4 down already with more to go.. 

You may want to work on your phrasing. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Saw one of those a while back and had no idea what it was.

It was behind my favorite Chinese restaurant.

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Saw one of those a while back and had no idea what it was.

It was behind my favorite Chinese restaurant.

Nervous

I’ll have the Kung Pao Cat please. With a side of crab Rangoon’s.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:19 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’ll have the Kung Pao Cat please. With a side of crab Rangoon’s.

I always order the General Meow
Reply/Quote

There is a special place in heaven for you my friend. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Back when I lived in Dayton there was (probably still is) an Asian restaurant on 5th St. and a nasty rumor that they were serving cat meat. One of the drains clogged so some nitwit started spreading the rumor that the drain was clogged full of dead cat heads.. 
Of course it was a lie, but it hurt their business and nearly put them out of business. 
People can be really stupid . 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with eating some *****

EDIT.  damn filter ruined my joke.
Reply/Quote
Caught another last night and the poor thing has had to spend the entire day trapped . The county animal control department is closed on weekends so tomorrow morning is spaying day for this one .
It was  actually the first cat I trapped before I found out about the TNR program . I sprayed her down with the garden hose then released her, but she didn't learn anything. They don't get a 2nd chance. 
This particular cat had been the only stray coming by for something to eat for about a year, but sometime about a month ago she started attracting all the local tom cats and causing trouble with  Chairman Meow ..  No more cat fur to make kitten breeches.. 
That was something my dad used to say to me as a kid whenever I asked, 'Whats that for?'  
Cat fur to make kitten breeches..  

Reply/Quote