Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fickle Fickle Fickle Fans
Dalton stinks...

Play Finley

Bench Finley

Play Dalton

Wash, Rinse and Repeat

Listen this season has been over from the beginning. Dalton is done here, hes had his chance, Taylor puts in Finley to see if anything is there. Obviously hes a backup at best...but isn't that better than waiting till next year to find out? We need a number one draft QB next year.

And as unpopular it is to say this, I want them to tank out the rest of the season for a number one draft position next year. Lewis would have wins at the end of horrible seasons and all it would do is drop us in the draft and give Mike Brown hope and ammunition to say we have something going into next season and we never did. In my opinion it was a negative.

No coach is going to come in here with a team lacking in every category and pull out wins. Everyone cried to blow it up and rebuild, well this is what its like..

and expect next year not to be much better, maybe 6 wins at best....
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Dalton stinks...

Play Finley

Bench Finley

Play Dalton

Wash, Rinse and Repeat

Listen this season has been over from the beginning. Dalton is done here, hes had his chance, Taylor puts in Finley to see if anything is there. Obviously hes a backup at best...but isn't that better than waiting till next year to find out? We need a number one draft QB next year.

And as unpopular it is to say this, I want them to tank out the rest of the season for a number one draft position next year. Lewis would have wins at the end of horrible seasons and all it would do is drop us in the draft and give Mike Brown hope and ammunition to say we have something going into next season and we never did. In my opinion it was a negative.

No coach is going to come in here with a team lacking in every category and pull out wins. Everyone cried to blow it up and rebuild, well this is what its like..

LOL

You want to bring a #1 draft pick QB into THIS team? You'll be calling for his replacement by 2022.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Dalton stinks...

Play Finley

Bench Finley

Play Dalton

Wash, Rinse and Repeat

Except this team was in win now mode...not rebuild mode.

Teams that rebuild like the Dolphins trade players for picks. This team thought they'd make the playoffs this year going into the season.

The coaching has been HORRIBLE and made players regress on both sides of the ball.

Win now mode and we're 0-11.
Reply/Quote
Geno is old, I'm sorry, coaching can't make a "superstar" look bad. Superstars don't allow that.

I agree, we need to trade #1 for multiple first round picks. We're going nowhere anytime soon. Welcome to the bottom of the barrel, only way is up.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Geno is old, I'm sorry, coaching can't make a "superstar" look bad. Superstars don't allow that.

I agree, we need to trade #1 for multiple first round picks. We're going nowhere anytime soon. Welcome to the bottom of the barrel, only way is up.

Dude...you trade out of the Top pick for lower picks and they will whiff.

It's few and far between the teams that are able to do that and make it work.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:23 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

You want to bring a #1 draft pick QB into THIS team? You'll be calling for his replacement by 2022.

You're being especially generous tonight. I'd probably give him at least 3 preseason games next season sometime..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Benching Dalton to play Finley served a purpose:
To see what Finley has.

We now know what Finley has:
Nothing.

Now we don't care who's QB because it literally doesn't matter. Joe Burrow is our QB in 2020. Whether or not we start him from day 1 is now the only question remaining regarding our QB position.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Geno is old, I'm sorry, coaching can't make a "superstar" look bad. Superstars don't allow that.

When was the last time he wrecked a game? Heard Dunlap's name a few times, for the first time in awhile, today. Had 2.5 sacks or something this season...that is so sad. XFL will have a more noteworthy roster.Know how they have the Top 100 players each year. Would get a few Bengals. Not sure if one would make the Top 250 this year. A special teamer maybe. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:23 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

It all starts with the QB, then O-Line and D-Line..

We need a QB...

Bengals aren't very good with their 1st round draft choices on OL...
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Except this team was in win now mode...not rebuild mode.

Teams that rebuild like the Dolphins trade players for picks. This team thought they'd make the playoffs this year going into the season.

The coaching has been HORRIBLE and made players regress on both sides of the ball.

Win now mode and we're 0-11.

how could we win with that OL? Bengals did nothing to change that and made it worse with their decision making. Its the Bengals way with no trading and sly moves..the front office isn't that good we all know that no matter who the HC is..
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Benching Dalton to play Finley served a purpose:
To see what Finley has.

We now know what Finley has:
Nothing.

Now we don't care who's QB because it literally doesn't matter. Joe Burrow is our QB in 2020. Whether or not we start him from day 1 is now the only question remaining regarding our QB position.

Exactly glad we found that out in a horrible season then wait to find out next year..
Reply/Quote
I stated that Ryan Finley was a questionable pick and that his throwing velocity reminded me of high school QBs.  Don't come crying to this fickle fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:49 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I stated that Ryan Finley was a questionable pick and that his throwing velocity reminded me of high school QBs.  Don't come crying to this fickle fan.

Fine but only if you keep that Bildo Saggins away from me... deal?  LOL
Reply/Quote
But it is all Daltons fault so says some of the lame ass experts on this board. Hell yes Bengal fans are so clueless I swear they live in Cleveland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:58 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: But it is all Daltons fault so says some of the lame ass experts on this board.  Hell yes Bengal fans are so clueless I swear they live in Cleveland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Your low self-esteem is showing. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

That's what Gruden did and a good idea, and maybe bribe some team with good drafting record for their list.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
The squeelers rudolph is probably better than finley and what do they squeelers do in their second half adjustment, bring in their 3rd string QB, score and win the game. wow
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: It all starts with the QB, then O-Line and D-Line..

We need a QB...

The Colts thought it all started with the QB too. Then they fixed the lines. The problem was the QB got the shit beat out of him to the point that organs were getting lacerated... He quit this past summer.

It starts in the trenches, and we are sorely lacking there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:34 PM)GodFather Wrote:
It all starts with the QB, then O-Line and D-Line..

We need a QB...

This is what is wrong with football fans.  A lot of fans think it "starts" with the QB.  That is patently false and why the Browns are so bad.  Even with a QB the Browns aren't all that great. 

No, it actually starts with the Ownership having a desire to win and compete.  Then possibly a GM (I am not of the opinion that a GM is needed), but definitely the Coaching staff.  The HC needs to have enough acumen to bring in the right OC, DC and STs coordinators.  Then working with them they need to bring in the right coaches for each position group.

Notice I said the right coaches and not the best coaches.  The right coaches understand your philosophy and will work and communicate with the coordinators to ensure that the team is prepared for whatever they may face.  The best coaches are great at motivating the players but may not understand the philosophy or try to undermine it.  It is OK if the coach has a different philosophy but if they undermine the HC's philosophy then it leads to bad things happening.

After all of that, you live and die by the trenches.  The OLine is the most important cog followed by the DLine.  A good/great OLine (that is properly coached) will make every other position better.  A great QB will make the OLine look better, but it won't translate to wins, but more "spectacular" plays by the QB going off script.

The only reason fans think we need a QB is because they thought Dalton was terrible.  Then the way the organization handled his benching has many thinking that Dalton will not play for us.  Again this is wrong.  Dalton would play for us, but ZT has to swallow his pride, call him in for a talk and sincerely apologize for they way everything was handled and then recommit to having Dalton as the QB.  Of course we all know that isn't going to happen and so fans are hoping that we grab a QB with our 1st pick.  These fans think we will all of a sudden be competitive, but the truth is that we will have a shiny new QB, but will still be losing games due to the above not being addressed 1st.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: how could we win with that OL? Bengals did nothing to change that and made it worse with their decision making. Its the Bengals way with no trading and sly moves..the front office isn't that good we all know that no matter who the HC is..

We absolutely could have won 3-4 games with this offensive line. When these QB's get throws, they miss them. Or the guys aren't open.

Heck 3rd and 10 we run a screen pass or 3 yard pass constantly. It's as if we aren't trying to win.

As far as the line...sign Conklin and Scherff in the offseason...NO MATTER WHAT THE COST...and the line is fixed.
Reply/Quote