Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fickle Fickle Fickle Fans
(11-25-2019, 07:21 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: You really think this team that I have said for weeks will go 0-16 this season will win 6 games next year???  Mellow

I said 6 games at best big guy!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There was no tape on this offense and defense that 1st game. Once there was, our scheme could be easily exploited.

I suspect that the players know the coaches are sub-par.

The actual plays have gone vanilla since that game. That game they ran different formation to keep the Seahawks passing and not running the ball. After that, what happened to that defense? 

Ross decline in play came from the coaches changing how they used him. 

Bengals failures this season is all from bad coaching decisions. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:56 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: The actual plays have gone vanilla since that game. That game they ran different formation to keep the Seahawks passing and not running the ball. After that, what happened to that defense? 

Ross decline in play came from the coaches changing how they used him. 

Bengals failures this season is all from bad coaching decisions. 

Indeed. And that's what some people don't get.

Are we a playoff roster? No.

But, we shouldn't be an 0-11 team either.

Bad coaching makes things look bleak everywhere.
Reply/Quote
I remember being excited to see Jonah Williams start at LT and Glenn move to G. With Hopkins playing well, the OL couldve been a good bit better with that alone. I also expected Price would be more than he is and we'd have Boling and Redmond. Hart was my biggest worry at one point, but it fell completely apart to the point we had people like John Jerry at LT. I mean seriously we have a line madeup of mostly 3rd string caliber players except Hopkins. To their credit the coaches drafted the best LT in the draft. You cant predict what happened. On defense I didnt expect Preston Brown to show up to camp overweight and completely suck either. I thought he was going to come in in better shape and better than last year. Nope. Vigil showed some flashes last year before he got hurt. I was hoping he would show up on fire. He's the second coming of Caleb Miller at best. Geno is getting old and so is Dunlap. We need youth and talent on both lines, and we need some freaking LBs badly. No coach can win with this roster. Im not saying I am impressed with the coaching staff, but I would like to see what they can do with an NFL caliber roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: I respectfully disagree.....anytime an offensive lineman gets knocked flat on his ass.....several times.... that's on him, and him alone. That's candy ass.

The run game today was MUCH improved from the first Stooler game.

No doubt that Price has to play better.  My point was that Price's struggles are also due to the coaching.  I also think the roulette on the OLine is a cause to Price's failures.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:30 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: No doubt that Price has to play better.  My point was that Price's struggles are also due to the coaching.  I also think the roulette on the OLine is a cause to Price's failures.

I watched the offensive line against the Steelers last week and Billy Price did a fair job at left guard; it wasn't great but it was better and I think having Cordy Glenn at left tackle helped Price, especially pass blocking.  Speaking of Cordy Glenn, I'm not sure if you heard him interviewed after the game but he said something I liked: "Mixin' it up with the Steelers is FUN!" 

Maybe that's what's been missing in Cincinnati; the joy of the game.  Maybe -- yes, I know it's a baseball analogy -- the Bengals need the Pete Rose mindset of playing the game because they love it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 11:33 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I watched the offensive line against the Steelers last week and Billy Price did a fair job at left guard; it wasn't great but it was better and I think having Cordy Glenn at left tackle helped Price, especially pass blocking.  Speaking of Cordy Glenn, I'm not sure if you heard him interviewed after the game but he said something I liked: "Mixin' it up with the Steelers is FUN!" 

Maybe that's what's been missing in Cincinnati; the joy of the game.  Maybe -- yes, I know it's a baseball analogy -- the Bengals need the Pete Rose mindset of playing the game because they love it. 

In one of the more recent Johnny Bench interviews when asked about Pete as a team mate Johnny said something along the lines of "that guy would run through a fire in a suit soaked with gasoline to play baseball"

Passion like Pete had is contagious and you can't underestimate it's impact on a team whatever the sport. And Pete brought it every day no matter the circumstances !

We need a Pete on this team for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:30 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: No doubt that Price has to play better.  My point was that Price's struggles are also due to the coaching.  I also think the roulette on the OLine is a cause to Price's failures.

I thought our line coach last year was supposed to be top notch?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I still go back to the fact that we could buy an offensive line in free agency IF willing...and it will cost A LOT.

Sign Conklin at Tackle and Scherff at Guard and draft Burrow. Waive Glenn. Retain Hopkins.

Line: Conklin/Scherff/Hopkins/Miller/Williams <--- Top 10 line.

Draft Burrow in the 1st Round and his WR from LSU Jefferson in the 2nd. Tag and trade Green.

It's possible to rebuild this in a year with the RIGHT MOVES.

Didn't Troy Blackburn say you can't go down to Wal-Mart and get Olinemen off the rack or some such a thing as the front offices' excuse to resign Bobby Hart? I have no faith whatsoever that this front office can make the RIGHT MOVES.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:04 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Didn't Troy Blackburn say you can't go down to Wal-Mart and get Olinemen off the rack or some such a thing as the front offices' excuse to resign Bobby Hart? I have no faith whatsoever that this front office can make the RIGHT MOVES.

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:04 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Didn't Troy Blackburn say you can't go down to Wal-Mart and get Olinemen off the rack or some such a thing as the front offices' excuse to resign Bobby Hart? I have no faith whatsoever that this front office can make the RIGHT MOVES.

(11-27-2019, 01:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes.

He also said he was a big fan of the Lucy Charms leprechaun, hence the reason why they drafted Finley...
Reply/Quote