Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Yates About FA Spending!
This is an INCREDIBLE stat! It's almost UNBELIEVABLE that Zac has the biggest tight ass in the universe, Mike Brown, opening his wallet!

Quote:Over the past five offseasons, the Bengals invested a total of $49.98M on unrestricted free agents that didn't previously play for the team.

This offseason, they've spent $127M+ on such free agents already.

A new and welcomed approach in Cincinnati.

That's AMAZING! I was a Marvin defender and I always said he had more freedom than people give him credit for, which Mike Brown even said, but Taylor comes in with a plan and actual knowledge of how to build a complete team and he starts making things happen!

The future looks VERY BRIGHT!

Let's just hope that this Winecoolervirus doesn't wipe out the entire season or offseason!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 07:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is an INCREDIBLE stat!  It's almost UNBELIEVABLE that Zac has the biggest tight ass in the universe, Mike Brown, opening his wallet!

That's AMAZING!  I was a Marvin defender and I always said he had more freedom than people give him credit for, which Mike Brown even said, but Taylor comes in with a plan and actual knowledge of how to build a complete team and he starts making things happen!

The future looks VERY BRIGHT!

Let's just hope that this Winecoolervirus doesn't wipe out the entire season or offseason!

It is mind blowing. To get Reader who is probably the youngest up and coming NT in the NFL, Waynes a very good boundary CB,
Bell a tackling machine, Alexander a tackling machine and from Viking's fans was their best CB, Bynes from the Ratbirds who is a 
great tackler and very smart to help our young backers, Sims and Mike Thomas to add to ST's is just a crazy amount to spend to 
improve both Defense and ST's. This isn't even talking about XSF who ***** slapped Fletcher Cox to the ground last year at LG.

Draft Offense following Burrow to help keep this Defense fresh and we are on the up and up no question. Tiger Joe
Reply/Quote
Yeah this offseason makes me wonder if it was Marvin all those years not wanting to go get after it. I could honestly see it. He's about as stuffy and boring as they come. Zac is obviously bringing change with him.

Best offseason ever imo.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know if we’re going to win in 2020, but the very fact that they’re putting forth money like this makes me hope things might finally be changing. I freely admit, I never saw this coming.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 08:54 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t know if we’re going to win in 2020, but the very fact that they’re putting forth money like this makes me hope things might finally be changing. I freely admit, I never saw this coming.

They make a big deal out of announcing they were gonna be active .  The first couple days go by and we all think damn, deja vu all over again.  And then...Boom. 

And then they go into a pause and we figure it's been great but it's over and we're still happy.

And then they launch into another round.  Staggering.

If ever there was a year where OTA's and such would really matter, this would be it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 09:01 PM)McC Wrote: They make a big deal out of announcing they were gonna be active .  The first couple days go by and we all think damn, deja vu all over again.  And then...Boom. 

And then they go into a pause and we figure it's been great but it's over and we're still happy.

If ever there was a year where OTA's and such would really matter, this would be it.

This seems different, though, because, as I said, Taylor seems to have knowledge of how the modern NFL works and how to build a roster.

Marvin was a great defensive coordinator for a D that was stacked with talent, but he had no knowledge of how to build a roster or form a team to play with under his mindset.  Taylor has a vision and he's going out to make things happen.  That lack of vision also rings true with his lack of game-planning and in-game adjustments.  

It recently came out that Palmer left because he wanted Mike Brown to modernize things and Mike made some promises and didn't follow through, and it sounds like Taylor's taking the reigns and bringing us out of the stone ages.

Like I said, I'm excited, especially because I'm stuck in my place with nothing to do but type to myself.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 09:01 PM)McC Wrote: They make a big deal out of announcing they were gonna be active .  The first couple days go by and we all think damn, deja vu all over again.  And then...Boom. 

They ARE very unpredictable for once, love it man. Cool
Reply/Quote

I have egg all over my face and I’m happy about it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 08:44 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah this offseason makes me wonder if it was Marvin all those years not wanting to go get after it. I could honestly see it. He's about as stuffy and boring as they come. Zac is obviously bringing change with him.

Best offseason ever imo.

Looking back in a few years, I think we will all see this as the best off-season in Bengals history. I mean, we haven't even drafted Burrow yet--let alone picks 2-7. This will be a monumental turn-around.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:37 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Looking back in a few years, I think we will all see this as the best off-season in Bengals history. I mean, we haven't even drafted Burrow yet--let alone picks 2-7. This will be a monumental turn-around.

Sure hope so, the coaching will definitely have to be up to par over the next few years to see this come to fruition.

Couldn't make much better moves to set yourself up going into a Draft with the best QB in college history staring you in the face 
all the while dealing with a Draft with insanely deep Offensive talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope so, the coaching will definitely have to be up to par over the next few years to see this come to fruition.

Couldn't make much better moves to set yourself up going into a Draft with the best QB in college history staring you in the face 
all the while dealing with a Draft with insanely deep Offensive talent.

If they were smart enough to get these player moves right, I think they will figure out the play-calling part. 

Everything is just going our way right now. Great preparation by the coaching staff. Just need to keep at it. Keep improving. Keep getting better.

Dodge this Corona Virus and get to work.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:45 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: If they were smart enough to get these player moves right, I think they will figure out the play-calling part. 

Everything is just going our way right now. Great preparation by the coaching staff. Just need to keep at it. Keep improving. Keep getting better.

Dodge this Corona Virus and get to work.

It WOULD be utterly stunning to see a team make these many great moves and not know how to use the players they have added
to go along with Joe Burrow and the first pick in every round of the Draft. Spot on, dodge that shit, be responsible and lets GO!!!

Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of wondering if the reason why Mikey is dolling out the $$$ is his age. Perhaps before he goes to his ancestral home, he wants to see a playoffs win or two or more...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'm kind of wondering if the reason why Mikey is dolling out the $$$ is his age.  Perhaps before he goes to his ancestral home, he wants to see a playoffs win or two or more...

Think we have been thinking the same for a few years.

The CBA change could be apart of it as could this reason.

Good to see you again Eaton BTW.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals usually sign their own. The problem the last couple of years is that they've drafted so poorly, that few of their own deserve re-signed. Thus they had a lot of money freed up and spent it on guys from outside of the organization.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:28 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: The Bengals usually sign their own.  The problem the last couple of years is that they've drafted so poorly, that few of their own deserve re-signed.  Thus they had a lot of money freed up and spent it on guys from outside of the organization.

Which is extremely refreshing to see...
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon folks.. I knew they were gonna do this. I just predicted it just this afternoon in my magical hindsight prediction machine.. 
What? You don't believe me? Would I lie to my favorite bunch of Bengals fans anywhere? Nervous 

So ok..I lied, but I still wanna tell you all about my magical hindsight prediction machine. It works like this.. In hindsight I'm gonna predict I just made up a thing called my magical hindsight prediction machine.. See how that works? Magical, huh? Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I hope we sign DE Adrian Clayborn, hes cheap and somewhat productive.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
When i said this FA period was like an Advent calendar i had no idea it would actually last a long as advent, with a new move(s) every day for weeks. Never saw this coming from a Mike Brown led FO.
Kudos. Clearly the entire team devoted a lot of work developing a FA draft board, if you will, and executed it very well.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Been saying for years, begging for years, fill your needs in free agency and draft the BPA....

finally, someone is trying something different
Reply/Quote