Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field Yates About FA Spending!
Maybe he's looking at FA as a better investment than the stock market right now?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 08:44 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah this offseason makes me wonder if it was Marvin all those years not wanting to go get after it. I could honestly see it. He's about as stuffy and boring as they come. Zac is obviously bringing change with him.

Best offseason ever imo.

Doubt it. I think it was how poorly they team has played last few years, especially last year. Being as bad as they were last year had to be the lowest of low points for them, and the fan backing all but solidified that. It would be utterly dumb for them to sit on their hands after watching what we've all watched. They want to make money, we want to watch a competent team, they realized massive, sweeping change was in order. I applaud them for being self-aware enough to change the way they've approached building a team vs previous years. I hope they keep this up from now on.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What I have taken from our FA signings is, Zac and the staff identified that our biggest problem on the team which was defending the run and went out and fixed it without having to rely on the draft.
This will give any young later round picks time to come in and get settled before getting thrown into the team.
Don't get me wrong, I want to see us having a great draft also but I didn't want to have to rely on possibley 5 or 6 of the picks going straight into the team.
I also get the feeling that this FA spending is another sign that Old Mike has finally, once and for all, handed the purse strings over to Katie & Duke who will fully back Zac's decisions as he was their pick for HC and they don't want to see him fail
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:03 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I hope we sign DE Adrian Clayborn, hes cheap and somewhat productive.

I like Clayborn. Still would like Jason Peters the best and I heard we are having talks with him.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'm kind of wondering if the reason why Mikey is dolling out the $$$ is his age.  Perhaps before he goes to his ancestral home, he wants to see a playoffs win or two or more...

I did comment about this in a previous post.

He wants to turn this team over to Katie. But doesnt want to give her a poor team. I think that is one big reason he stuck with Marvin for so long. He believed in him, they tried. But it just didnt work. Some bad drafts and the high coaching turnover ruined Marvin. They couldnt keep up. So that's where we are now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 04:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I did comment about this in a previous post.

He wants to turn this team over to Katie. But doesnt want to give her a poor team. I think that is one big reason he stuck with Marvin for so long. He believed in him, they tried. But it just didnt work. Some bad drafts and the high coaching turnover ruined Marvin. They couldnt keep up. So that's where we are now.

Makes sense Mike.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 04:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I did comment about this in a previous post.

I didn't think about that but it makes sense.  

I also think that he wants to win one (or at least make a run at it) before he turns it over to her and he doesn't care about money at this point so he's just saying "let's go all-in."
Reply/Quote