Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field at Paycor
(03-30-2023, 03:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:  Yeah the same league that added Thursday games, 17th game and now allows a team to play 2 Thursday games to appease Amazon.  Player $afety front and center.     Tongue

Agree completely that this is the only safety the NFL cares about
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Every field in the league should be the same & all northern fields should be heated to eliminate snow. Easy peasy.
Get rid of the god awful Hines (or whatever it is) field turf.
Reply/Quote
I remember after the OBJ injury during the Super Bowl there was talk of a movement aimed at compelling the league to go to 100% grass. I haven't crunched the numbers and don't specialize in sports science. It's an interesting topic that should be explored. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 05:48 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I trust the players and their union far more than GODell

Requiring teams to play 2 thursday games ( or really any) shows that money is way more important than player safety.

Why would you trust the NFLPA? They give half truths, poor takes, and are hypocritical all of the time. See most of Richardsons take, crap about the field which is unfounded, or the stuff a couple weeks ago with the Bengals supposedly try to stop workers comp. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 05:54 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I remember after the OBJ injury during the Super Bowl there was talk of a movement aimed at compelling the league to go to 100% grass. I haven't crunched the numbers and don't specialize in sports science. It's an interesting topic that should be explored. 

It has been. I'm pretty sure most research shows there's it's not statistical significant difference between the services. I think each has various injuries which a they're better/worse for. 
Reply/Quote
Players from the 70s/80s are probably laughing at this
The turf on those dome/multi-purpose stadiums were like playing in the parking lot.
How many careers did Riverfront, Three Rivers, the Astrodome etc end back then?

Still if there’s safer stuff available go with it. But they need independent companies to do these tests.
Reply/Quote