Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Callahan
Bill Callahan is expected to take the job of OL coach for the Cleveland Browns

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/20/report-browns-are-expected-to-hire-bill-callahan/

It looks like the Browns will have a top assistant with head coaching experience working under Kevin Stefanski in his first year as the boss in Cleveland.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Bill Callahan is expected to take a job on the Browns staff as the offensive line coach. Callahan has done that job for the Jets, Cowboys and Washington over the last 12 years and has also held offensive coordinator and assistant head coach titles over that span.

He also served as the interim head coach in Washington for the final 11 games of this season. He went 3-8 and was 15-17 over two seasons as the Raiders head coach. Callahan also was the head coach at the University of Nebraska from 2004-2007.

The Browns are also expected to hire Joe Woods as their defensive coordinator, although that will have to wait a couple of weeks for the 49ers defensive backs coach and defensive passing game coordinator to wrap up his current responsibilities.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 07:23 PM)pally Wrote: Bill Callahan is expected to take the job of OL coach for the Cleveland Browns

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/20/report-browns-are-expected-to-hire-bill-callahan/

It looks like the Browns will have a top assistant with head coaching experience working under Kevin Stefanski in his first year as the boss in Cleveland.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Bill Callahan is expected to take a job on the Browns staff as the offensive line coach. Callahan has done that job for the Jets, Cowboys and Washington over the last 12 years and has also held offensive coordinator and assistant head coach titles over that span.

He also served as the interim head coach in Washington for the final 11 games of this season. He went 3-8 and was 15-17 over two seasons as the Raiders head coach. Callahan also was the head coach at the University of Nebraska from 2004-2007.

The Browns are also expected to hire Joe Woods as their defensive coordinator, although that will have to wait a couple of weeks for the 49ers defensive backs coach and defensive passing game coordinator to wrap up his current responsibilities.

LOL

Well, we'll see who comes out on top! While I think he is a very good coach, I don't see anyone doing anything with the crappy talent they have (outside of Bitonio, who is overrated).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t get it. We’re all about nepotism and cronyism under Taylor, but this hire would be an absolute no-brainer, and we let the Browns get him?

SMDH

Reply/Quote
It's been a disappointing offseason outside of Burrow.

Great move by the Browns.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t get it. We’re all about nepotism and cronyism under Taylor, but this hire would be an absolute no-brainer, and we let the Browns get him?

SMDH

Hmm But maybe Zac only wants the cronies and relatives who can't challenge his authority or take his job from him? Hmm
Reply/Quote
It's possible Bill didnt want to step on his son's toes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 10:22 PM)Synric Wrote: It's possible Bill didnt want to step on his son's toes.

Better than working for a division rival.

Reply/Quote
This is a surprising move to me. Rumors swirled last year that the Bengals almost gave a draft pick to Washington for him. Now he's available and we let him walk. I have to wonder if he wanted the OL job and Zac wouldn't remove Turner.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Well this is disappointing . One of the few things I want the team to do this off-season is add some experience to the coaching staff and this was one of if not the only person I thought they’d get it done with.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 08:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's been a disappointing offseason outside of Burrow.

Great move by the Browns.

burrow aint wearing strips yet...

browns usually win the offseason... But that has resulted in 1 winning season over the last 2 decades.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 01:14 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well this is disappointing . One of the few things I want the team to do this off-season is add some experience to the coaching staff and this was one of if not the only person I thought they’d get it done with.

but would it be a lazy hire as hes family of one of our other coaches...  Didn't we want to stop the nepotism?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: burrow aint wearing strips yet...

browns usually win the offseason...  But that has resulted in 1 winning season over the last 2 decades.

How do they win in the offseason if it does not translate.. sounds like these hires have not worked out
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 07:23 PM)pally Wrote: Bill Callahan is expected to take the job of OL coach for the Cleveland Browns

look about like our new Defensive back hire. alot of experience but not much winning
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: burrow aint wearing strips yet...

browns usually win the offseason... But that has resulted in 1 winning season over the last 2 decades.

Yes, but with a RB like Chubb even a slight improvement to their OL will be trouble...

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but would it be a lazy hire as hes family of one of our other coaches...  Didn't we want to stop the nepotism?

I don't care we need some actual experience somewhere in the coaching staff and I don't see them getting it elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don't care we need some actual experience somewhere in the coaching staff and I don't see them getting it elsewhere.

I guess Mike Sherman is still a possibility, but it kind of feels like if it was going to happen, it would have happened already.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 07:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL

Well, we'll see who comes out on top! While I think he is a very good coach, I don't see anyone doing anything with the crappy talent they have (outside of Bitonio, who is overrated).

Yeah, but Bill was going to come here and make our crappy line into a top notch unit!!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but would it be a lazy hire as hes family of one of our other coaches...  Didn't we want to stop the nepotism?

It's called, a can't win situation.. If only we had hired all the NFL ready GMs on this board...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 03:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don't care we need some actual experience somewhere in the coaching staff and I don't see them getting it elsewhere.

DB Coach has tons of experience that we just hired...
Reply/Quote

well if they wanted experience they hired the wrong guy last year.
Reply/Quote