Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film breakdown -- Colts game
Second Half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va3oe2E91UI

First Half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neMAkH5S7-g
Reply/Quote
The point about the X receiver might as well not even take the field because he has done nothing to generate separation is 100% accurate. Now, we saw what Malone did, outstriding Vontae Davis and getting the TD. Core and Ross can do the same. Lafell should be the slot in rotation with Erickson and NOTHING ELSE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The point about the X receiver might as well not even take the field because he has done nothing to generate separation is 100% accurate.  Now, we saw what Malone did, outstriding Vontae Davis and getting the TD.  Core and Ross can do the same.  Lafell should be the slot in rotation with Erickson and NOTHING ELSE.

I've noticed that as well. I remember when Marvin Jones was on that side he'd always take deep shots and was very successful. 
Reply/Quote
They also make an interesting point about the tackles making mental errors and how not taking every rep may play into that.  Good stuff Corner. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: They also make an interesting point about the tackles making mental errors and how not taking every rep may play into that.  Good stuff Corner. ThumbsUp

I've wondered if that might be a big problem.   You have to know what the other guy is going to do.   We've had a rotation at right guard which probably exacerbates the problem with stunts, etc.

Though frankly Bodine never seems to know what to do and so often makes really bad decisions.  His biggest problem appears to be between his ears - Likewise with Og and Fisher.   It's just a dumpster fire up there.  No one knows what they are doing.

Aside from the fact that the tackles really struggle with bull rushes, and (I've heard but don't really know) they have technique issues by far the biggest problem seems to be they just don't know what they are doing.
Reply/Quote
"Jagwires."

Really? People still don't know how to speak English properly?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 07:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: "Jagwires."

There are like a hundred different English dialects each one sounds slightly different.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 04:36 PM)3wt Wrote: I've wondered if that might be a big problem.   You have to know what the other guy is going to do.   We've had a rotation at right guard which probably exacerbates the problem with stunts, etc.

Though frankly Bodine never seems to know what to do and so often makes really bad decisions.  His biggest problem appears to be between his ears - Likewise with Og and Fisher.   It's just a dumpster fire up there.  No one knows what they are doing.

Aside from the fact that the tackles really struggle with bull rushes, and (I've heard but don't really know) they have technique issues by far the biggest problem seems to be they just don't know what they are doing.

Wow, where have you been?  Royal Redlegs and several others have hosted complete threads, complete with videos, breakdown of what happened, analysis on what was wrong in regard to OL.  Would be worth your while to search them up, and read for yourself.

Essentially, the Tackles have no technique to speak of, and after reaching his apex in 2015, Bodine has continued to regress.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 07:33 PM)Synric Wrote: There are like a hundred different English dialects each one sounds slightly different.

lol

No dialect on the planet matters if you call a "jag-wuar," a, "jag-wy-er."

That's simply not knowing how to speak English.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol

I hear Jagwire alot more than jagwyer. Of course most people here say crick instead of creek. Different area different dialect.

PS: Ohio is actually supposed to be the only state with perfect dialect and without an accent so actors are supposed to study it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No offense CB, but these guys suck. I wonder what program they are working and how they get each play? I would like to know how to get that. Would be cool to sit and break it down each week.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol

Well truck, actual English folk pronounce it Jag-You-Uh...so maybe we're all wrong.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 09:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well truck, actual English folk pronounce it Jag-You-Uh...so maybe we're all wrong.  Ninja

More like, "Jag-you-ah, " if we want to be technical Ninja

At the very least, at least the pronunciation pertains to the spelling!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 09:47 PM)Synric Wrote: I hear Jagwire alot more than jagwyer. Of course most people here say crick instead of creek. Different area different dialect.

PS: Ohio is actually supposed to be the only state with perfect dialect and without an accent so actors are supposed to study it.

1. loling hard at crick LOL
2. I never knew that, that is quite cool!

And yes, the Ohians do speak English quite well, in my experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 07:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: "Jagwires."

IKR!

It's obviously pronounced, JAG you ahhhhhhhhhh.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 09:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: More like, "Jag-you-ah, " if we want to be technical Ninja

At the very least, at least the pronunciation pertains to the spelling!

Dammit! This is the drawback of refusing to read through a thread before replying. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dammit! This is the drawback of refusing to read through a thread before replying. 

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, where have you been?  Royal Redlegs and several others have hosted complete threads, complete with videos, breakdown of what happened, analysis on what was wrong in regard to OL.  Would be worth your while to search them up, and read for yourself.

Essentially, the Tackles have no technique to speak of, and after reaching his apex in 2015, Bodine has continued to regress.

I have read some of the stuff.  Royal said he thought that Fisher made some progress making adjustments to poor technique, but that Og just makes the same technique failure over and over since college.   Both Og and Bodine get both overwhelmed physically.  Og tends to do better with athletic players, but guys like Suggs just flat out destroy him with a bull rush.   And he and Bodine just flat out do not know what to do with stunts of any kind. They almost always make the wrong decision.  It does not seem like it's just technique.  They just flat out do not have the band width to know who to block and what to do 
Reply/Quote