Poll: PICK THREE
Chykie Brown
Dennard
William Jackson
Fejedelem
Darius Hillary
Tony Mcrae
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final 3 DBs
I count 7 locks at DB

Pac
Dre
Iloka
Shawn Williams
Josh Shaw
Derron Smith
Lewis-Harris

That leaves either 2 or 3 more roster spots.  I am pretty sure we keep 10.  So vote for the final 3 you think will make the cut.

I know a lot depends on the health of Dennard and Jackson, and none of us know for sure how close they are to playing, but just vote the way you fell it will shake out.
Reply/Quote
Dennard is a lock as well. Jackson will go on IR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:35 AM)J24 Wrote: Dennard is a lock as well. Jackson will go on IR.

This is what I think as well.

Jackson on IR opens up a spot for Brown.
Reply/Quote
roll with 9
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:14 PM)TGISunday Wrote: roll with 9

Not with Dennard still hurting.  I love Shaw's versatility, but we need another CB for opening day.

Maybe later in the season we will go with 9, but not now.
Reply/Quote
My choices for final DBs are Fred, Fred, and Fred.

Ninja
- - - - - - - - - - - -

But more seriously, Will Jack is almost 100% going on the IR. Leaving Dennard, Fej, and probably McRea. Unless someone cuts a CB that the coaching staff likes, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if McRae gets replaced by a waiver wire pickup and McRae goes to the PS.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: But more seriously, Will Jack is almost 100% going on the IR. Leaving Dennard, Fej, and probably McRea. Unless someone cuts a CB that the coaching staff likes, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if McRae gets replaced by a waiver wire pickup and McRae goes to the PS.

1.  I agree that we could very likely pick up a player released by another team.  But all those guys are going to be at about the same level as Chykie Brown.

2.  Why McRae over Hillary?
Reply/Quote
Just to understand correctly, players on IR do not count as part of the 53, correct?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just to understand correctly, players on IR do not count as part of the 53, correct?

Correct.

But I believe that if a player is going to have a chance to return from IR he has to be on the original 53 man roster.  So if we think Jackson can return from IR he will have to count toward the 53.  We would have to cut a guy and hope he clears waivers so that we can bring him back after we place Jackson on IR.

Is that right?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  I agree that we could very likely pick up a player released by another team.  But all those guys are going to be at about the same level as Chykie Brown.

1. Possibly, but you never know.

2. Nothing really groundbreaking. Neither have put up any non-tackle stats in preseason, so I looked at their Pro Days and most of it was pretty similar, but I saw that Hillary only bench pressed 8 times and it's often said that part of the bench press is strength, but the other part is showing how much work a player has and is willing to put in. If he's under 10, then it's mostly due to him not spending enough time in the weight room.

Hillary has 5 pounds on McRae, but McRae benched pressed 13 times to Hillary's 8. It's not a proper gauge of playing ability, but it does give a tiny insight to work ethic/drive/mentality. I'd prefer Will Jack to be healthy so neither would make it, but it is what it is.

(09-03-2016, 12:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just to understand correctly, players on IR do not count as part of the 53, correct?

Correct, but if you want them to be eligible to come off the IR during the season, they couldn't be designated for the IR until you got your final 53 man roster.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't see any difference between Hillary and McRae. But I give Hillary the edge because he is from Cincinnati (Sycamore High School)
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1. Possibly, but you never know.

2. Nothing really groundbreaking. Neither have put up any non-tackle stats in preseason, so I looked at their Pro Days and most of it was pretty similar, but I saw that Hillary only bench pressed 8 times and it's often said that part of the bench press is strength, but the other part is showing how much work a player has and is willing to put in. If he's under 10, then it's mostly due to him not spending enough time in the weight room.

Hillary has 5 pounds on McRae, but McRae benched pressed 13 times to Hillary's 8. It's not a proper gauge of playing ability, but it does give a tiny insight to work ethic/drive/mentality. I'd prefer Will Jack to be healthy so neither would make it, but it is what it is.

Correct, but if you want them to be eligible to come off the IR during the season, they couldn't be designated for the IR until you got your final 53 man roster.

Once on IR, you cannot come back until after the 8th week?
Reply/Quote
Think Hillary has played decent
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 01:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Once on IR, you cannot come back until after the 8th week?
Correct, with a but...

The "but" is that there is an 8 week stay requirement.  If we put someone on IR in week 4 that we want to bring back later, they won't be eligible before week 12.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  I agree that we could very likely pick up a player released by another team.  But all those guys are going to be at about the same level as Chykie Brown.

1.  Sick

2. McRae returns kicks/punts. He looks like Pacman 2.0 to me. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Out of your list i say Dennard wj3 and fej bring it to 10. After we put wj3 on IR i think we look outside for CB help.

Chykie is a target. I dont want him. We can do better.

It would be nice if we could work out a trade this year that turns out like the one that got us Reggie Nelson
Reply/Quote