Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Draft
1. - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

I'm not really sure that this pick even needs an explanation.

2. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

Murray is an explosive athlete who does his best making plays all over the field. With the amount of strength we have up front, and possibly our greatest strength, it frees up Murray to roam.

3. Robert Hunt, OL, Louisiana

Hunt played tackle at ULL, but projects better to guard in the pros. He's a monster who can attack and has the agility to play tackle in a pinch, but hopefully that won't be needed as he shifts to a starting guard for the Bengals.

4. Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

Jefferson is a great route runner, but isn't going to burn by anyone. He's great with contested catches and is probably one of the safest receivers in the draft as to what he'll become. He isn't a dynamic playmaker, but he runs an awesome route tree and has the polish you want from a mid round guy.

5. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming

Doubling up at linebacker, Wilson has the ability to cover and tackle, while also bringing terrific instincts to the football field. He's shown the skills before, but may need a year with NFL coaching to develop into a starting linebacker in the league. He can help on special teams immediately with the chance to grow into something more.

6. Antoine Brooks Jr., S, Maryland

A Fejedelem replacement pick here in the 6th. He can play as a safety or sub package linebacker and cover in the slot in a pinch. He'll help on special teams right away and be a big help to depth.

7. Trey Adams, OT, Washington

It's a hail mary pick, and he's fallen down boards enough to be in the range. There's three guys at tackle to consider here between Adams, Throckmorton, and Runyan. You could take any of them and I'd be perfectly happy, but I'm taking the risk with the guy who was a potential first round talent earlier.

I know it's not perfect, and I think that you could potentially go for a WR in Round 2 and a LB in Round 4, but I liked the fit and where people landed in this scenarior.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Love the Mock, like every player, just still wondering why Runyan is falling this far. Heard it was his hand placement but
that can be fixed. Runyan handled Chase Young last year pretty damn well and Chase is supposed to be the next great
pass rusher. Also wondering why Trey Adams is falling straight to the 7th?

What did you use on the Mock PikesPeak? TDN or Fanspeak?
Reply/Quote
I used TDN for this one.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 12:00 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I used TDN for this one.

Thought so.
Reply/Quote