Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe goodberry picks
Goodberry states based on everything he’s heard and could gather that first 2 rounds(if they’re there) will Be Forbes and charboneet. Would love this.
Reply/Quote
He is picking Forbes because he asked for top 5 from people on twitter and 80% has Forbes on their list.

Myles Murphy and Bryan Bresee have both been getting to 28 slot lately sliding. Both fit Lou's defense and I could easily see them going defensive line as well as corner.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 08:17 AM)Synric Wrote: He is picking Forbes because he asked for top 5 from people on twitter and 80% has Forbes on their list.

Myles Murphy and Bryan Bresee have both been getting to 28 slot lately sliding. Both fit Lou's defense and I could easily see them going defensive line as well as corner.

No these were separate posts. He stated simply”based off everything I’m hearing, if Forbes gets to us, he willl be the pick”.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 08:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No these were separate posts. He stated simply”based off everything I’m hearing, if Forbes gets to us, he willl be the pick”.

Why would those in charge of the Bengals draft be sharing anything with Joe Goodberry? It would be great if the Bengals picked Forbes, but at this point I have zero faith in anything being reported through media channels.
Reply/Quote
Goodberry doesn't know any more than the next guy. Why people think he is actually an insider is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 11:58 AM)Nepa Wrote: Why would those in charge of the Bengals draft be sharing anything with Joe Goodberry? It would be great if the Bengals picked Forbes, but at this point I have zero faith in anything being reported through media channels.

(04-27-2023, 12:40 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Goodberry doesn't know any more than the next guy. Why people think he is actually an insider is beyond me.

He is. Field Yates refers to him as his go to guy for bengals information for a reason. But yes it’s smokescreen season
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 02:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Goodberry states based on everything he’s heard and could gather that first 2 rounds(if they’re there) will Be Forbes and charboneet. Would love this.

Forbes and Charbonnet in the first two rounds along with a TE in Rd 3-4 would be a pretty good outcome.
I could see either DL or OL for the other pick in Rd 3/4.
Do that and I'd be pretty happy going into OTAs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would be happy with Forbes/Charbonnet to start out the Draft for sure. I like Spears a touch more than Charbonnet, but you
couldn't get more of a solid RB that allows us to designate Mixon a June 1st cut than Charbonnet...

He does everything well and would contribute immediately. Forbes I think will be a future shutdown Corner.
Reply/Quote
FWIW, Kelsey Conway, the Bengals beat reporter for the Enquirer, is also bumping up Forbes as the likely selection if he's there.
Hearing many Bengals-focused people say Forbes gives me confidence he'll be the pick if he's available.
Then go offense on Day 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Charbonett doesn't really do anything for me. He doesn't make this team any more dangerous. If we go RB, I want a guy that is dynamic in the passing game and can really make people miss in the open field. I don't think Charbonnet is that guy. I'd rather wait and take someone later in the draft if we are looking for a guy to replace Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be happy with Forbes/Charbonnet to start out the Draft for sure. I like Spears a touch more than Charbonnet, but you
couldn't get more of a solid RB that allows us to designate Mixon a June 1st cut than Charbonnet...

He does everything well and would contribute immediately. Forbes I think will be a future shutdown Corner.

(04-27-2023, 06:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Charbonett doesn't really do anything for me. He doesn't make this team any more dangerous. If we go RB, I want a guy that is dynamic in the passing game and can really make people miss in the open field. I don't think Charbonnet is that guy. I'd rather wait and take someone later in the draft if we are looking for a guy to replace Mixon.

Charboneet is such a perfect cut for this offense…. Is he a rb who is gonna take it 79 yards? Probably not. But will he make you miss catch passes and get you 6 yards consistently and have the 30 yard gashes? Yes.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Charboneet is such a perfect cut for this offense…. Is he a rb who is gonna take it 79 yards? Probably not. But will he make you miss catch passes and get you 6 yards consistently  and have the 30 yard gashes? Yes.

He's a Mixon replacement.  We use a committee.  I would rather get a guy that can take it 79 yards and make teams pay in the passing game.

Charbonett would be a wasted 2nd round pick for this team at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He's a Mixon replacement.  We use a committee.  I would rather get a guy that can take it 79 yards and make teams pay in the passing game.

Charbonett would be a wasted 2nd round pick for this team at this point.

Except he’s who we thought we were getting with mixon. Someone who can do it all. Run effectively, make people miss, pass block catch passes, make people miss in space
Reply/Quote
Meh I just don’t see Charboneet as an “Upgrade” if anything it will be like replacing Mixon with Mixon. Yes he is a Jack of all trades and never fumbles but that’s who Mixon is. I would like a burner, someone electric to make the defenses struggle to defend the pass and run. Just don’t care much for this pick if it happens. Of course I hope I am completely wrong and he balls out.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Charbonett doesn't really do anything for me. He doesn't make this team any more dangerous. If we go RB, I want a guy that is dynamic in the passing game and can really make people miss in the open field. I don't think Charbonnet is that guy. I'd rather wait and take someone later in the draft if we are looking for a guy to replace Mixon.

On the fence about him too, Charbonett sheds tackles just as good as anyone in this draft but lacks speed to break runs. I think I like Bigsby better if we don’t go with Gibbs.
Reply/Quote