Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Mock
1) Byron Murphy, DT Texas - I did not realize that Murphy was playing all over the DL with Sweat there too. I thought Murphy was the 3T and Sweat the 0/1T. If the coaches think Murphy has the size to take Reader's spot and become a really good 3-down player, I can see this happening. If not, I think we could be waiting until Rd 3-4 to see a DT taken. If not Murphy, I think it's an OT. And I think it would be Amarius Mims if available because of his elite ceiling and knowing there'd be a year to groom him. Or WR depending on what OTs and WRs are available at the pick.
EDIT - If WR, I think it would be Brian Thomas, Jr.

2) Kingsley Suamataia, OT BYU - Pollack will love the size and athleticism that Suamataia brings to the table. Suamataia also has versatility to play both OT spots, making him a great swing tackle as a rookie before taking over for Trent Brown next year.

3) Brenden Rice, WR USC - Jerry Rice's son looks like a good option as a Tee Higgins replacement. I can see them wanting to go WR earlier though if they don't go DT in Rd 1. If not Murphy in Rd 1, will be either OT or WR. Gut feeling.

3comp) Ben Sinnott, TE Kansas St - My TE of choice. With Bengals having Gesicki, Sample, and Hudson on the roster, they are willing to wait to see which of Sinnott, Johnson, and Stover falls. I'm happy with any of those three but I will go with my favorite of the bunch if all three are available.

4) Beaux Limmer, IOL Arkansas - Bengals need IOL depth too, as Karras is in his final year under contract. Cappa will hit FA the year after Karras. Limmer can come in as a depth piece initially and take over at C or RG after Karras/Cappa departs.

5) Dwight McGlothern, CB Arkansas - Bengals met with McGlothern, so I think they are looking at Day 3 CBs to add depth. McGlothern has the height, length, fluidity, and speed you want in a DB. Also good ball skills as evidenced by his 7 INTs in the past two seasons.

6) Tip Reiman, TE Illinois - Great blocker, great size, and better athleticism and speed than expected. Reiman will give Taylor hopes of finding the guy he thought Sample could be. Reiman also played with Chase Brown, so that helps. If a 2nd TE is taken, I think we could see the departure of Hudson or the 2nd TE to the PS.

6comp) Kimani Vidal, RB Troy - Versatile RB who is plenty fast and agile while also being big enough to handle workhorse duties if ever needed. He's also quite a good receiver, evidenced by the 92 receptions he's had in college.

7-HOU) Austin McNamara, P Texas Tech - You've heard me stand on my soap box enough for McNamara. Whether it's him or Tory Taylor, I think we see a new P taken. And this is a good spot for a P.

7) Dallas Gant, LB Toledo - Another diamond from the MAC who could be a perfect depth piece. Gant is a well-rounded LB who broke out when he transferred from Ohio St to Toledo. At the end of the day, it's a 7th rounder so doesn't really matter who they take though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 10:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) Byron Murphy, DT Texas - I did not realize that Murphy was playing all over the DL with Sweat there too. I thought Murphy was the 3T and Sweat the 0/1T. If the coaches think Murphy has the size to take Reader's spot and become a really good 3-down player, I can see this happening. If not, I think we could be waiting until Rd 3-4 to see a DT taken. If not Murphy, I think it's an OT. And I think it would be Amarius Mims if available because of his elite ceiling and knowing there'd be a year to groom him. Or WR depending on what OTs and WRs are available at the pick.

2) Kingsley Suamataia, OT BYU - Pollack will love the size and athleticism that Suamataia brings to the table. Suamataia also has versatility to play both OT spots, making him a great swing tackle as a rookie before taking over for Trent Brown next year.

3) Brenden Rice, WR USC - Jerry Rice's son looks like a good option as a Tee Higgins replacement. I can see them wanting to go WR earlier though if they don't go DT in Rd 1. If not Murphy in Rd 1, will be either OT or WR. Gut feeling.

3comp) Ben Sinnott, TE Kansas St - My TE of choice. With Bengals having Gesicki, Sample, and Hudson on the roster, they are willing to wait to see which of Sinnott, Johnson, and Stover falls. I'm happy with any of those three but I will go with my favorite of the bunch if all three are available.

4) Beaux Limmer, IOL Arkansas - Bengals need IOL depth too, as Karras is in his final year under contract. Cappa will hit FA the year after Karras. Limmer can come in as a depth piece initially and take over at C or RG after Karras/Cappa departs.

5) Dwight McGlothern, CB Arkansas - Bengals met with McGlothern, so I think they are looking at Day 3 CBs to add depth. McGlothern has the height, length, fluidity, and speed you want in a DB. Also good ball skills as evidenced by his 7 INTs in the past two seasons.

6) Tip Reiman, TE Illinois - Great blocker, great size, and better athleticism and speed than expected. Reiman will give Taylor hopes of finding the guy he thought Sample could be. Reiman also played with Chase Brown, so that helps. If a 2nd TE is taken, I think we could see the departure of Hudson or the 2nd TE to the PS.

6comp) Kimani Vidal, RB Troy - Versatile RB who is plenty fast and agile while also being big enough to handle workhorse duties if ever needed. He's also quite a good receiver, evidenced by the 92 receptions he's had in college.

7-HOU) Austin McNamara, P Texas Tech - You've heard me stand on my soap box enough for McNamara. Whether it's him or Tory Taylor, I think we see a new P taken. And this is a good spot for a P.

7) Dallas Gant, LB Toledo - Another diamond from the MAC who could be a perfect depth piece. Gant is a well-rounded LB who broke out when he transferred from Ohio St to Toledo. At the end of the day, it's a 7th rounder so doesn't really matter who they take though.

Byron Murphy may end up being a Star player making him hard to pass up.

Pressure up the middle in the face of QB's from a Defense is very helpful & the Bengals Defense needs a boost more than the Offense does.

If the 2nd round OT that you chose sticks as a good pick then this would be a solid way to start the Draft with picks 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
A+
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Pretty Good Ocho
Reply/Quote
Would be really happy if these were the guys they ended up with - fills the needs without reaching for anyone.
Now that I am sold on taking Murphy I think he will be gone by pick 18 ☹️
Reply/Quote
Nice mock. You'll need to go 4/4 to beat your 3/3 from the 2022 draft.
Reply/Quote
I would love this mock to come to fruition.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 10:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) Byron Murphy, DT Texas - I did not realize that Murphy was playing all over the DL with Sweat there too. I thought Murphy was the 3T and Sweat the 0/1T. If the coaches think Murphy has the size to take Reader's spot and become a really good 3-down player, I can see this happening. If not, I think we could be waiting until Rd 3-4 to see a DT taken. If not Murphy, I think it's an OT. And I think it would be Amarius Mims if available because of his elite ceiling and knowing there'd be a year to groom him. Or WR depending on what OTs and WRs are available at the pick.

This looks good. I’m happy with Murphy, Brian Thomas, Fuaga
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

This is an A+ Draft

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 10:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice mock. You'll need to go 4/4 to beat your 3/3 from the 2022 draft.

I don't think I'll ever get as lucky as predicting Hill, CTB, Carter back in 2022 lol.
Maybe someone on the Bengals staff secretly peruses our forums?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Very good Mock, hope it goes something like this. Murphy, Suamataia and Brenden Rice is a great start to the Draft.

Solidifies the trenches and we get a talented WR to pair with Chase for the future. Of course you and I are really high on
Ben Sinnott, would love to add this guy to the Bengals. I like Limmer if my guy Tanor Bortolini is gone. Kimani Vidal is pretty
underrated in this Draft, dude is just really short, but he is very explosive, is a bowling ball and hard to tackle and is good in
pass protection.

McNamara is just as good as any Punter, for some reason he isn't there with our first 7th in any of my Mocks I have done so
I always just take Taylor.
Reply/Quote

Kimani Vidal is also very good in pass pro.
Reply/Quote
Well, I was kind of right on the 1st round pick.

Quote: If not Murphy, I think it's an OT. And I think it would be Amarius Mims if available because of his elite ceiling and knowing there'd be a year to groom him.

I think today we will see three of WR, TE, DT, CB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well, I was kind of right on the 1st round pick.

I think today we will see three of WR, TE, DT, CB.

Trade up for Newton or kool aid or DeJean. with what’s available on the board bengals have got to be aggressive here…. it’s not quantity over quality. Use 49 and 97 and move up with Washington and take their 36. If a tight end gets taken today….ima flat line.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:20 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Trade up for Newton or kool aid or DeJean. with what’s available on the board bengals have got to be aggressive here…. it’s not quantity over quality.  Use 49 and 97 and move up with Washington and take their 36.  If a tight end gets taken today….ima flat line.

Bengals may have to give a bit more for WAS to be willing to move back 13 spots. Like maybe add in HOU's 7th or the 6th comp pick or something.
We'll see.

Why would you "flat line" if a good TE is taken?
If it's a blocking TE I can see that, but a pass catcher is a pass catcher in my eyes.
CB isn't such a need to me that it HAS to be taken before TE. I have more confidence in Turner/Hill than you do though, I think.
DT I think could be a situation where there's obviously a need but don't reach too much because of it.
Most I'm willing to reach on a player is 1 round ahead of where I have them valued.

WR I think is a damn near certainty today.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals may have to give a bit more for WAS to be willing to move back 13 spots. Like maybe add in HOU's 7th or the 6th comp pick or something.
We'll see.

Why would you "flat line" if a good TE is taken?
If it's a blocking TE I can see that, but a pass catcher is a pass catcher in my eyes.
CB isn't such a need to me that it HAS to be taken before TE. I have more confidence in Turner/Hill than you do though, I think.
DT I think could be a situation where there's obviously a need but don't reach too much because of it.
Most I'm willing to reach on a player is 1 round ahead of where I have them valued.

WR I think is a damn near certainty today.

Yes I would flat line period if a Tight end was taken today. I think alot of the tight ends have talent but we do not need one.. at all. We pass yr after yr. The ceiling on gesicki imo is so high with burrow at qb and I said the same about hurst when coming in. I think our current 3 tight ends are perfect for us. Sample played solid last year and knows the system
And good blocker. Hudson is just a fricken football players and handlers the tight end position just fine and to have him behind gesicki who’s ceiling is sky high with burrow really makes me content to say the least at the position.
The help the bengals need and the damage the bengals can do forgetting about tight end for just a sec is very impressive imo. Personally I’d love to trade up with Washington and I agree about pick 36 so ask for their pick 40. Take Newton. Or stay put. Take Kris Jenkins. Then maason smith at 80 and then Dominic Puni at 97. U wanna talk tight end I’d be open to theo Johnson dallin hooker tanner mcglauphlin day 3. But not day 2. Too many needs. Tight end ain’t one. My twin and I were more excited about bowers going to LV than mims coming to us and we wanted mims. No to tight end. Imo gesicki when he balls out sign him to a multi year deal and close the “revolving door”
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:07 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Yes I would flat line period if a Tight end was taken today.  I think alot of the tight ends have talent but we do not need one.. at all.  We pass yr after yr.  The ceiling on gesicki imo is so high with burrow at qb and I said the same about hurst when coming in.  I think our current 3 tight ends are perfect for us.  Sample played solid last year and knows the system
And good blocker.  Hudson is just a fricken football players and handlers the tight end position just fine and to have him behind gesicki who’s ceiling is sky high with burrow really makes me content to say the least at the position.  
The help the bengals need and the damage the bengals can do forgetting about tight end for just a sec is very impressive imo.  Personally I’d love to trade up with Washington and I agree about pick 36 so ask for their pick 40.  Take Newton.   Or stay put.  Take Kris Jenkins.  Then maason smith at 80 and then Dominic Puni at 97.  U wanna talk tight end I’d be open to theo Johnson dallin hooker tanner mcglauphlin day 3.  But not day 2. Too many needs.  Tight end ain’t one.  My twin and I were more excited about bowers going to LV than mims coming to us and we wanted mims.  No to tight end.  Imo gesicki when he balls out sign him to a multi year deal and close the “revolving door”

I get all that, but Gesicki and Hudson are on 1-year contracts.
The coaches have said this offseason they'd ideally like to have someone here over multiple years to stabilize the position rather than have a revolving door.

Are you saying you're ok with continuing to have a new TE in the offense every year, even if they could get a guy who could potentially solidify that spot for a few years?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 12:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get all that, but Gesicki and Hudson are on 1-year contracts.
The coaches have said this offseason they'd ideally like to have someone here over multiple years to stabilize the position rather than have a revolving door.

Are you saying you're ok with continuing to have a new TE in the offense every year, even if they could get a guy who could potentially solidify that spot for a few years?

Mike Gesicki and Tanner Hudson are more big slot receivers than a TE which is why Mitchell Wilcox rotated in for run blocking in 12 personnel sets for situations like wrapping around to block the edge defender from a 3 point stance on a Dart play. The Bengals will also need a backup Y because that definitely is not Gesicki or Hudson.

Theo Johnson at #97 or #115 has a strong case for the Bengals. Versatile, Athletic,and the size/length to be a high percentage 11 personnel TE. Reminds me of CJ Uzomah.

Edit: Drew Sample might have signed a 3 year deal but its also a 1 year 4.9m deal. He can be cut after 2024 with zero dead cap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 02:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Mike Gesicki and Tanner Hudson are more big slot receivers than a TE which is why Mitchell Wilcox rotated in for run blocking in 12 personnel sets for situations like wrapping around to block the edge defender from a 3 point stance on a Dart play. The Bengals will also need a backup Y because that definitely is not Gesicki or Hudson.

Theo Johnson at #97 or #115 has a strong case for the Bengals. Versatile, Athletic,and the size/length to be a high percentage 11 personnel TE. Reminds me of CJ Uzomah.

Edit: Drew Sample might have signed a 3 year deal but its also a 1 year 4.9m deal. He can be cut after 2024 with zero dead cap.

All good points.
Bengals carry 4 TEs often and they have a spot open with Wilcox departing.
And I personally don't rule out the "big slot receiver" guys either because both Gesicki and Hudson are on one-year cheap deals.
Bengals aren't (or don't have to be) tied to them for even this season.

Gesicki has just a $2.5 mill cap hit with only $400k dead cap if let go.
Hudson with a $1.15 mill cap hit with only $167k dead cap.
Either or both the Bengals can easily part ways with if they land a guy they like in the draft and he's doing really well leading up to cutdown day.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote