Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Mock 2017
Star 
Tools used :

Fanspeak Big board - CBS Big board - Draft Breakdown Tape Sessions - Walter draft rank - Combine/Pro Day Results - Voch Lombardi video sessions - Matt Waldman video sessions

Trades :

Trade #1 : Browns Trade 33rd (2nd round) and 145th overall (5th round) for AJ McCarron

Trade #2 : Trade down from 9 with Ravens for #16(1st) #47(2nd) #80(3rd)

Trade #3 : Trade up from #41(2nd) to #34(2nd) giving 49rs the 145th overall(5th from Browns) and #227 (7th)

Picks :

#16 - Round 1 - Derek Barnett DE Tennessee :

[Image: Barnett_1481567239845_7326516_ver1.0.jpg]

Because of athleticism concerns DB falls to us at 16 and we take a guy at 16 who we would have taken at 9. DB is a guy who will fit our system well, but needs time to develop into pro bowl RDE. His stats don't lie and he will be a productive player year one, but he needs to get bigger and stronger to help make up for not being the quickest guy. He will start off as a rotational guy taking snaps with MJ and Gillberry, but this will allow him to get good knowledge of the playbook and have a great year two as a 3 down starter.

NFL Comparison : Cameron Wake

#33 - Round 2 - Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma : **Watch Video Below**

[Image: 2157889318001_5251517804001_525150983400...k=xFOcr5sR]

I understand he has red flags so if you can't consider someone because of personal concerns than just skip to next pick. Joe Mixon is the best running back in this class and if he improves on the nfl level could be one of the best of all time. In college this guy plays like Le'veon Bell does on the pro level which is pretty amazing considering that even Bell didn't play as well at the college level. The best vision of a running back I've scouted in the last 10 years and extremely patient in letting plays develop. The Bengals have expressed interest in him and securing the pick from the Browns will help go a long way in getting him on the team. This guy is a top 10 football talent and if we can keep him on track with good mentors and counseling this is a huge win for our franchise.

Alternative 2nd round picks at RB : Alvin Kamara , D'onta Foreman

NFL Comparison : Le'veon Bell

#34 - Round 2 - John Ross WR Washington

[Image: 1024x1024.jpg]

John Ross falls to beginning of 2nd round because of injury concerns and we fill another need with a first round talent. Dynamic, fast, good hands, great routes, and extremely athletic are just a few words to describe the guy who holds the new record in the combine 40 yard dash. If i could build a wide receiver from scratch that the Bengals need to compliment AJ Green it would be John Ross. His first year he will take 50% or less of the snaps as the #2 guy with Lafell being that veteran cushion the Bengals love to have on their roster. While he does have injury concerns I think a lot of these can be fixed by increasing flexibility with a yoga style program and getting this guy not to play 100% speed on every single down. There will be an adjustment period where he will have to get his timing down with Andy Dalton to take advantage of that speed, because of Andy's historical problems with under throwing receivers.

NFL Comparison : Brandin Cooks

#47 - Round 2 - Adoree Jackson CB USC

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Lets face it Adam Jones is on his way out by age or actions in the next couple of years and they always want a stable of corners developing on the roster. Adoree Jackson has great speed and coverage skills, but because of his size he will work more as a slot guy at the NFL level. He will see a lot of playing time depending on injury, but start year 1 in the nickle. While I don't particularly like spending a high pick on another corner this is the Bengals and this is their kind of pick.

NFL Comparison - Johnathan Joseph

#73 - Round 3 - Derek Rivers DE Youngstown State

[Image: 22355635-mmmain.jpg]

Speed Rush guy we have needed for awhile that could find a lot of work on 3rd downs and possibly get some reps standing up on blitz packages. Extremely athletic guy who needs to work on his run coverage skills, but has all the skills to be an elite pass rusher at the next level. Could go anywhere from end of first to 3rd round depending on how the draft falls, but if he's there this would be a great pickup.

NFL Comparison - Cliff Avril

*** UNDER CONSTRUCTION ***

Finishing after lunch =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pretty unrealistic, but the players are good.
Reply/Quote
yeah I don't even know if I can finish it Im laughing so hard.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's crazy, but I'd be pretty damn happy if that were to happen come draft time.
Reply/Quote
Adoree so athletic
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love the vids and would really love it as long as we got a Center like Fuller or Roullier next.

Ross isn't falling that far though, he ran that forty with those injury concerns, he put them to bed.

Mixon is a talent with that vision and his hands.

Hard for me to like Adoree Jackson seeing him get torched by Ross and Godwin but i could see that happening.

Just would rather have a different position than CB there, i think we are solid at Corner.
Reply/Quote