Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Mock Before FA/ with my FA wishes
Ok here is my final mock before FA, with my FA pickups:

Free Agent Pickups:

1) Kwon Alexander-MLB(Bucs)-starts day 1

2) Daryl Williams-RT(Panthers)-Starts day 1

3) KJ Wright-OLB (Seahawks)-Starts day 1( replaces Burfict)

Re-Sign:/Extend:

1) CJ Uzomeh
2) Darqueze Dennard
3) Trey Hopkins
4) Tyler Kroft
5) Tyler Boyd-extend
6) Joe Mixon-extend

Cut:
1) Vontaze Burfict

DraftSad1-5 w trade)

1) TJ Hockenson-TE (Iowa)

2) Chris Lindstrom-OG (Boston College)

3) JJ Arcega Whiteside-WR (Stanford)

3b) Zach Allen DT ( Boston College)

4) Te'Von Conley LB (ND)

5) Ryan Finley QB (NC State)

--With addressing LB and RT in FA, it allows us to load up on offense early and
Reply/Quote
Great signings. Good draft. Always a fan of FA signings that provide flexibility with fraft.
Reply/Quote
Great signings, but we can't go with our first three picks on offense. There needs to be a quality S or CB taken in the first three rounds, even with Dennard being re-signed. Especially a S to try and upgrade the position over Williams. I love the kid from Marshall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we're taking a TE at #11, it should probably be Noah Fant..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:18 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: Ok here is my final mock before FA, with my FA pickups:

Free Agent Pickups:

1) Kwon Alexander-MLB(Bucs)-starts day 1

2) Daryl Williams-RT(Panthers)-Starts day 1

3) KJ Wright-OLB (Seahawks)-Starts day 1( replaces Burfict)

Re-Sign:/Extend:

1) CJ Uzomeh
2) Darqueze Dennard
3) Trey Hopkins
4) Tyler Kroft
5) Tyler Boyd-extend
6) Joe Mixon-extend

Cut:
1) Vontaze Burfict

DraftSad1-5 w trade)

1) TJ Hockenson-TE (Iowa)

2) Chris Lindstrom-OG (Boston College)

3) JJ Arcega Whiteside-WR (Stanford)

3b) Zach Allen DT ( Boston College)

4) Te'Von Conley LB (ND)

5) Ryan Finley QB (NC State)

--With addressing LB and RT in FA, it allows us to load up on offense early and

Love it Schroomy, this FA really frees up the draft in this one.

The mocks without FA leave out so much of the big picture IMO.

Love the Lindstrom, Whiteside and Allen picks. Also Finley has some talent and is being overlooked a bit.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 12:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If we're taking a TE at #11, it should probably be Noah Fant..

They are both really good, honestly Fant always stood out to me more for us as he is more of the pass catcher but Hockenson i think some are comparing to Gronk with his upside. I think this is why most are having Hockenson taken ahead of Fant. Weird, been seeing Fant falling to the 2nd round in lots of mocks.

Must be cause of his blocking or something.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are both really good, honestly Fant always stood out to me more for us as he is more of the pass catcher but Hockenson i think some are comparing to Gronk with his upside. I think this is why most are having Hockenson taken ahead of Fant. Weird, been seeing Fant falling to the 2nd round in lots of mocks.

Truthfully, I'm not really a fan of taking any TE in the 1st round.  The reason being, pass catching TEs tend to get injured and miss time.  We have our own examples with Eifert and Kroft, but if you look around the league it's a fairly common occurrence.  Travis Kelce seems to be the anomaly in that he is so productive, yet stays fairly healthy, as even Gronk has missed a lot of time in his career. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 12:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If we're taking a TE at #11, it should probably be Noah Fant..

(02-24-2019, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are both really good, honestly Fant always stood out to me more for us as he is more of the pass catcher but Hockenson i think some are comparing to Gronk with his upside. I think this is why most are having Hockenson taken ahead of Fant. Weird, been seeing Fant falling to the 2nd round in lots of mocks.

Look at this kid playing basketball in HS:
[Image: CbV-jlOVIAASMTU.jpg]

Hock is going to be epic. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Truthfully, I'm not really a fan of taking any TE in the 1st round.  The reason being, pass catching TEs tend to get injured and miss time.  We have our own examples with Eifert and Kroft, but if you look around the league it's a fairly common occurrence.  Travis Kelce seems to be the anomaly in that he is so productive, yet stays fairly healthy, as even Gronk has missed a lot of time in his career. 

True, plus TE is really deep in this draft to boot and we could get a good one in the mid rounds.

I can just understand this Draft if White is gone value wise. Hock has crazy upside.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look at this kid playing basketball in HS:
[Image: CbV-jlOVIAASMTU.jpg]

Hock is going to be epic. 

High School, holy shit! Got some hops!
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, plus TE is really deep in this draft to boot and we could get a good one in the mid rounds.

I can just understand this Draft if White is gone value wise. Hock has crazy upside.

That he does.  I just think that it's also important to remember how badly this team is in need of fundamental players, like blockers and tacklers.  I get that we'll likely address some of that in free agency, but we will still have needs come draft time.  We have one OT under contract, and we typically have 4 on the final roster.  I'm guessing that they'll likely pick up a pair of Tackles in free agency, hopefully with one of them being starting quality.  Good OL cost much more in free agency that LBs, so I would guess that they attempt to sign one of the higher quality LBs in FA.  

Maybe they are active enough in FA, to justify going best talent available?  As of now, I just see OL as the highest priority on draft day.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That he does.  I just think that it's also important to remember how badly this team is in need of fundamental players, like blockers and tacklers.  I get that we'll likely address some of that in free agency, but we will still have needs come draft time.  We have one OT under contract, and we typically have 4 on the final roster.  I'm guessing that they'll likely pick up a pair of Tackles in free agency, hopefully with one of them being starting quality.  Good OL cost much more in free agency that LBs, so I would guess that they attempt to sign one of the higher quality LBs in FA.  

Maybe they are active enough in FA, to justify going best talent available?  As of now, I just see OL as the highest priority on draft day.

Hock is a good blocker have to say and in this mock we get Daryl Williams in FA and Lindstrom in the 2nd round.

I agree with you though and i think it is more likely that we get a top LB in FA than a top RT but we will see with Zac now in town.

Wanting Trent Brown, JuWaun James, Daryl Williams or Seantrel Henderson in FA to go along with a LB like KJ Wright. I think if we did this we would be sitting pretty and adding a player like Hock wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Really the draft hinges on Free Agency IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hock is a good blocker have to say and in this mock we get Daryl Williams in FA and Lindstrom in the 2nd round.

I agree with you though and i think it is more likely that we get a top LB in FA than a top RT but we will see with Zac now in town.

Wanting Trent Brown, JuWaun James, Daryl Williams or Seantrel Henderson in FA to go along with a LB like KJ Wright. I think if we did this we would be sitting pretty and adding a player like Hock wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Really the draft hinges on Free Agency IMO.

I brought this up in another mock with FA thread.  Daryl Williams is coming off of a major knee injury.  He dislocated his patella, and tore his MCL.  There's always the chance that he's completely healed, and perfectly good to go.  However, I'd hate to see the Bengals sink starter money into him, and later discover that he's going to need a "working back to full strength" year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I brought this up in another mock with FA thread.  Daryl Williams is coming off of a major knee injury.  He dislocated his patella, and tore his MCL.  There's always the chance that he's completely healed, and perfectly good to go.  However, I'd hate to see the Bengals sink starter money into him, and later discover that he's going to need a "working back to full strength" year.

Oh, didn't know that about Williams. Would prefer others now.

Might not be a bad get if he is a bit cheap but cannot pay him a lot coming off that injury.
Reply/Quote