Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Mock Draft
Round 1 - Solomon Thomas (DE) Stanford - The 49ers are the real wildcard for this scenario to play out. If they decide to go for help in the secondary then Thomas may actually fall to the Bengals at #9. If he doesn't fall then I think Jonathan Allen does. To me that is a win either way.

[Image: SolomonThomas.jpg]

Round 2 - Joe Mixon (RB) Oklahoma - The character is a huge concern but talent is not. I think the Bengals are enamored with this guy and if he is still available here in the 2nd they won't try to wait another round to see if he is available.

[Image: joemixon-1.jpg]

Round 3 - Juju Smith-Schuster (WR) USC - Smith-Schuster was long thought to be a first round pick. Concerns over his speed and other players seeming to have a better process leading up to the draft has him slipping in most rankings. I think his actual game tape is what should matter and this guy would be great opposite of AJ with Boyd in the slot.

[Image: bmartin_-79.jpg]

Round 4 - Nico Siragusa (OG) San Diego State - I wouldn't make this selection if I thought the coaching staff had much faith in Christian Westerman. His inability to even be active on gamedays and the fact they brought in Andre Smith to change positions for the first time in his career and hope that he can play Guard tells me we still need some help at this position. Siragusa is a very good option early in the 4th.

[Image: 12307023.jpeg]

Round 4 - Kendell Beckwith (ILB) LSU - I would have liked to seen the Bengals sign Minter to a 3 or 4 year contract but since that didn't happen I think we still need to look at guys that can be developed for the middle backer position going forward.

[Image: kendell-beckwith-6226_rs1.png][Image: ncf_a_beckwith_k_600.jpg]

Round 5 - Zane Gonzalez (K) Arizona State - A player that it would be easy to put off until another round in a mock draft but I am trying to be more realistic here. If the Bengals like Gonzalez and I don't know why they wouldn't then they should grab him early in the 5th to ensure they land him.

[Image: zane-photo.jpg]

Round 5 - Dawuane Smoot (DE) Illinois - Think the Bengals double up on Defensive Ends, especially if they land Thomas or Allen in the 1st and both those guys can play inside quite a bit. Smoot is good value in the 5th and would be another solid pass rush addition to a team that needs it.

[Image: 32836_b1_football_tco-900x632.jpg]

Round 6 - Bucky Hodges (TE) Virginia Tech - I think adding a pass catching Tight End is a smart move with Eifert's injury history but I don't think I would do so early in the draft. Hodges is a really good athlete that would be able to develop this year and could really turn into an elite pass catcher from the TE position in the future.

[Image: hodges_bucky_1280_170119.jpg]

Round 6 - Rayshawn Jenkins (FS) Miami - Still not sold on Shawn Williams as a long term starter at Safety. I actually prefer Derron Smith to get more snaps at starter and if that would happen then Williams may not stay on this team for his entire contract. Never hurts to have depth ready and waiting. We seem to draft at least one Safety almost every year late in the draft. I don't think this year will be any different.

[Image: rayshawn-jenkins-1000.jpg]

Round 7 - Chad Kelly (QB) Ole Miss - So many issues but still so much talent. 7th rounders don't typically make the team half the time so why not take a flier on a guy with talent here that could help us get something for McCarron and still have a quality backup behind Dalton?

[Image: chadkelly.jpg]

Round 7 - Nate Hairston (CB) Temple - Compete for the last CB spot and potential practice squad candidate to develop.

[Image: 543970a553eb6.image.jpg]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I would like it. BTW what the hell happen to TE Bucky? I thought he was a top 3-4 TE and now he's dropped to the 5th-6th round.
Reply/Quote
This is pretty awesome
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 03:43 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I would like it. BTW what the hell happen to TE Bucky? I thought he was a top 3-4 TE and now he's dropped to the 5th-6th round.

Good question. I was seeing him as a potential late first or at least 2nd round pick at the start of the process. I guess teams don't like his inability to block. I really don't know how he tested out or interviewed but I know see him going much later in the draft than the original projections.
Reply/Quote
Bucky Hodges has been viewed as big, lumbering target. His NFL athleticism is being questioned. I've seen it a couple times but nit sure where I read it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:32 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Bucky Hodges has been viewed as big, lumbering target.  His NFL athleticism is being questioned.  I've seen it a couple times but nit sure where I read it

at 6'6 he ran a 4.57 so not sure how lumbering he can be, I think his lack of blocking may effect him but I think he goes higher than the 6th. I think really what has pushed him down are guys like Sheehan coming up more than anything.
Reply/Quote
I'm only stating what I've read. I haven't looked at his measurables or his tape.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 10:21 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'm only stating what I've read.  I haven't looked at his measurables or his tape.  

Tape wise he is actually really athletic for such a big guy, I think that is really what he has going for him. He is a bit of an oversized WR that will need some serious work as a blocker, but could have Jordan Reed type upside.
Reply/Quote
This would be a pretty fantastic draft!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: at 6'6 he ran a 4.57 so not sure how lumbering he can be, I think his lack of blocking may effect him but I think he goes higher than the 6th. I think really what has pushed him down are guys like Sheehan coming up more than anything.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying here for sure. He is a converted QB that is a really good athlete. I think blocking is a big factor but other tight ends moving up out of nowhere is a likely reason for him dropping. I think he will be a good pass catching Tight End thought for somebody and his upside is tremendous.
Reply/Quote
Ummmm This draft would be epic.  If solomon Thomas falls to us il doo doo.  if he doesnt put in barnett and we continue with this draft.  My goodness lol il pray for this.  Love Beckwith.  I think he can be a good pro.  Smoot is an animal. him and barnett with Michael and dunlap...good night.  Love Ju Ju being a west coast guy.  I think hes properly slotted in the 3rd.  and truthfully id have Jeremy hills bags packed prior to camp if we got mixon.  Imo gio and Mixon together would unfair.  Hill can kick rocks.  Love this draft dude nicely done. 

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
Don't think anyone could hate on this draft; Thomas and Allen are two people you'd have to pull the trigger on in the first. Mixon is the guy I want in the second, really hope that Panthers snag a RB in the first, if so should be there at 41. Totally sold on Beckwith, Smoot and Hodges. I'm with you though, the bengals would have to be certain that Zane is their guy to take them in the 5th.

Good mock
Reply/Quote