Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else really hyped for the draft ?
Last time we had a top 10 pick, it was AJ Green, so yeah I'm pretty excited. We need to get a player with that level of impact to contend again, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I grew up in a time when the word draft usually meant moving to Canada in the middle of the night.. It's tough to get excited about that.. The last real exciting day for me was when I found out I qualified for social security and was getting back pay.. Now that was exciting. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Aye Im not super hyped for it or anything, but looking forward to it like every year. Mainly because it is something of the NFL to follow for a few days in the middle of the off-season.

p.s. If the Bengals take a corner with the 1st pick and a woman face puncher with the 2nd pick, I may go Joe from Flo postal in here.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
the depth of this draft has me most excited. rounds 2-3 are going to be like the late first
Such is life as a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
I'm excited for it every year! However it always seems both networks go to commercial during our pick and then they come back on and say "Bengals have selected Joe Blow and now the Steelers are on the clock, what are their needs?"
Reply/Quote
Not really hyped for this draft. Bengals need OL (weak OL draft and would definitely be a reach at #9) and DE (likely reaching for the third best DE in Barnett if they go that route). I hope they just go BPA at #9 (other than QB) and don't reach. Reuben Foster has been the guy I've wanted all along, but now understand the Bengals passing on him given the character concerns. Either way, it beats baseball so I'll be watching!
Reply/Quote
Also would love it if we traded down and grabbed John Ross or Dalvin Cook and picked up another 2nd...
Reply/Quote