Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final OL Room?
I don’t think this is the way it ends up as far as the reserves. I’m a little scared here. I don’t think they keep 10.
Starters Cappa,Williams, Karras, Carman, Collins
Reserves
D'ante Smith G •Isaiah Prince T •Lamont Gaillard G •Trey Hill C •Hakeem Adeniji G
Reply/Quote
They may be done adding starters, but I highly doubt they're done adding bodies. I expect at least one (maybe two, but almost certainly not any more) in the draft, plus maybe a late signing for depth. I think Adeniji, of the 5 you listed, is in the most danger of not making the final roster.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
I still think we may go Oline in Rd1. If all the top corners are gone and one of the top interior guys is still there do we pass? Karras seems like a pretty equal center compared to Hopkins but he can play guard where Hopkins can't. So it gives us the flexibility if Linderbaum is gone but Green or Zion are there then take them or vice versa. Or then if none of that works out then we have Carman to compete for LG.
Reply/Quote
shouldnt feel good if Carman is competing with some other jabroni for the LG position
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I still think we may go Oline in Rd1. If all the top corners are gone and one of the top interior guys is still there do we pass? 

I think we pass on O-line in first round.  Every guy we signed was a multi-year deal.  We have two guys we just drafted last year that that could develop this year.

Meanwhile both our safeties will be free agents next year and we have nothing behind them. Our top 2 TEs will also be free agents next year..
Reply/Quote
I'd venture a guess that they're waiting and hoping that Linderbaum falls. Or maybe they're crossing their fingers for a top OG prospect to fall. If they don't draft IOL high, I'd expect them to try to get Spain, Hopkins, or another vet to push for the starting LG spot. I'd expect some in-house debate regarding just how patient they should be with some of the draft picks - everyone wants them to work out but every year of Burrow's rookie contract is must-win. The final 9 or 10 are going to depend on how the draft falls and how those internal discussions play out. 
Reply/Quote
They are going to bring back Spain likely (who before he was having to play injured in the playoffs was looking good) or another veteran Guard and I expect Adeniji is on borrowed time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Linderbaum ir Zion Johnson are sitting there at #31, we almost uave to take them. Maybe Kenyon Green as well. Those guys can start right away.

Only way we don't is if someone else also falls we like more. McDuffie or Booth? Wyatt? Lloyd or Dean at LB. That pick should be a guy we think can start, not a depth guy.

If there is no IOL starter at #31, we will look elsewhere. CB or DT most likely. DE, S, LB, even WR on the table. #31 is too rich for RB or TE this year. Or a swing OT.

Reuff, Spain, or Hopkins coming back is not out of the question.

We will wait until after the draft. There will be more cuts & we will shop.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:07 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If Linderbaum ir Zion Johnson are sitting there at #31, we almost uave to take them. Maybe Kenyon Green as well. Those guys can start right away.

Only way we don't is if someone else also falls we like more. McDuffie or Booth? Wyatt? Lloyd or Dean at LB. That pick should be a guy we think can start, not a depth guy.

If there is no IOL starter at #31, we will look elsewhere. CB or DT most likely. DE, S, LB, even WR on the table. #31 is too rich for RB or TE this year. Or a swing OT.

Reuff, Spain, or Hopkins coming back is not out of the question.

We will wait until after the draft. There will be more cuts & we will shop.

Spot on
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I still think we may go Oline in Rd1. If all the top corners are gone and one of the top interior guys is still there do we pass? Karras seems like a pretty equal center compared to Hopkins but he can play guard where Hopkins can't. So it gives us the flexibility if Linderbaum is gone but Green or Zion are there then take them or vice versa. Or then if none of that works out then we have Carman to compete for
Don't think it'll be OL in the 1st. If CB isn't there I think they'll go Safety or DT/DE or if a WR drops. I've saw Devin Lloyd late in round 1 a few times lately I think they'd take him in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if they take Linderbaum C in round 1 and move Karra to LG and keep Carmen as depth along with Spain. That would be a pretty decent OL.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: shouldnt feel good if Carman is competing with some other jabroni for the LG position

I would actually feel real good about Carman putting in the work this off season to where he can compete to start. If his level of play when moved to LG is better than Spain's last year, then we have no worries.
Reply/Quote
The right side of our line will be rock solid. I have watched a lot of film of Karras, Collins and Cappa. Very convinced that when they are healthy they will protect Joe. Unfortunately, I am not convinced that the left side of our line Williams and Carmen will be good enough. Hopefully I am wrong and Carmen has a big improvement form year 1 to year 2. Williams needs to be more consistent as well. If not the defense will be targeting that gap all year.
I would be much more comfortable with Karras at LG and picking up Tretter for Center or drafting Linderbaum.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think we pass on O-line in first round.  Every guy we signed was a multi-year deal.  We have two guys we just drafted last year that that could develop this year.

Meanwhile both our safeties will be free agents next year and we have nothing behind them. Our top 2 TEs will also be free agents next year..

Depends who's available. If Linderbaum is there then there's no way you can pass on him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think we pass on O-line in first round.  Every guy we signed was a multi-year deal.  We have two guys we just drafted last year that that could develop this year.

We can literally do the same thing next off-season that we did this off-season. Franchise Bates and then bring in another TE via free agency. 

I do think they draft a TE somewhat early in this draft, but def not in the first round. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 04:10 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if they take Linderbaum C in round 1 and move Karra to LG and keep Carmen as depth along with Spain.  That would be a pretty decent OL.

I like this a lot...give Carmen some more time to develop. Theres still zero chance I would give up on Carmen as being a long term starter. 
Reply/Quote
Can we really in good faith pencil Carman in as a starter?

He played poor when he played, but he was also injured a lot.
Reply/Quote
They'll bring in a veteran to compete after the draft (as others have said, most likely Spain). Also, I would not be shocked to see D'Ante Smith as the starting LG Week 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we really in good faith pencil Carman in as a starter?

He played poor when he played, but he was also injured a lot.

We can't and we shouldn't...especially when you have unsigned guys like Spain out there. Carman shouldn't be handed the job this year, now way. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 09:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I like this a lot...give Carmen some more time to develop. Theres still zero chance I would give up on Carmen as being a long term starter. 

Yeah he does have a lot of potential, even to be a great OL. That back of his bothers me.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote